Subject: "Herald request" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #62762
Show all folders

Ze Herald (Anonymous)Fri 26-Feb-16 04:23 AM
Charter member
#62762, "Herald request"
Edited on Fri 26-Feb-16 05:10 AM

Although it's just a +morale boost, cooks and bartenders in Herald have an edge that gives them an.... edge in their Heraldric escapades. Completely niche request but might be kind of fun. I don't think any of this would be game changing, and I don't know whether or not this would be a coding nightmare, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Taletellers and performers: Add a special rewarded taletell/perform skill that has a chance to give a small +morale bonus to people in the room. Should have a lengthy timer so you can't just keep doing it until everyone has the bonus.

Painters and weavers: Add a frame skill like rebind for scholars.
ex: Paint canvas red This painting is of Whiysdan sipping whiskey.
Frame painting a jolly, fat svirfneblin
inv
A framed painting of a jolly, fat svirfneblin

Decorators and tailors: Allow decorated items to keep their wear slots. As it is now, if you decorate a holdable item it becomes unholdable. Add a rewarded edge that would allow decorators and tailors to decorate/sew limited items.

Scholars:.... Dunno, allow them to bind books? Page 1, page 2, etc.

Bartenders: Add rum, vodka, gin, arak, absinthe, brandy, and liqueur to the menu. I hate telling people the Inn doesn't carry these when requested.

Also, I would enjoy if steaks created from corpses kept the mob/player's keywords. I.E. Take olin sack. You take a steak of Olin the Innkeeper out of a sack. Might add a little RP flare to steaks, being able to get a steak of someone out of a container without having to count steaks, should the need to eat a steak of someone infront of them. It'd also give Herald chefs a little more flexibility with cooking them and might encourage chefs to seek out steak making contacts.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Herald request, Umiron, 26-Feb-16 08:01 PM, #3
Reply :) /nt, Ze Herald (Anonymous), 27-Feb-16 02:15 AM, #4
Reply Another thing...., Random Ranger (Anonymous), 26-Feb-16 05:06 PM, #2
Reply I'd enjoy that too, Ze Herald (Anonymous), 27-Feb-16 02:34 AM, #6
Reply While we're at it..., A different Herald (Anonymous), 26-Feb-16 08:50 AM, #1
     Reply I think so too., Ze Herald (Anonymous), 27-Feb-16 02:32 AM, #5

UmironFri 26-Feb-16 08:01 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62791, "RE: Herald request"
In response to Reply #0

There are some reasonable ideas here. I'm not going to make any commitments, but I don't see why we couldn't get around to stuff like this when there's time.

Ze Herald (Anonymous)Sat 27-Feb-16 02:15 AM
Charter member
#62793, ":) /nt"
In response to Reply #3

Net teksta

Random Ranger (Anonymous)Fri 26-Feb-16 05:06 PM
Charter member
#62788, "Another thing...."
In response to Reply #0

The Inn is a great place to really get into detailed RP with a mix of other players for a longer duration. Would it be possible to remove or even reduce out of wilderness timer penalties while inside the Inn for Rangers/Druids?

I feel it could add some pretty interesting layers, like sharing stories from adventures in the wilds, grabbing real food/drink after living off of the land for so long, without having to worry about losing fastcamo or other elements.

Ze Herald (Anonymous)Sat 27-Feb-16 02:34 AM
Charter member
#62795, "I'd enjoy that too"
In response to Reply #2

Ranger is one of my favorite classes but I tend to stay away from playing them due to the solitary life they lead. Some people pull off social rangers, but I have trouble with it. The rangers I have played have been hampered by wilderness timer because I spend too much time in the Inn.

A different Herald (Anonymous)Fri 26-Feb-16 08:45 AM
Charter member
#62778, "While we're at it..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Fri 26-Feb-16 08:50 AM

And this wouldn't take any code changes whatsoever but the High Herald should always automatically get the preacher edge. I know it's been rewarded to non-bard HH's several times in the past (I know I played one) and it seems like people tend to assume the HH can note to all anyway.

I dig these ideas, btw. This game is something I use primarily as an outlet for my creativity and I know many others do too. So, if the trend toward a more RP focused mud is what we're seeing here, giving Herald a little bit more oomph is a good thing.

Ze Herald (Anonymous)Sat 27-Feb-16 02:32 AM
Charter member
#62794, "I think so too."
In response to Reply #1

I think mostly it's an oversight as most HHs who ask to learn how to do it are given the ability. It's still very helpful for the HH to set things up and sometimes can take a while before it's addressed.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #62762 Previous topic | Next topic