Subject: "Scaly Hide vs Thick Hide and Carapace" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #61275
Show all folders

Shifter (Anonymous)Sun 01-Nov-15 08:46 PM
Charter member
#61275, "Scaly Hide vs Thick Hide and Carapace"

To me, this is the real problem with the regenerative forms that every one complains about. I can live with the fact that their damage reduction was neutralized to compensate for the fact that they have regen. It was obvious to me and everyone else that these were the best forms because of those two in combination. I don't suggest that you change that back, just that you make a scaly hide have more of an impact.

As it stands now, any form with a scaly hide only deflects input attacks. Whereas forms with thick hides or a carapace have that ability plus deflecting automatic melee attacks. If scaly hide were brought up even a little bit, I think this would alleviate a lot of the complaints that these forms receive now. While still being on par with the rest of the options.

I know your time is precious and given up willingly and I thank you for all that you do for all of us plebs.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Scaly Hide vs Thick Hide and Carapace, Bemused, 01-Nov-15 09:29 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Scaly Hide vs Thick Hide and Carapace, Shifter (Anonymous), 03-Nov-15 03:47 PM, #2
          Reply Agreed., Halloweeny (Anonymous), 03-Nov-15 04:05 PM, #3
          Reply I completely agree, Bemused, 03-Nov-15 04:34 PM, #4
               Reply Having said that.., Bemused, 03-Nov-15 05:28 PM, #5
                    Reply I think catoblepas is the scariest non quest form out t..., laxman, 03-Nov-15 06:20 PM, #6
                         Reply Gaze, Bemused, 03-Nov-15 06:26 PM, #7
                              Reply 2 ticks is short duration?, laxman, 03-Nov-15 07:34 PM, #8
                                   Reply It never lasted that long for me, Bemused, 03-Nov-15 07:36 PM, #9
                                        Reply 2 rounds in pk then I died horribly and never tried aga..., Lhydia, 03-Nov-15 07:40 PM, #10
                                             Reply RE: 2 rounds in pk then I died horribly and never tried..., Bemused, 03-Nov-15 07:49 PM, #11
                                                  Reply So I could be mistaken, incognito, 04-Nov-15 01:33 AM, #12

BemusedSun 01-Nov-15 09:29 PM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
665 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61276, "RE: Scaly Hide vs Thick Hide and Carapace"
In response to Reply #0

Just change your playstyle to fit the form you get. There is no issue with Croc/Komodo. We're happy with where they are at.

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=59403&mesg_id=61172&page=

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=58819&mesg_id=58824&page=

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=58819&mesg_id=58822&page=

Shifter (Anonymous)Tue 03-Nov-15 03:47 PM
Charter member
#61291, "RE: Scaly Hide vs Thick Hide and Carapace"
In response to Reply #1

That's fair and I probably shouldn't have even brought up komodo and croc, when really I mean catoblepas. I just mentioned those because it suffers from the same problems, but magnified. It's just strange that the same person can come up with otyugh and catoblepas. And again where otyugh excels over the actual defensive form is that it has thick hide and not scaly.

Halloweeny (Anonymous)Tue 03-Nov-15 04:05 PM
Charter member
#61292, "Agreed."
In response to Reply #2

Catoblepas is horrible and can't actually be used as a defensive form. I have to stick to my 2nd tier. Only thing I use it for is regen while slowed and sleeping.

BemusedTue 03-Nov-15 04:34 PM
665 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61293, "I completely agree"
In response to Reply #2

Otyugh is ridiculously insane and Catoblepas is quite literally the worst T1 form I have ever seen. In fact, catoblepas was worse than ANY T2 defensive form. But the point is that no amount of bitching will fix it. The immortals are happy with where things are at. Just delete.

PS I bet you were really happy when you first saw that you got the catoblepas

BemusedTue 03-Nov-15 05:28 PM
665 posts
#61294, "Having said that.."
In response to Reply #4

.. and putting aside the petulant child act regarding perceived form imbalance that I tend to devolve into..

October was very enjoyable due to these Halloween forms. I am very appreciative of the efforts by the immortals involved (including the description generator). So tip of the hat!

laxmanTue 03-Nov-15 06:20 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#61295, "I think catoblepas is the scariest non quest form out t..."
In response to Reply #5

long duration hold person scares the pants off of me. Though yeah not that useful against mobs.

BemusedTue 03-Nov-15 06:26 PM
665 posts
#61296, "Gaze"
In response to Reply #6

Anecdotally 'gaze' appears to be a self lagging skill (3 rounds). Its success rate is extremely low and its duration when successful is not very long. Considering a catoblepas can get three rounded by an enemy, I don't find this as scary as you

laxmanTue 03-Nov-15 07:34 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#61298, "2 ticks is short duration?"
In response to Reply #7

Maybe you should try out forms a bit more before passing judgement?

BemusedTue 03-Nov-15 07:36 PM
665 posts
#61299, "It never lasted that long for me"
In response to Reply #8

More like 6 rounds.

LhydiaTue 03-Nov-15 07:40 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#61300, "2 rounds in pk then I died horribly and never tried aga..."
In response to Reply #9

gr

BemusedTue 03-Nov-15 07:49 PM
665 posts
#61301, "RE: 2 rounds in pk then I died horribly and never tried..."
In response to Reply #10

It would make more sense for the Otyugh to be swapped to the defensive focus and the Catoblepas to be put into Utility. The Catoblepas is not defensive at all.

One of the main issues I have is non-defensive forms being classified under the defensive focus. A T1 defensive form should be able to tank.

incognitoWed 04-Nov-15 01:33 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61303, "So I could be mistaken"
In response to Reply #11

But I felt like Cato gaze was firing when I attacked it. If so that's quite a useful defense, if it works.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #61275 Previous topic | Next topic