Subject: "I've got something to say" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #61604
Show all folders

DoofSat 14-Nov-15 09:33 AM
Member since 03rd Dec 2009
200 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61604, "I've got something to say"

The posts below and the seemingly incessant stream of complaining has really gotten to me lately. I'm a long-time player, on and off since the early 90s. Maybe it's because I'm older now, and jaded, and have issues with swamp-balls if I'm not careful, but I think some of the playerbase needs to take a step back and breathe.

Have Imms cheated in the past? Yes, of course. It's happened on almost every MUD out there. Are Imms cheating now? Maybe, maybe not. Complaining about past events accomplishes nothing. It seems that there's a good crew sailing the ship right now and I've seen nothing but positive changes over the last few months.

The game gets stale from time to time. It's a danger of playing for years. The changes that are being made, though, have kept the game fresh for me most of the year. Small, incremental, positive changes will keep CF alive for many more years.

The only danger CF faces is really from the playerbase. If I were an Imm, hearing the same old tired #### that happened years ago rehashed over and over again would sour me quickly. I, personally, don't have the patience for it. When the good Imms quit because of the ####, the changes stop coming. The game will grow stale and stay that way. Then, it will die.

Do players get rewards that may be OP? Sure! Consider it part of the game. Do Imms occasionally roll a character and use previously gained knowledge to be a powerhouse? Sure! If you stop to consider these characters part of the landscape instead of obstacles to your own personal success (wah, he got more PKs than me), you'll be happier. You may not be able to take them down, but what do real people do in this case? Form a posse and get it done and stop complaining.

If you immerse yourself in your character, you'll realize there will ALWAYS be other beings in the world more powerful than you. Stop imagining the person on the other keyboard. It will ruin you, and in the long term, the game itself.

Sorry for the rant. I'm tired, hung over, and slightly constipated.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

OnewingedangelSun 15-Nov-15 09:43 PM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
447 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61622, "RE: I've got something to say"
In response to Reply #0

Too many people forgetc what this game is really about. What RP is honestly about. Getting into your character. Making decisions they would make, and not making decisions based solely on mechanical knowledge.

-flsoSun 15-Nov-15 11:24 AM
Member since 02nd Oct 2007
296 posts
#61619, "The vast majority of ppl who play the game doesn't care"
In response to Reply #0

about any of this, as long as the game is still entertaining to them.

Given OSINT I managed to collect, I think Nep cheated his heart out.

Could I be wrong? Certainly.

Is there going to be trolling and whining based on it or other more recent perceived grievances? Certainly, it comes with the territory. I think the IMMs are realistic enough not to take any of it
the wrong way, or even better, keep the signal if there's any and throw away the noise.

Do I think CF is the best game I've *ever* played? #### yes, CF is the _only_ game that I'm even willing to play these days. Nothing else comes close, we're not just talking 9/10 vs 1/10, any other game that I've tried isn't even in the same ####ing universe, immersion-wise.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #61604 Previous topic | Next topic