Subject: "Cabal consolidation " Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #63875
Show all folders

laxmanFri 17-Jun-16 07:27 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#63875, "Cabal consolidation "

As the player and imm pool shrinks maybe it would be best to consolidate options to keep a higher level of saturation. Right now we have 6 full cabals and 2 mini cabals. What if we consolidated down to 4 or 3 main cabals and let the minis stand(scarab/herald). This would concentrate the conflict a bit more and maybe bring more pk ranges into active cabal conflict.

Just as an idea if we went to 3 cabals I would break it up like so.
Order cabal - like empire it has sects based on class. The Mage sect would essentially be masters (order magic) and it would absorb the duties of tribunal to patrol cities.
Chaos cabal - an expansion of outlander would have a strong nature leaning but would really be more enropic. Could have powers divided between chaos and nature groups.
The village- I would add a village path for priests but otherwise keep it the same

I think having 3 cabals of mixed alignment that have internal conflict as well as intra cabal conflict could really mix things up. You bring back entropy and masters type things to the mix that appeal to old heads and you destroy team good/evil in the process.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

wlnMon 20-Jun-16 10:53 AM
Member since 11th Jun 2016
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63912, "I like it"
In response to Reply #0

I'd merge:
- tribs + empire, to get something new, powerful, orderly;
- fort and outlanders, because they are almost always together anyways, fortlander could be official. And scarabs there, for the balance
- battle and nexus, just because both cabals are so amazingly dumb that they worth collapse into each other. And troupes there, too, to balance them a bit

I wouldn't directly oppose cabals. Instead, I'd make them all balanced and initiated wars between them through events/quests/leaders. Today there would be war between A and B+C, tomorrow - A+B vs C, etc. That would be fun and fresh, all the time.

TMNSSat 18-Jun-16 03:50 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63877, "Tried to convince Gaspare to take over Trib for similar..."
In response to Reply #0

Didn't have the cajones to play it out though.

SaagkriSat 18-Jun-16 12:01 AM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#63876, "On the right track"
In response to Reply #0

There probably needs to be some changes along these lines to account for the player numbers to make sure we don't lose players to boredom. One example is the recent change to mercs and leveling.

Like:
1. A little code to make the empowerment and praying less time wasting.
2. Next time you consider rewriting an area, consider just removing it.
3. Have Hero IMMs read roles and stuff that is suffering from IMM numbers/time instead of making world bigger.
4. Allow IMMs to post with non-identifying handles on Dios to help bolster the CF community.
5. Link to Dio's/Diku on CF welcome screen so I don't have to feel so sorry for newbies who have no access to maps/help them integrate faster.
6. IMMs be vis more often. Appearances matter and it counters the fewer IMMs with less time narrative.
7. Revisit the steps to IMM as the need and pool of new IMMs has changed a great deal since they were last updated in 2007. Perhaps streamlining the process. A year??

Just some ideas. I lack visibility into these things, so some may be happening or there are reasons why they don't.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #63875 Previous topic | Next topic