Subject: "It seems odd that..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #62497
Show all folders

Felar (Anonymous)Sun 31-Jan-16 07:37 PM
Charter member
#62497, "It seems odd that..."

I was surprised to learn that with a felar assassin, you can only dual wield with claws. I took that to mean that you can only wield one weapon, but it seems it's even more restrictive in that you can only wield a weapon in the mainhand.

What this means is that an arial assassin cannot wield a weapon and also utilize unarmed defense like a human can. So, is a human master of Atemi Waza more powerful than a felar master of Atemi Waza? That seems odd to me.

Would it make sense to allow felar to dual wield a weapon and use claw as mainhand so he can utilize unarmed defense?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: It seems odd that..., And is feral growl supposed to remove blass? (Anonymous), 03-Feb-16 09:12 AM, #11
Reply It's a benifit and hinderance. , Kalageadon, 03-Feb-16 09:36 AM, #12
     Reply My experience with Defl tells me this isn't exactly rig..., Tac, 03-Feb-16 08:26 PM, #13
          Reply When I feral with bless, bless goes away nt, felar (Anonymous), 04-Feb-16 07:14 AM, #15
Reply Thanks for the answers. nt, Felar (Anonymous), 01-Feb-16 08:33 AM, #4
Reply I remember why this bothered me, felar (Anonymous), 03-Feb-16 09:10 AM, #10
Reply RE: It seems odd that..., Isildur, 01-Feb-16 08:23 AM, #3
Reply I'm pretty sure unarmed defense doesn't work that way, Kstatida, 01-Feb-16 04:11 AM, #2
Reply You can't backfist from the offhand, KaguMaru, 01-Feb-16 08:27 PM, #5
     Reply Let me roll an assassin to test that again NT, Kstatida, 02-Feb-16 06:36 AM, #6
     Reply A quicker way is to just read the help file. =) n/t, Calion, 02-Feb-16 09:47 AM, #7
          Reply Reperformance is a heavier evidence than 3rd party inqu..., Kstatida, 02-Feb-16 11:20 AM, #8
     Reply Ok, I reperformed that, Kstatida, 03-Feb-16 08:58 AM, #9
Reply RE: It seems odd that..., Kharne, 01-Feb-16 12:42 AM, #1
     Reply RE: It seems odd that..., felar (Anonymous), 03-Feb-16 11:08 PM, #14
          Reply This is straight up wrong., Tac, 04-Feb-16 08:29 AM, #16
               Reply Maybe he thinks offhand disarm is the only way to get o..., lasentia, 04-Feb-16 12:25 PM, #17
                    Reply Thanks. Did not know that! nt, felar (Anonymous), 04-Feb-16 02:33 PM, #18

And is feral growl supposed to remove blass? (Anonymous)Wed 03-Feb-16 09:12 AM
Charter member
#62510, "RE: It seems odd that..."
In response to Reply #0

When I feral growl, my bless goes away. No message, reason, and this doesn't happen with similar skills does it?

KalageadonWed 03-Feb-16 09:36 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1049 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62511, "It's a benifit and hinderance. "
In response to Reply #11

If I recall the mechanic. When you're blessed, you can't have warcry up and feral growl is similar. Since the affects overlap, you can use growl over bless or warcry but like warcry, you can't have it simultaneously with bless.

TacWed 03-Feb-16 08:26 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62512, "My experience with Defl tells me this isn't exactly rig..."
In response to Reply #12

I don't know exactly what the combination is and I'm not overly interested in grepping my logs for it, but bless/warcry and feral growl stack, but it matters which comes first and some other nonsense which made no sense. Can't warcry while growled, but can when blessed or vice verse. Can be blesses and feral growl and have both? It's wonky, but I don't remember exactly how.

felar (Anonymous)Thu 04-Feb-16 07:14 AM
Charter member
#62517, "When I feral with bless, bless goes away nt"
In response to Reply #13

nt

Felar (Anonymous)Mon 01-Feb-16 08:33 AM
Charter member
#62501, "Thanks for the answers. nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

felar (Anonymous)Wed 03-Feb-16 09:10 AM
Charter member
#62509, "I remember why this bothered me"
In response to Reply #4

With other assassin, I would dual a sword in offhand so I could not get disarmed. Why a felar who is better with his hands not wield them as primary, is odd and makes them inferior in this case.

IsildurMon 01-Feb-16 08:23 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#62500, "RE: It seems odd that..."
In response to Reply #0

Incoming attacks are randomly assigned to your main or off-hand for the purposes of parrying. If you attempt to parry an attack with your off hand and you're not wielding a weapon then I assume unarmed defense comes into play.

KstatidaMon 01-Feb-16 04:11 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62499, "I'm pretty sure unarmed defense doesn't work that way"
In response to Reply #0

It should be similar to parry. There is 50% chance to parry with each hand, if chance goes to unarmed hand (either main or offhand), unarmed defense + backfist checks. So in terms of unarmed defense, felar is similar to any other race. In terms of inability to dual vuln weapon - well you should pay for felar bonuses anyway.

KaguMaruMon 01-Feb-16 08:27 PM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
#62502, "You can't backfist from the offhand"
In response to Reply #2

Fairly certain.

I'm not sure how the code for parry works when you're dual wielding fists/claws. I think I read a post by Daevryn or someone saying that essentially, weapon + empty hand parries the same as weapon + identical weapon, but my own experiences would suggest that parry is better when dual wielding. Not sure which to go on.

KstatidaTue 02-Feb-16 06:36 AM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62503, "Let me roll an assassin to test that again NT"
In response to Reply #5

NT

CalionTue 02-Feb-16 09:47 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62504, "A quicker way is to just read the help file. =) n/t"
In response to Reply #6

KstatidaTue 02-Feb-16 11:18 AM
2214 posts
#62505, "Reperformance is a heavier evidence than 3rd party inqu..."
In response to Reply #7
Edited on Tue 02-Feb-16 11:20 AM

Even if the latter it proves me correct.

KstatidaWed 03-Feb-16 08:58 AM
2214 posts
#62508, "Ok, I reperformed that"
In response to Reply #5

Offhand backfist works perfectly fine.

KharneMon 01-Feb-16 12:42 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2016
50 posts
#62498, "RE: It seems odd that..."
In response to Reply #0

There is no need to dual wield a weapon as you dual wield your claws instead.

If you wish to utilize unarmed defense then just wield no weapons (claws in primary and dual) as this is no different to having claws in primary and a weapon in dual except you are using claw damage instead of a weapon.

You could also wear a shield and use unarmed defense as a felar if you so wished.

felar (Anonymous)Wed 03-Feb-16 11:08 PM
Charter member
#62514, "RE: It seems odd that..."
In response to Reply #1

With other races, you can primary hand and dual sword so you cannot get disarmed (normal disarm) and you can backfist as well.

TacThu 04-Feb-16 08:29 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#62518, "This is straight up wrong."
In response to Reply #14

If someone is primary first and dual wielding, disarm will simply take out their second weapon.

lasentiaThu 04-Feb-16 12:25 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62519, "Maybe he thinks offhand disarm is the only way to get o..."
In response to Reply #16

But like you said, disarm works on any weapon, it just prioritizes primary wield before offhand.
But offhand disarm is just meant to target the offhand instead of the primary, and works on non-weapons since they all go to offhand by default.

felar (Anonymous)Thu 04-Feb-16 02:33 PM
Charter member
#62520, "Thanks. Did not know that! nt"
In response to Reply #17

nt

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #62497 Previous topic | Next topic