Subject: "Edge points - discussion about sad spam killers." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #61390
Show all folders

mharlndarnSun 08-Nov-15 06:17 AM
Member since 23rd May 2011
195 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61390, "Edge points - discussion about sad spam killers."

I don't know if somebody brought this up already, but anyway:

We have edges that require 20+ pk kills ( I don't know actual numbers, sorry.) We have peoples like Olachemet - who spam kill newbies to get those edges.

Can you add Imm-requriment for those edges and make it public? So peoples like Olachemet will have no point to spam kill somebody for edges? (Sure, they will find another reason to do it, but atleast they will gain nothing from that).

Can you change the code and don't count their kills for edge poins - if that the spam kill of a poor person?

PS: Suddenly, after all those years, I support Dwoggurd in 'lets don't reveal pk stats in pbf.)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Counterpoint, incognito, 08-Nov-15 06:31 AM, #1
     Reply Yes, like ap charges, I thought it was clear from my po..., mharlndarn, 08-Nov-15 06:36 AM, #2
          Reply Eh, Destuvius, 08-Nov-15 06:43 AM, #3
               Reply Ok, ok, but atleast add something like ap system to pk ..., mharlndarn, 08-Nov-15 06:49 AM, #4
               Reply I'll agree with you on the imm exp side, incognito, 08-Nov-15 07:00 AM, #5
                    Reply I've actually been doing that lately when I see it nt, Destuvius, 08-Nov-15 07:10 AM, #6

incognitoSun 08-Nov-15 06:31 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61391, "Counterpoint"
In response to Reply #0

An alternative approach is to make it like ap charges. A newb isn't worth much. Killing the same guy twice in a row is worth nothing. Killing him too quickly in succession is worth nothing.

So nothing to gain by spam killing. Or at least, a much improved situation.

I like having the pk stats on the pbf because it enables you to see whether someone multikilled newbs, or had buddies helping them get their charges/critical edges before they went solo as a powerhouse etc.

mharlndarnSun 08-Nov-15 06:36 AM
195 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61392, "Yes, like ap charges, I thought it was clear from my po..."
In response to Reply #1

AND having imm require for those edges will be much better

Some peoples will think twice before doing something ####ty

DestuviusSun 08-Nov-15 06:43 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61393, "Eh"
In response to Reply #2

If there is one thing that some of our players have proven is that they have no issues doing something lame, even if there is no real reason for it (whether its pks towards edges or whatever).

Adding another "I need to suck up to imms to get an edge I want" complaint onto the list isn't exactly something I would consider a good idea. Its bad enough how often people ask for DV to be changed so that it doesn't require imm xp.

mharlndarnSun 08-Nov-15 06:49 AM
195 posts
#61394, "Ok, ok, but atleast add something like ap system to pk ..."
In response to Reply #3

n/t

incognitoSun 08-Nov-15 06:58 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61395, "I'll agree with you on the imm exp side"
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Sun 08-Nov-15 07:00 AM

Imm exp is not the most egalitarian of things, and I'd rather see it left out of the equation if possible.

I also agree that some people will continue to grief, as some people were motivated by the desire to grief and not to gain edges.

Personally I'd be in favour of pulling both parties in if there appears to be a spam killing incident. If the victim was trying to die, tell them to cut it out. If the perpetrator was at fault, tell them to cut it out and advise them that if they take it outside the game the evidence supporting their multikilling will also be released outside of the game. If a multikiller leaves in disgust it isn't a net loss for the game.

DestuviusSun 08-Nov-15 07:10 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61396, "I've actually been doing that lately when I see it nt"
In response to Reply #5

nt

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #61390 Previous topic | Next topic