Subject: "playerbase stats question, if available" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #62095
Show all folders

IsildurFri 01-Jan-16 10:27 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62095, "playerbase stats question, if available"

Not to start another big whine fest, but I'd be curious to know what percentage of the characters that are level 31 or higher got the "5k exploration xp by level 30" bonus vs. how many got the "10k observation xp by level 30" bonus.

Does one seem to be significantly "harder" or "easier" than the other? If so, would it make sense to adjust them (one up and one down) such that they're approximately equally difficult?

Based on my game knowledge, play style, etc., one of the two seems significantly more difficult to achieve. But I may well be an outlier.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I cannot believe the grinding you ####ers like to do., TMNS, 01-Jan-16 07:07 PM, #8
Reply RE: I cannot believe the grinding you ####ers like to d..., Isildur, 01-Jan-16 07:40 PM, #9
Reply I found the exploration one more difficult., Murphy, 01-Jan-16 07:54 PM, #10
Reply Grinding is how we are supposed to play..., Tac, 01-Jan-16 08:14 PM, #11
Reply I like things to do, laxman, 01-Jan-16 11:50 PM, #12
Reply Is the 10k being hard to achieve an issue?, incognito, 01-Jan-16 12:45 PM, #2
Reply RE: Is the 10k being hard to achieve an issue?, incognito, 01-Jan-16 02:51 PM, #3
     Reply I get both easy and I suck at explore, laxman, 01-Jan-16 03:41 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Is the 10k being hard to achieve an issue?, Isildur, 01-Jan-16 05:04 PM, #6
          Reply My experience is the opposite, Elerosse, 01-Jan-16 06:39 PM, #7
Reply RE: playerbase stats question, if available, Umiron, 01-Jan-16 12:06 PM, #1
     Reply RE: playerbase stats question, if available, Isildur, 01-Jan-16 05:03 PM, #5

TMNSFri 01-Jan-16 07:07 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62107, "I cannot believe the grinding you ####ers like to do."
In response to Reply #0

Just play the game. Who cares about edges/observation/exploration. If you want to do it, do it. If you don't, don't. Your character won't suffer, regardless of what you think.

IsildurFri 01-Jan-16 07:40 PM
5969 posts
#62109, "RE: I cannot believe the grinding you ####ers like to d..."
In response to Reply #8

Settle down Beavis.

I'm just coming at this from a game-play perspective. If one of the goals is vastly tougher than the other, in practice, then that's probably contrary to the intent. It doesn't work as an incentive if it's viewed as unreachable.

With only my own experiences as context, I couldn't know whether one gave people more trouble than the other. So I asked.

It looks like people are split. Some find one harder and some the other. I guess I just don't look at enough stuff while I'm in the pre-PK levels.

MurphyFri 01-Jan-16 07:54 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62110, "I found the exploration one more difficult."
In response to Reply #9

Neither are very hard to do, though.

TacFri 01-Jan-16 08:14 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#62111, "Grinding is how we are supposed to play..."
In response to Reply #8

If we weren't it wouldn't have incentives like it does. If you look at edge point specifics it pretty clearly outlines that you are suppose to slowly solo-level while racking up solo pkills while also walking through areas and looking at stuff. If that isn't how we are supposed to play, than why reward those behaviors?

laxmanFri 01-Jan-16 11:50 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#62112, "I like things to do"
In response to Reply #8

I know I am in a sort of minority in the sense in am reasonably pk successful and think edges and skill percent don't matter much. I do the edge point challenge as simply that, a challenge to achieve, there are only so many things you can strive for, leader, pks, edges, titles, gear, and knowledge. I go after them for the challenge of getting them and all this talk of "needing" them to compete is just silly.

It is just like playing sports, in the lower levels basic skills or physical prowess give an advantage. But at the middle to upper tiers everyone has those so it becomes a question of knowing how to use them. If you want to do a lot of low level explore then do it, if you don't then don't. Over the span of a character 1-3 additional edges has a neglible impact. If you can't compete then you need to focus on learning how to deploy the tools in your arsenal more then getting a minor boost to them.

incognitoFri 01-Jan-16 12:45 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62098, "Is the 10k being hard to achieve an issue?"
In response to Reply #0

Not like you don't still get the 5k.

incognitoFri 01-Jan-16 02:51 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62099, "RE: Is the 10k being hard to achieve an issue?"
In response to Reply #2

Or are you wondering whether it is now nigh on impossible to get the 10k?

laxmanFri 01-Jan-16 03:41 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#62100, "I get both easy and I suck at explore"
In response to Reply #3

Just do it. Having invis helps for the explore.

IsildurFri 01-Jan-16 05:04 PM
5969 posts
#62103, "RE: Is the 10k being hard to achieve an issue?"
In response to Reply #3

I don't think the 10k observation is impossible, but it seems more difficult to me than the 5k exploration. Just wondering if that matched other peoples' experiences.

ElerosseFri 01-Jan-16 06:39 PM
Member since 01st Nov 2006
423 posts
#62105, "My experience is the opposite"
In response to Reply #6

I generally have the 10k observation before level 15. But to do this I get the points in low level areas as I pass through when I am doing low level quests and gear gathering. There are a number of places that offer 500-1,000ish observation exp that most of my characters pass through from level 1-10. I just take the 5-10 extra minutes per area to grab the exp.

UmironFri 01-Jan-16 12:06 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62097, "RE: playerbase stats question, if available"
In response to Reply #0

I don't have a way to answer that question, at least not without way more grep/awk/sql-fu than I care to bother with (and even then I'm not sure I could answer your exact question).

IsildurFri 01-Jan-16 05:03 PM
5969 posts
#62102, "RE: playerbase stats question, if available"
In response to Reply #1

Hmm. Well, I guess you could just spot-inspect characters in the 31-35 range and look at their exploration/observation, then try to generalize from that subset. But yeah, not exactly scientific.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #62095 Previous topic | Next topic