Subject: "Third attack for thieves?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #62039
Show all folders

AbernyteSat 26-Dec-15 07:51 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
973 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62039, "Third attack for thieves?"

Making the majority of thieves (non-thug path) have only second attack puts them in the mage class of martial ability.

Please can we have third attack removed from the thug path and placed in the general path, still with a high rank like 35+ and maybe cost it the same as cheap shot?

Never noticed how feeble they are until trying one currently.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

The HereticFri 01-Jan-16 10:24 AM
212 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62094, "RE: Third attack for thieves?"
In response to Reply #0

I agree they have a hole in their offense if you build them with PK utility/defense only in mind. If you want more offense you have to go into the thug path at least a bit. Gouge might be better than you think to up their offense, and only cost 14 points.

What I'd like to see thieves have is a little bump in offense at the low ranks. They get second attack at 12 and dual wield + enhanced at 25. How about putting one of those skills at the mid-point to help them ranking up to 25? I'd go with dual wield at 18. I don't see a downside to this as thieves are harmless until 25.

I'm also curious about why some people so vocally despise Devious Versatility. I'd like to hear the rationale behind this stance.

UmironSat 26-Dec-15 10:10 AM
Member since 29th May 2017
1495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62046, "RE: Third attack for thieves?"
In response to Reply #0

I might consider this in a reality where Devious Versatility does not exist and where thief points are hard-capped at 100 with zero exceptions, but even then it'd be incredibly expensive.

Otherwise, not a chance, sorry.

MurphySat 26-Dec-15 11:59 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62047, "By all means, nuke DV."
In response to Reply #2

nt

LhydiaFri 01-Jan-16 12:06 PM
2385 posts
#62096, "They already did. n/t"
In response to Reply #3

>nt

IsildurSat 26-Dec-15 09:53 AM
5969 posts
#62041, "RE: Third attack for thieves?"
In response to Reply #0

IMO you should think of them more like necros, where success is contingent on knocking your target out and messing him up before attacking. Against certain opponents certain thugs can just walk up and trip a guy to death, but the circumstances are fairly limited. As they should be.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #62039 Previous topic | Next topic