Subject: "Empire Vote Oddities Take 2" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #63501
Show all folders

DestuviusFri 29-Apr-16 06:45 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63501, "Empire Vote Oddities Take 2"

Since the previous post has been cluttered up with a bunch of useless stuff, I am going to detail all the nonsense here in a new post. If its not related to this specific instance of wonky vote stuff, don't post about it in this thread.

So, without further delay, here is all the funky business!

When there is a vote for Emperor, either for a vacant throne or to oust the current Emperor, there are supposed to be a total of 4 votes. Those 4 votes come from the four members of the council. For whatever reason what actually happened in this vote is there were 6 votes. Not only was the sitting Emperor given a vote (which they are not supposed to have) but the Emperor vote was counted twice. The following is the results of said vote, including the double vote from the Emperor at the time:

Position : Emperor
Start Date: Thu Apr 21 18:18:35 2016
End Date : Thu Apr 28 18:18:35 2016
Candidates: Rodacir Golthazar Darvoderis Tiiga Caecilius Caecilius
Winner : Tiiga

Caecilius voted for Tiiga
Caecilius voted for Tiiga
Darvoderis voted for Tiiga
Destuvius voted for ---
Emnon voted for ---
Enlilth voted for ---
Golthazar voted for Darvoderis
Rodacir voted for Darvoderis
Tiiga voted for Caecilius

As you can see from the list there, Tiiga did actaully get 3 votes. However only 1 of his three votes is one that should exist. So if you remove the buggy as #### vote (and double vote) from Caecilius (who was the Emperor being ousted) you can see that Darvoderis got two of the four real votes.

As for a lot of the other stupid nonsense relating to people going into the wrong sects and whatever, thats beyond my paygrade. If your character has been impacted by all that wonky please pray about it so we can do all the necessary fixes to get you properly back in the right sect with the right powers.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Serial Imperial - the ousted (Anonymous)Sun 01-May-16 06:11 PM
Charter member
#63529, "RE: Empire Vote Oddities Take 2"
In response to Reply #0

Knowing this is how it works (i actually thought the emperor was supposed to get 2 votes from the way previous emperors i talked to discussed it during coup attempts..) makes my next chars much more likely to attempt coups.

Mathematically it would be very difficult to oust an emperor if they DID have two votes, and even one would make it easy to tie things with 5 votes in the field, if said emperor was slick enough to know who was sponsoring the rebellion...

But with four, shoot... no complaints either way, but I thought it would be harder to get the cabal leader off the list than convince two people! Evil means you cant trust them really but still... totally pulling the trigger in the future on that one.

Convincing those two people means that 3 people are making the same decision against the remaining two, so again no complaints and it makes sense to me. Good times!

LhydiaSat 30-Apr-16 07:16 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63514, "I thought Emperor being able to vote was intentional? W..."
In response to Reply #0

gr

UmironSat 30-Apr-16 08:10 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63515, "RE: I thought Emperor being able to vote was intentiona..."
In response to Reply #1

I believe it is, based on this code comment:

// Don't forget to include the Emperor in the list of voting candidates
// But they don't get a vote themselves

DestuviusSat 30-Apr-16 08:20 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#63516, "As I read that note.."
In response to Reply #2

// Don't forget to include the Emperor in the list of voting candidates
// But they don't get a vote themselves

the second line jumps out the most to me. I read that and view it that the Emperor is a valid choice for the vote of the Council BUT the Emperor shouldn't get to cast a vote. Maybe I am just crazy.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #63501 Previous topic | Next topic