Subject: "Provost Helpfile/Tribunal Helpfiles need updating?" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #63537
Show all folders

LhydiaTue 03-May-16 06:55 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63537, "Provost Helpfile/Tribunal Helpfiles need updating?"

If it has been changed that Provost and/or other Tribs are considered 'On Duty' when they are outside of protected cities could you update the help files to reflect that instead of the way they are written currently?

It seems to be okay to flag for stuff happening outside cities now as its been happening very consistently for 2-3 weeks from my limited scope of observation.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Reply Locked: This can continue to play out IC. (nt), Umiron, 04-May-16 08:13 PM, #27
Reply There seems to be many different takes, SeekingClarification (Anonymous), 04-May-16 06:43 PM, #20
Reply Your link is from 2006. Thats not useful for much of a..., Destuvius, 04-May-16 06:47 PM, #21
     Reply Alright. But you didnt answer. , SeekingClarification (Anonymous), 04-May-16 06:50 PM, #22
     Reply Okay. , Lhydia, 04-May-16 07:47 PM, #23
          Reply Hey, I am not trolling., Destuvius, 04-May-16 07:49 PM, #24
               Reply Its the same topic only vividly remembered because he e..., Lhydia, 04-May-16 08:04 PM, #25
                    Reply I do, Destuvius, 04-May-16 08:09 PM, #26
Reply RE: Provost Helpfile/Tribunal Helpfiles need updating?, Umiron, 03-May-16 12:28 PM, #7
Reply That is awesome of you, thanks. , Lhydia, 03-May-16 12:41 PM, #8
Reply RE: Provost Helpfile/Tribunal Helpfiles need updating?, Destuvius, 03-May-16 10:20 AM, #1
     Reply I disagree. I tried handling it IC and there isn't any ..., Lhydia, 03-May-16 10:26 AM, #2
     Reply Wait what what what, Murphy, 03-May-16 10:46 AM, #3
     Reply Sorry sorry sorry. Not Laeden., Lhydia, 03-May-16 10:55 AM, #4
     Reply RE: I disagree. I tried handling it IC and there isn't ..., Destuvius, 03-May-16 12:03 PM, #5
          Reply There have been IC efforts made within the last 2-3 wee..., Lhydia, 03-May-16 12:12 PM, #6
          Reply RE: There have been IC efforts made within the last 2-3..., Destuvius, 03-May-16 12:56 PM, #11
               Reply Exactly my point. , Lhydia, 03-May-16 12:58 PM, #12
          Reply I must disagree. It isn't. , TJHuron, 03-May-16 12:54 PM, #10
     Reply I tried when I got flagged for attacking Hitrimpli as T..., TJHuron, 03-May-16 12:50 PM, #9
     Reply Hey I haven't even been flagged. n/t, Lhydia, 03-May-16 12:58 PM, #13
     Reply RE: I tried when I got flagged for attacking Hitrimpli ..., Borkahd, 04-May-16 02:08 PM, #18
     Reply counterpoint, incognito, 03-May-16 03:42 PM, #14
     Reply That would mean nothing, Kstatida, 04-May-16 04:07 AM, #15
          Reply Agreed, except for outlanders having highest crime rate, Murphy, 04-May-16 04:10 AM, #16
               Reply Only occasional characters, Kstatida, 04-May-16 08:49 AM, #17
                    Reply Number of times marked is a poor benchmark, Murphy, 04-May-16 04:31 PM, #19

UmironWed 04-May-16 08:13 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63592, "Locked: This can continue to play out IC. (nt)"
In response to Reply #0

nt

SeekingClarification (Anonymous)Wed 04-May-16 06:43 PM
Charter member
#63579, "There seems to be many different takes"
In response to Reply #0

I wish to know as ive been the victim before and seen it done.

But it has inconsistently been clarified and usually assume it alternates on who is governing.

I personally have always played it to be the Justiciars ability to discern this scenario. While I think that is true, is that what everyone else thinks? Some people seem to think you can never be wanted. Others think every time. Some think only provost/justiciar can.

http://www.qhcf.net/phorum/read.php?18,780782,780782#msg-780782

Can we define it? For its pretty much interpretation it seems. Just look at the responses by highly looked up players actually defending what is being complained about right now on this post.

DestuviusWed 04-May-16 06:47 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63580, "Your link is from 2006. Thats not useful for much of a..."
In response to Reply #20

Thanks for trying though!

SeekingClarification (Anonymous)Wed 04-May-16 06:50 PM
Charter member
#63581, "Alright. But you didnt answer. "
In response to Reply #21

I mean, that is the only post I could find when searching the context of this post for playerbase thoughts. There still is zero clarification and judging on both sites still mixed reaction.

I am simply asking, which is it?

Thanks.

LhydiaWed 04-May-16 07:47 PM
2390 posts
#63588, "Okay. "
In response to Reply #21

I don't need to paste a link because I've seen it happen 3 times in the last 2 weeks where people have been flagged under similar circumstances.

Stop trolling people, you're supposed to be above all that. There's a saying about rolling around with pigs and getting muddy that is applicable but I never get it right. The one about horseshoes and hand grenades either.

DestuviusWed 04-May-16 07:49 PM
1012 posts
#63589, "Hey, I am not trolling."
In response to Reply #23

He could have linked the post on dios from 2ish days ago, because that's relevant. Confusion from a decade ago is not relevant.

LhydiaWed 04-May-16 08:04 PM
2390 posts
#63590, "Its the same topic only vividly remembered because he e..."
In response to Reply #24

People being flagged for defending their cabal when there is a criminal inside is liiiiiittle bit ridiculous and you know it.

DestuviusWed 04-May-16 08:09 PM
1012 posts
#63591, "I do"
In response to Reply #25

But every time I help with management of a different cabal people get really upset because they have a hard time accepting that Destuvius isn't always an IC persona but also an admin tag. So even though Destuvius (the character) is Empire, Destuvius (the admin) often times has to handle things in different cabals out of necessity.

UmironTue 03-May-16 12:28 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63547, "RE: Provost Helpfile/Tribunal Helpfiles need updating?"
In response to Reply #0

I haven't been super active with in-game stuff lately (in my defense, I am dormant), and I've also been getting a LOT of Tribunal related notes lately that aren't complaints and so I just haven't had time to sift through the noise yet.

I'll do my best to make sure things are clear(er) IC as soon as I can, but right now I have work work to do.

LhydiaTue 03-May-16 12:41 PM
2390 posts
#63548, "That is awesome of you, thanks. "
In response to Reply #7

I knew you were dormant and focused on coding stuff and that in all likelihood stuff like notes/prays weren't being/wouldn't be caught.

Thanks again for looking into it.

DestuviusTue 03-May-16 10:20 AM
1012 posts
#63541, "RE: Provost Helpfile/Tribunal Helpfiles need updating?"
In response to Reply #0

Ironically there have been 0 things done in attempts to handle this IC. I cant speak for team Trib but I certainly think this would be better handled in game than on the forums.

LhydiaTue 03-May-16 10:23 AM
2390 posts
#63542, "I disagree. I tried handling it IC and there isn't any ..."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Tue 03-May-16 10:26 AM

It stemmed from the previous Provost.

I've attempted to RP/contact IMMs via note with 3 separate Trib characters to address this.

So yeah. No. Helpfile update or oversight needed.

MurphyTue 03-May-16 10:46 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63543, "Wait what what what"
In response to Reply #2

What stemmed from the previous Provost?
I don't remember placing any flags for stuff outside cities.

I swear sometimes it appears like I'm playing some other mud than the rest of you guys.

LhydiaTue 03-May-16 10:55 AM
2390 posts
#63544, "Sorry sorry sorry. Not Laeden."
In response to Reply #3

Hitrliplini.

There is only so much you can do IC when prays and notes are ignored and Provost says 'I'm Provost and you're wrong.'

DestuviusTue 03-May-16 12:03 PM
1012 posts
#63545, "RE: I disagree. I tried handling it IC and there isn't ..."
In response to Reply #2

I was referencing the last 2 or 3 weeks, like you were in your initial post.

If you are talking about things further back than this then the commentary is less relevant.

LhydiaTue 03-May-16 12:12 PM
2390 posts
#63546, "There have been IC efforts made within the last 2-3 wee..."
In response to Reply #5

If you're going to pretend to be omnipotent you could at least grep some pray logs first before you say efforts have not been made IC. I wouldn't have brought it up if it wasn't an issue. Its just become way more prevalent lately than it was in the recent past.

It is Tribunal corruption the way the helpfiles/policies are written currently and if what is happening is 'okay' then they need to be changed is all I'm saying. You can't exactly tell the Provost IC to 'help provost'.

You bastards are going to make me become a Trib IMM before this year is over.

DestuviusTue 03-May-16 12:56 PM
1012 posts
#63551, "RE: There have been IC efforts made within the last 2-3..."
In response to Reply #6

Im surprised it took you this long to figure out my evil plan. You're slacking at your detective work.

LhydiaTue 03-May-16 12:58 PM
2390 posts
#63552, "Exactly my point. "
In response to Reply #11

I've been learning from current Spire policies how to detective.

TJHuronTue 03-May-16 12:54 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
#63550, "I must disagree. It isn't. "
In response to Reply #5

When people try to handle stuff IC and nothing gets done it starts to send a message that this is a pointless avenue of handling the problem.

Past experiences are very relevant because they set precedent that the playerbase learns from.

TJHuronTue 03-May-16 12:50 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
#63549, "I tried when I got flagged for attacking Hitrimpli as T..."
In response to Reply #1

I sent some notes. Had some discussions with Village leadership. I can't remember everything but I did raise noise.

I was really pissed about it as a player but DID try to handle it IC. No one gave a #### though and aside from some decent RP conversations nothing came of it.

Maybe I should have came and bitched on the boards 😏

LhydiaTue 03-May-16 12:58 PM
2390 posts
#63553, "Hey I haven't even been flagged. n/t"
In response to Reply #9

gr

BorkahdWed 04-May-16 02:08 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2009
187 posts
#63567, "RE: I tried when I got flagged for attacking Hitrimpli ..."
In response to Reply #9

Maybe them not giving a crap was the resolution. If you handled it IC and didn't like the outcome - handle that IC as well.

So what if people think they are corrupt?

So what if they don't act how someone things a Tribunal member should?

Does someone think that they were unjustly warranted? Deal with it, maybe it was on purpose. Don't cry about it OOC.

Does someone think that player X in clan Y is doing something that clan Y shouldn't do? Deal with it. If your character would give a crap IC, deal with it IC. If your character wouldn't care (even if you as the player get irritated by it), deal with it.

-----------------
"My view of Borkahd IC"
If you anger him, he'll rape you to death, eat your flesh, and sew your skin into his clothing. And if you're very, very lucky, he'll do it in that order. ~Twist

incognitoTue 03-May-16 03:42 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63555, "counterpoint"
In response to Reply #1

from someone who has retired from the game...

Often your character's rp is such that there's no way the character would raise it in game.

But personally, I've flagged people before for interfering in my apprehension of a criminal when I was fighting the criminal outside of the city and they tried to pile in on me. And when it went before the trib imm, the flag was allowed to stand -- although I was encouraged not to interpret the law like that in the future.

KstatidaWed 04-May-16 04:07 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63557, "That would mean nothing"
In response to Reply #1

I tend to play CE characters, so if I eat a questionable flag, my IC reaction is anything but "file a complaint in an IC manner".

At the same time, outlanders (who have the highest criminal rate, I think) tend to go "lol, unfair flag, these tribunals are as dumb as we knew they were, Thar-Eris prevails and ####", no complains either.

So lack of IC handling is not really representative.

MurphyWed 04-May-16 04:10 AM
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63558, "Agreed, except for outlanders having highest crime rate"
In response to Reply #15

IME, villagers break laws way more often.

KstatidaWed 04-May-16 08:49 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63564, "Only occasional characters"
In response to Reply #16

As a benchmark, Gromm was marked the same number of times as Grimghal. And I was actively avoiding visiting cities.

MurphyWed 04-May-16 04:31 PM
1639 posts
#63571, "Number of times marked is a poor benchmark"
In response to Reply #17

Grimghal didn't die a lot.

But even then, when I played my provost, I noted that Tanzer led the "times wanted" statistic but everyone else after him was a villager.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #63537 Previous topic | Next topic