Subject: "Can someone explain religion to me again?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #63596
Show all folders

MurphySat 07-May-16 08:42 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63596, "Can someone explain religion to me again?"

My characters tend to be ignored by Imms for long periods of time. I often go 75-100 hours before my role gets rated, and 300-400 hours until they first get immxp.

I understand it's because I play off-hours and it's not always like that, more like hit or miss. And if it's a miss, I can at least live without role/immxp. Not so with empowerment.

I tried to play a non-priest follower so I can "get my feet wet" before playing a priest, but I could never even get any acknowledgment or a "Seeker" title or whatever. Nevermind having a tattoo.

(One time I got a task from an Imm was when the Imm in question approached me. I utterly failed in accomplishing it, sadly, as it involved getting three PK wins.)

Could you suggest a way to "get it done with" relatively painlessly so I can play the game with a class I never tried before?

And after I get empowered, do I have to periodically go to the shrine? To do what? I remember ranking with a paladin and every hour he would break group and go to Baer's shrine to "give praise". He was already empowered. WTF?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TMNSSat 07-May-16 01:17 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63600, "Priests following Gods is easy...it's a bit more differ..."
In response to Reply #0

I always had a hard time of it myself.

Though, that being said, I did get tattooed with a shapeshifter.

LhydiaSat 07-May-16 09:08 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63599, "So.."
In response to Reply #0

Pretty much empowerment wise you just need to remember that your IMM isn't always around and isn't omnipotent. When setting up your role it is good to have some sort of conflict that you can steadily resolve with the assistance of your God as the character progresses. You shouldn't go into a religion knowing everything and having all the right answers. Each IMM has put a lot of thought into their religion and have 'deeper level' meanings behind a lot of the stuff in the helpfile they want you to have revelations and figure out IC. You show that you 'get it' by following up with them through discussions IC. The goal isn't really 'Hey I want empowerment so I can access my sups', its like..establishing a relationship with your deity and going around the mud spreading their faith and making them look good. The better able you're able to prove that you get their religion, the happier they're gonna be.

I'm pretty sure IMMs get made fun of by other IMMs when they have really ####ty followers. If you can create a character and really dig deep into your RP and understanding of the religion itself through conversations with the IMM, you really get a good experience out of the deal. This has just been my experience from the distant past.

A lot of IMMs have opted to have cookie cutter religion experiences for their followers lately that are the same questions for every player/character because it seems like they're over the whole yay I have a religion lets explore each character concept individually. OMG canned religion is the worst, but once you get the formula/right answers you can pretty much be a 'successful follower' every time. The trick is to figure out what makes each IMM tick as a player and exhibit those qualities. You pretty much learn this through repeated interactions and multiple followers. I think for every successfully tat'd character I've had I've probably had 5 failures played to term with no love before getting ink'd. Once you get it though the IMMs don't change and you can repeat the experience whether its empowerment/virtues/shaman path/tat/etc.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #63596 Previous topic | Next topic