Subject: "Edge idea" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #63530
Show all folders

Onewingedangel (NOT Ranger)Mon 02-May-16 05:33 PM
Charter member

So I'v been tossing this around in my head, and I think a decently high cost edge for this would be balanced.

Animalistic instinct

With this edge a ranger (non-felar) has learned to use artificial claws in combat while wielding a spear/staff.

Would be dex based, due to the need to be agile enough. Claw attacks like this would still not be as powerful as felar claws, but would be a neat flavor, I think.

Thoughts? I feel making it an edge means it doesn't completely undo felar strengths as a ranger, especially as edge points become more scarce.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DestuviusMon 02-May-16 06:55 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63532, "I disagree strongly"
In response to Reply #0

Ranger weapons are stupidly powerful. One of the balancing facts they have for felar is that they are fairly heavy (compared to a lot of other weapons). If we were going to give an edge to essentially remove the penalty of no dual wield to all rangers who choose to use a ranger weapon then we would certainly reduce the quality of said ranger weapons to compensate.

OnewingedangelMon 02-May-16 07:28 PM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
447 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63533, "I see"
In response to Reply #2

I'd rather keep my weapon that is super easy to get.

Thanks for responding.

MurphyMon 02-May-16 06:29 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63531, "Rather want the "No claws" flaw."
In response to Reply #0

####ing porcupines...

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #63530 Previous topic | Next topic