Subject: "Short logins problem" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #64128
Show all folders

KstatidaThu 14-Jul-16 01:24 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64128, "Short logins problem"

Taking the discussion here from Battlefields and Dios.

Wouldn't it be better to implement some sort of automated policies that take place when character becomes notorious for short logins?

Like when the character is high-profile and reaches some short login threshold, that automatically shortens his item hoarding timer. So when your floating average session time becomes excessively short, your hoarding timer reduces and suddenly your precious eq goes poof even if your overall time online is fine.

Or when this done with smaller characters, you could even reduce the autodeletion timer so that if I only login for five seconds with my assassin to check who, he'll eventually have autodelete timer of 2 days instead of 30?

Considering the login statistics logic is already there, making enforcement automated (and general criteria publicly known) would certainly:

1) remove immteraction stress for a number of players;
2) free imm hands (and nerves) from enforcing this policy manually

P.S. 2Umiron - Please please take this seriously!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

UmironThu 14-Jul-16 02:15 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64136, "RE: Short logins problem"
In response to Reply #0

That all sounds like a lot of work when a conversation will do. Besides, if someone is surprised/offender we dumped them into the RotD unexpectedly, they're really going to love it when we delete their character instead (something I don't have the ability to undo, by the way).

Likewise, the first time someone gets whacked for short logins and all their legendary eq poofs it's going to be "whatthe####didyoujust####ingsayaboutmeyoulittlebitch?illhaveyouknowigraduatedtopofmyclassinthenavysealsandive..." all over the newbie channel/pray log for 20 minutes.

I hear ya, but I really feel like we're discussing solutions for a largely non-problem. It's hit the forums a couple of times in the last few months so suddenly people are talking about it, but the practice hasn't really changed in forever nor is it typically a problem.

KstatidaThu 14-Jul-16 03:32 PM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64146, "I hear you, totally reasonable NT"
In response to Reply #2

NT

KoeKhaosThu 14-Jul-16 01:42 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
400 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64132, "I thought hoard code already hit short logins..."
In response to Reply #0

At least I remember them making a change for it a long time ago.

KstatidaThu 14-Jul-16 03:31 PM
2214 posts
#64145, "It's currently cumulative login timer"
In response to Reply #1

not weighted average login timer.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #64128 Previous topic | Next topic