Subject: "Leaders and alts" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #62016
Show all folders

DestuviusWed 23-Dec-15 03:55 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62016, "Leaders and alts"

Since this seems to be a hot topic on the other forum, I figured I'd weigh in here. If you are a leader, no one has ever made a hard rule that you cannot have other characters. When said other characters start to cause problems with your ability to be a good leader, that becomes problematic. Those are the kind of situations where you see people being dropped from leader.

To reference the Adira/Altrana situation, 25 hrs on Adira wasn't the problem as much as it was the 120+ hrs on the other char while the cabal was beginning to stagnate. Also, despite his best attempts to make it anything relating to who he is, the people who made the decision about Adira do not have the tools to know the player behind the character, nor were there any specifics mentioned beyond a ton of hours on alt chars.

I apologize in advance if I have any typos or anyother weirdness in this message because I'm sending it from my phone.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply The question is, mharlndarn, 24-Dec-15 03:56 PM, #3
Reply Guessing it depends, incognito, 24-Dec-15 05:47 PM, #4
Reply RE: The question is, Jormyr, 24-Dec-15 06:50 PM, #5
Reply I wish this applied to all cabals, Murphy, 24-Dec-15 11:21 PM, #7
Reply Granted NT, Kstatida, 25-Dec-15 02:42 AM, #8
     Reply Wow thank you Santa Boris., Murphy, 25-Dec-15 08:13 AM, #10
Reply I wish you guys banned alts for leaders outright, -flso, 25-Dec-15 08:08 AM, #9
Reply Seriously?, Zephon, 24-Dec-15 10:52 PM, #6
Reply Rolling Destuvius shaman and getting fast-tracked for l..., TMNS, 23-Dec-15 08:15 PM, #2
Reply This., Drehir, 23-Dec-15 04:13 PM, #1

mharlndarnThu 24-Dec-15 03:55 PM
Member since 23rd May 2011
195 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62021, "The question is"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Thu 24-Dec-15 03:56 PM

If I have the alt, that I play lets say 5% of my time and the rest I play my main - will it affect the my leadership? Should I delete my alt? Do you send warning to leader chars about their alts?

incognitoThu 24-Dec-15 05:47 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62022, "Guessing it depends"
In response to Reply #3

If your leader is playing lots it may not be an issue, but if you are struggling to find time to play and then you put some of your minimal time into another char, you probably don't deserve to lead.

JormyrThu 24-Dec-15 06:50 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
422 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62023, "RE: The question is"
In response to Reply #3

Really, I think Destuvius covered the overall jist of it.

If you are a leader, no one has ever made a hard rule that you cannot have other characters. When said other characters start to cause problems with your ability to be a good leader, that becomes problematic. Those are the kind of situations where you see people being dropped from leader.

It's sort of the situation where you can't really say XYZ will or won't cause it, but generally this is going to pop up when Immortals of a cabal start thinking/asking "Hey, where's Leaderguy been? I haven't seen him much." Immortals are going to look out for what's best for the cabal, and in the case of good characters who're putting in the effort, you're much more likely to remain. If a player's more interested in playing an alternate more than their leader, Immortals are much more likely to try out someone else who's willing to put in the effort.

In Adira/Altrana's case, you're talking about someone who's playing their alternate 4 time MORE than their leader, which really makes Adira the "alternate", and does anyone really want a leader to be an "alternate"?

MurphyThu 24-Dec-15 11:21 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62025, "I wish this applied to all cabals"
In response to Reply #5

and not just Outlander.

KstatidaFri 25-Dec-15 02:42 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62028, "Granted NT"
In response to Reply #7

NT

MurphyFri 25-Dec-15 08:13 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62030, "Wow thank you Santa Boris."
In response to Reply #8

nt

-flsoFri 25-Dec-15 08:08 AM
Member since 02nd Oct 2007
296 posts
#62029, "I wish you guys banned alts for leaders outright"
In response to Reply #5

this way these sort of situations wouldn't come up, less waste of time overall, less need for IMMs to monitor (and be accurate at) how often someone plays his leader vs his alts and so on. Given the potential for abuse, it just seems a lot simpler to me to ban leader alts.

If the person has alts before he becomes leader, then he can either drop them when he leaders or not be leadered. This could even be automated on the part of the player by setting a flag (so that IMMs don't have to OOC interact with him to determine what he wants to do).

ZephonThu 24-Dec-15 10:50 PM
Member since 21st Mar 2007
488 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62024, "Seriously?"
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Thu 24-Dec-15 10:52 PM

Do not worry. I really doubt you barely playing an alt will be the problem.

TMNSWed 23-Dec-15 08:15 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#62018, "Rolling Destuvius shaman and getting fast-tracked for l..."
In response to Reply #0

GO!!!!!!

DrehirWed 23-Dec-15 04:13 PM
Member since 19th Jul 2015
85 posts
#62017, "This."
In response to Reply #0

The decision for that character was made based on the low play times before I offered them a quest and other in character events that took place. I thought I was fairly clear with the player in our IC interaction as to what was required to become Nightreaver again. She just hadn't lived up with those requirements before con dying.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #62016 Previous topic | Next topic