Subject: "Can we get help on flyto?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #62049
Show all folders

MurphySat 26-Dec-15 11:34 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62049, "Can we get help on flyto?"

Sometimes you just can't fly to people and the game fails to explain the reason. They're not a recent ghost and they didn't just log on.

The helpfile does not help.

I think we should know the exact rules for this, it's ridiculous that I can never guess whether I'll be able to fly to someone or not, because I don't know what factors are at play.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Can we get help on flyto?, Drehir, 27-Dec-15 02:13 AM, #1
     Reply I'm sorry, but there must be something else, Murphy, 27-Dec-15 03:09 AM, #2
          Reply RE: I'm sorry, but there must be something else, Destuvius, 27-Dec-15 05:40 AM, #3
               Reply But... "can't fly to them so soon" echo?, Murphy, 27-Dec-15 12:18 PM, #4
                    Reply are you using a final form?, laxman, 27-Dec-15 01:53 PM, #5
                         Reply I was using a manticore., Murphy, 27-Dec-15 10:16 PM, #6
                              Reply I didn't even know there was a quest form out there, laxman, 27-Dec-15 11:14 PM, #7
                                   Reply I'm not playing any air shifter right now, Murphy, 28-Dec-15 12:39 AM, #8
                                        Reply This is strict IMHO, Sertius, 28-Dec-15 11:09 PM, #9
                                             Reply Oh, must have been #3 for me then., Murphy, 29-Dec-15 01:38 AM, #10

DrehirSun 27-Dec-15 02:13 AM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
85 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62050, "RE: Can we get help on flyto?"
In response to Reply #0

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=47&topic_id=57&mesg_id=57&page=

There might be other things that were changed that I'm not aware of. But that is the last time I remember flyto being changed.

MurphySun 27-Dec-15 03:09 AM
1639 posts
#62051, "I'm sorry, but there must be something else"
In response to Reply #1

I know I could not fly to people mid login whereas I flew to them like 5 minutes prior. And they did not die in the meantime.

DestuviusSun 27-Dec-15 05:40 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62052, "RE: I'm sorry, but there must be something else"
In response to Reply #2

Certain rooms block it as well, if you weren't aware of that.

MurphySun 27-Dec-15 12:18 PM
1639 posts
#62053, "But... "can't fly to them so soon" echo?"
In response to Reply #3

nt

laxmanSun 27-Dec-15 01:53 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#62054, "are you using a final form?"
In response to Reply #4

some of the lower tier (or utility with fly) might not have unlimited flyto. Otherwise their either just unghosted or logged in. There is also some stuff that makes it hard for multiple air forms to fly at the same person.

MurphySun 27-Dec-15 10:16 PM
1639 posts
#62055, "I was using a manticore."
In response to Reply #5

nt

laxmanSun 27-Dec-15 11:14 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#62057, "I didn't even know there was a quest form out there"
In response to Reply #6

But yeah they have restricted fly to. That's not a true air form.

MurphyMon 28-Dec-15 12:37 AM
1639 posts
#62058, "I'm not playing any air shifter right now"
In response to Reply #7
Edited on Mon 28-Dec-15 12:39 AM

but I'd still like to know how it works because I fight air shifters.

Some of the current air shifters also told me they had trouble flying to people. "Can't fly to them so soon" and no idea why.

I immediately remembered having the same problem as manticore. No ghost, not just-logged-on - sometimes flyto would just stop working for no obvious reason. "You can't fly to them so soon." Othertimes it worked dozens of times in a row without fail. I sensed absolutely no pattern in this.

I even bugboarded it but got told it is by design - so can we please learn what IS the design? What are the exact restrictions on flyto? Just five minutes after them logging on / unghosting? Does dropping link and reconnecting count as "logging on"?

SertiusMon 28-Dec-15 11:09 PM
Member since 17th Nov 2008
360 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62067, "This is strict IMHO"
In response to Reply #8

1) When they were recently killed
2) When you or them is fresh on
3) When they fought other(s) recently (specifics uncertain and I think are form-dependant)
4) When the place they're in prevents flying, either by your form or the terrain.

MurphyTue 29-Dec-15 01:38 AM
1639 posts
#62068, "Oh, must have been #3 for me then."
In response to Reply #9

This is most helpful, thanks.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #62049 Previous topic | Next topic