Subject: "Favorite changes over the years" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #61620
Show all folders

CalionSun 15-Nov-15 02:37 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61620, "Favorite changes over the years"

I was just thinking about some of my favorite changes to CF over the years, so in no particular order:

- Warrior specs. I like how they and their combinations offer different playstyles and tactics.
- Warrior legacies. Very cool improvement to warriors giving them yet more versatility (though it's sooo frustrating when thinking of warrior builds there's always three I'd want, but can only pick two... such an eevil design =).
- Paladin dedications. All four options seem interesting and offer differences in gameplay.
- Shaman paths. It's great that shamans also got more variety and can now have surprising tricks up their sleeve.
- Empowerment raised to level 20. Gives more time to fashion out the character through lowbie PK range.
- Ranger expertise and terrain. Again, diverse ranger builds made them much more interesting.
- Thief guilds. Ditto for thieves.
- Edges. A wonderful idea to allow customization for all classes/races (though the system suffers from problematic implementation).
- Separate dual wield command. Old wield code was a mess!
- Shortened command objects. Love it that I don't have to type whole ixixahcatclt or whatever (though it's inevitable that I always end up targeting the wrong thing in a room sooner or later because of this!). It would be amazing if you could shorten other objects besides NPC/PCs too.
- Battle cabal. Okay so this isn't really a change, as I think they've been around since the very early days. But I like the idea of it, the concept is solid and it's nice that all alignments can join. Though I would tweak deathblow. =)

I notice there being a common theme to most of what I listed above, i.e. character customization, but I think that's a very important part of the game, as it adds a lot of replay value.

And of course all of the above have some things that need adjusting or balancing, but that will happen over time as the game keeps evolving. Oh and there's also been loads of other great stuff such as many cool area revamps.

Also outside of mechanics changes nowadays the imms are doing great job of e.g. granting last names or even custom titles without doing anything special. These little pats on the back are very nice and inspire to play more. So kudos for that!

Anyone else want to share their fave changes?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DoofMon 16-Nov-15 05:57 AM
Member since 03rd Dec 2009
200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61630, "The class customizations are real winners"
In response to Reply #0

That's why I really don't play assassins, healers, etc - because other than RP and edges, your new assassin is just like your old assassin.

KstatidaMon 16-Nov-15 07:27 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61631, "Actually"
In response to Reply #2

assassin is one of those classes which can be greatly customized by edges. So if you play an assassin to hero and pay some attention to edge points, through the mutually exclusive master/adept edges you may get like four/five different types of assassins with different playstyles.

The difference is not that deep as with thief paths, of course, but still.

KstatidaMon 16-Nov-15 04:49 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61629, "RE: Favorite changes over the years"
In response to Reply #0

"- Shortened command objects. Love it that I don't have to type whole ixixahcatclt or whatever"

Huh? Actually you have to. Mob names can be shortened, object can't. Or did I miss something?

CalionMon 16-Nov-15 11:36 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61641, "Yes, I guess that was a bit unclear (later mentioned N/..."
In response to Reply #1

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #61620 Previous topic | Next topic