Subject: "So was wights being able to use pills and potions a bug..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #63128
Show all folders

KaguMaruWed 23-Mar-16 08:54 AM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63128, "So was wights being able to use pills and potions a bug?"

I'm dying to know. I didn't exploit the ability because I thought it must be a bug but my prays and bug board posts went unanswered.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KstatidaWed 23-Mar-16 08:58 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63129, "Wights are corporeal"
In response to Reply #0

Therefore ingesting magical stuff is ok. You do gnaw on bones after all.

KaguMaruWed 23-Mar-16 09:05 AM
805 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63130, "I thought that might be it"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Wed 23-Mar-16 09:06 AM

But I wanted imm confirmation. For example, you're immune to poison but you can give yourself alcohol poisoning - seems off.

ScarabaeusThu 24-Mar-16 01:35 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
#63137, "True"
In response to Reply #1

I'll have to look at the code, but I thought Wights were prevented from eating anything that wasn't made of bone. I suppose a bone-material pill still has some potential there in that case.

The question is: Do pills and potions work because they are rapidly metabolized by PCs or because their ingestion is itself a magical process? I'm inclined to say the former, in which case they probably shouldn't work for Wights.

Now I'm curious what the code does!

KaguMaruThu 24-Mar-16 06:22 PM
805 posts
#63139, "It's all pills, not just bone"
In response to Reply #3

Which has odd affects if you eat seaweed. There are a host of other wight-related bugs that I posted to the bugboard including:

Ability to catch plague - this reduces strength and makes you contagious without causing damage or stopping regen.

Then there are area related progs which can blind you or make you fall asleep. Also the fungus in the mines does things to you and the echos make me think that should be related to biological processes. But if druid spores are a thing that undead have to deal with it would be consistent that abandoned mines spores would be too.

I'd guess the code probably just prevents you from eating food.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #63128 Previous topic | Next topic