Subject: "Questions about paladin essences." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #63626
Show all folders

confusedpaladin (Anonymous)Fri 13-May-16 12:21 AM
Charter member
#63626, "Questions about paladin essences."

If you put up essence of retribution does it just shorten the length of defensive communes like sanctuary, protection, divine insight etc. - or does it reduce their effectiveness as well?

Can you tell me, specifically, what "defensive" supps it nerfs and how it nerfs them?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

laxmanSat 14-May-16 10:11 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#63629, "Essence of retribution"
In response to Reply #0

Pro: noticeably increases damage sups like wrath, fire and brimstone, light if heaven, etc

Con: the hp you get from heal communes is cut in half, you might do cure sups at a lower level. I don't recall it affecting sanc timer but if it does it's only by a tick or two

JormyrSat 14-May-16 10:18 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
422 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63630, "About right."
In response to Reply #1

Usual cavaet: I'm not a coder, but I've had the virtue, and did a little testing overnight.

Laxman pretty much covers it. Heal is only 50hp, and as best I can tell, looks like your protective/healing spells are communed at a lower level. On the bright side, sanc/protection are 50%/25% damage redux no matter what level, so that's just shortening the sup length some.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #63626 Previous topic | Next topic