Subject: "Minor Item Search Expansion" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #61495
Show all folders

UmironThu 12-Nov-15 09:39 AM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61495, "Minor Item Search Expansion"
Edited on Thu 12-Nov-15 09:41 AM

The level range of equipment displayed on the website's item search has been expanded from 30 to 51. It is still limited to non-limited weapons, clothing/armor, and instruments.

This brought the total number of indexed items up from 2,512 to 2,963.

I briefly skimmed the list for oddities, but if you do happen to notice something that obviously shouldn't be listed there, please tell us.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Minor Item Search Expansion, Isildur, 13-Nov-15 01:59 PM, #11
Reply RE: Minor Item Search Expansion, Umiron, 13-Nov-15 03:00 PM, #12
     Reply You are awesome., Tac, 13-Nov-15 04:44 PM, #13
     Reply RE: You are awesome., Isildur, 13-Nov-15 07:14 PM, #14
          Reply Because of your 3 Imms... Of course..., Tac, 13-Nov-15 07:25 PM, #15
          Reply I'm telling Twist about this. He will not be happy. N..., TMNS, 13-Nov-15 11:22 PM, #16
               Reply RE: I'm telling Twist about this. He will not be happy..., Isildur, 14-Nov-15 05:58 PM, #18
     Reply Thanks!, Rodriguez, 14-Nov-15 01:14 PM, #17
Reply Just checking, is this correct?, Torak, 12-Nov-15 02:08 PM, #7
Reply RE: Just checking, is this correct?, Destuvius, 12-Nov-15 02:09 PM, #8
Reply RE: Just checking, is this correct?, Umiron, 12-Nov-15 02:23 PM, #9
Reply I love you., Tac, 12-Nov-15 10:57 AM, #2
Reply RE: I love you., Umiron, 12-Nov-15 11:42 AM, #3
     Reply Potions? Pills? Scrolls? Staves?, Tac, 12-Nov-15 12:09 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Potions? Pills? Scrolls? Staves?, Umiron, 12-Nov-15 12:14 PM, #5
               Reply Hey if you can pull one nugget out of it, it is complet..., TJHuron, 12-Nov-15 01:55 PM, #6
                    Reply RE: Hey if you can pull one nugget out of it, it is com..., Rodriguez, 13-Nov-15 09:57 AM, #10
Reply RE: Minor Item Search Expansion, Kstatida, 12-Nov-15 10:28 AM, #1

IsildurFri 13-Nov-15 01:59 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61547, "RE: Minor Item Search Expansion"
In response to Reply #0

First off: I'm grateful for the item search and for the filtering improvements you've already made.

That said, would you consider adding an alignment filter? Doesn't have to be complicated. Just something that would allow a searcher to exclude items that are unusable by his character's alignment.

UmironFri 13-Nov-15 03:00 PM
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61551, "RE: Minor Item Search Expansion"
In response to Reply #11

No promises I managed to get it right on the first try, but there is an alignment dropdown now. Alternatively, you can search using the proper combination of flags.

TacFri 13-Nov-15 04:44 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61553, "You are awesome."
In response to Reply #12

Seriously, this kind of quick response to a request made and given is exactly why I'm on team Umi. (Fcuk that Jacob? guy... I don't know who the other team is.)

IsildurFri 13-Nov-15 07:14 PM
5969 posts
#61556, "RE: You are awesome."
In response to Reply #13

I pay him in beer.

TacFri 13-Nov-15 07:25 PM
2050 posts
#61558, "Because of your 3 Imms... Of course..."
In response to Reply #14

I should have known. Well buy him 1 for me. Check's in the mail...

TMNSFri 13-Nov-15 11:22 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#61575, "I'm telling Twist about this. He will not be happy. N..."
In response to Reply #14

All you gave him when you two were perma'ing was a lousy t-shirt.

IsildurSat 14-Nov-15 05:58 PM
5969 posts
#61612, "RE: I'm telling Twist about this. He will not be happy..."
In response to Reply #16

I have a strong suspicion I've been dying more to him lately than grouping with him.

RodriguezSat 14-Nov-15 01:14 PM
Member since 30th Jan 2005
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#61611, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #12

Is there a way to exclude flags?
Like "-magic" for someone playing a Villager?

TorakThu 12-Nov-15 02:08 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61515, "Just checking, is this correct?"
In response to Reply #0

Ysigrath seems to have a whole lot of items missing.... and I've never noticed them to be limited (for example, the bracelet). I think the flails might actually be limited but can't remember the last time I ever saw them not there.

Are the limits on these just so high that it never kicks in?

DestuviusThu 12-Nov-15 02:09 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#61516, "RE: Just checking, is this correct?"
In response to Reply #7

There are a few other variables tied into what does and does not show up on the list beyond JUST being limited. That is one of the biggest ones though

UmironThu 12-Nov-15 02:23 PM
1497 posts
#61517, "RE: Just checking, is this correct?"
In response to Reply #7

Certain criteria beyond what I've described need to be met in order for an item to be displayed. That criteria is not based on game balance or secrecy or anything like that, but rather some technical, under-the-hood limitations of the code that can't be overcome without more manual labor than I'm willing to invest in the item search.

At some point I'll probably add a feature addresses this shortcoming but it's a really low priority.

TacThu 12-Nov-15 10:57 AM
2050 posts
#61499, "I love you."
In response to Reply #0

I'd love you more if it did limited items, purchased items (potions etc. included), but I'll continue to take what you are giving, as it is teh awesome.

UmironThu 12-Nov-15 11:42 AM
1497 posts
#61500, "RE: I love you."
In response to Reply #2

Any equipment available in shops should appear in the item search as long as it qualifies (non-limited, etc.).

Limited stuff will probably never appear on the item search. CF has always been a gave that leaves certain things to be discovered by players and that can't be "crammed" via a guide. I"m happy with the compromise we've made.

TacThu 12-Nov-15 12:09 PM
2050 posts
#61502, "Potions? Pills? Scrolls? Staves?"
In response to Reply #3

I don't see any of those, even for stuff sold in shops.

On an unrelated note... lots and lots of non-limited junk above level 35 and not much worthwhile. On purpose? Everyone should be using limited stuff beyond 35?

UmironThu 12-Nov-15 12:14 PM
1497 posts
#61503, "RE: Potions? Pills? Scrolls? Staves?"
In response to Reply #4

At this point we're not interested in anything beyond armor, clothing, weapons, and instruments.

As for the newly added 31-51 non-limited equipment in particular, what you see is what you get. Area authors don't necessarily craft each item with the intention of it being attractive to players. What is included is based on a general formula and not hand-picked by me or anyone else and therefore the item search isn't really meant to be approached with the assumption that we think every item indexed is going to be highly sought after.

TJHuronThu 12-Nov-15 01:55 PM
Member since 28th Nov 2007
1132 posts
#61513, "Hey if you can pull one nugget out of it, it is complet..."
In response to Reply #5

Thanks for doing this. Stuff like this is a great boon for the game because it helps people get a set going that they can acquire on their own. Plus for those people building their own database they can now focus more on just limited items.

RodriguezFri 13-Nov-15 09:57 AM
Member since 30th Jan 2005
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#61536, "RE: Hey if you can pull one nugget out of it, it is com..."
In response to Reply #6

Yea, thanks a lot for this!

KstatidaThu 12-Nov-15 10:28 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61496, "RE: Minor Item Search Expansion"
In response to Reply #0

We do need to start change.org petition to introduce limited items into the search, slowly reducing the minimum.

Knowing whereabouts of some powerful item would make some mainly PK-oriented people (like me) to explore a bit more for sure.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #61495 Previous topic | Next topic