Subject: "Tattoos and Stuff" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #63270
Show all folders

No Names (Anonymous)Sun 10-Apr-16 06:00 AM
Charter member
#63270, "Tattoos and Stuff"

Disclaimer: As written to protect all identities.

I had a character not long ago I had put a lot of effort into. Found the shrine of the active god of my sphere. Came and prayed (with the IMMs name in the prayer) periodically over about 100 hrs without response. Sent a note IC to try to find a time to meet. My interest in this 200+ hr character steadily waned to 0 during the week+ I waited with no reply.

My questions are:
-Should I assume the IMM didn't want the char as a follower?
-Could I have had my sphere changed to one with a more active IMM?
-Were my expectations unreasonable?
-Is this typical?
-Is there a better way to implement this process?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

incognitoMon 11-Apr-16 01:24 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63287, "Some context"
In response to Reply #0

Most would probably consider my last char tsalantha to be reasonably successful. But I didn't get tattoo'd until over 600 hours gone whilst in a cabal where tattoos are pretty common among the members.

Guess what? It didn't ruin anything.

Induction didn't come for over 200 hours iirc. And that didn't ruin anything either.

If you lacked empowerment that's a bit sucky but equally you need to balance praying for it with going out and rping with others. But sometimes, you are just unlucky. I had a lyristeon healer wannabe who deleted at 80 hours unrmpowered back when you only got skills and supps to lvl 10. Another lyristeon char was empowered fast and got lots of attention. Just chalk it up to luck and move on.

KstatidaSun 10-Apr-16 08:40 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63273, "God guys just stop it"
In response to Reply #0

Stop forcing your funstick on others. Make a rule to follow only those imms whom you see regularly in your standard playtimes. I've only been playing CF for like a year and I've seen so many characters ruined because they depended on immteraction with the following player bitterness that I find it confusing. We have a playerbase of how many - 100 people? And I've seen this more than 10 times already.

Just stop it already, this isn't going anywhere good, and I'm sure it never was.

TMNSSun 10-Apr-16 11:37 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63284, "It's not a new thing."
In response to Reply #3

In fact, one of the things that led to over-rewarding and a culture that was fairly toxic...was because players complained the IMMs didn't interact enough or give rewards.

So it's somewhat of a double-edged sword.

That being said, again, people since CF existed have based their funstick on IMMs for some reason.

DestuviusSun 10-Apr-16 07:39 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63272, "For the sake of being able to give real answers"
In response to Reply #0

There are certain things that would be nice to know, like your characters name or the immortal name. There are a lot of variables at play and I'd rather not give inaccurate responses.

LhydiaSun 10-Apr-16 06:42 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#63271, "Just remember..."
In response to Reply #0

CF is a world where your peers in the real world are pretending to be Gods.

Anything could have happened to them during the 1-3 week period you did this. Just because you have 100 hours to spare to play the mud during that period doesn't mean its always going to mesh up with the lady or dude you're trying to catch online.

If I were you I'd probably have sent an email after the first week.

I typically only follow IMMs that share my playtimes. So if you're online consistently during a certain timespread throughout the week only follow the people you see vis sometimes OR that have the same wizlist hours as you that you KNOW are active.

Logging in at 1am to catch Kastellyn when you have to work the next day and you usually go to bed at 9pm is not adviseable. =)

Good luck and sorry you didn't make your IMM connection like you wanted, just send an email and see if you get a response and try again later.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #63270 Previous topic | Next topic