Subject: "Sick and tired of playing against mud clients" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #61052
Show all folders

laxmanTue 20-Oct-15 04:24 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#61052, "Sick and tired of playing against mud clients"

Over half of my fights anymore seem to be against people using triggers for combat openers (often sleep and it's not only shapa). I know it's not against the rules anymore but god damn I want to play against player skill not computer reaction time.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Sick and tired of playing against mud clients, Isildur, 21-Oct-15 05:16 PM, #23
Reply I totally agree, Bemused, 21-Oct-15 08:31 PM, #28
Reply This might work..., Elerosse, 21-Oct-15 08:48 PM, #29
Reply RE: This might work..., Isildur, 21-Oct-15 11:13 PM, #34
     Reply RE: This might work..., Elerosse, 21-Oct-15 11:56 PM, #36
          Reply Ppl you don't get it, Kstatida, 22-Oct-15 06:17 AM, #39
               Reply RE: Ppl you don't get it, Isildur, 22-Oct-15 07:41 AM, #40
                    Reply Ok correction, Kstatida, 22-Oct-15 08:55 AM, #41
                         Reply RE: Ok correction, Isildur, 22-Oct-15 10:24 AM, #42
                              Reply Because command is input earlier, Kstatida, 22-Oct-15 11:17 AM, #43
Reply This would change a fairly large dynamic of the game, Torak, 21-Oct-15 08:59 PM, #30
     Reply But would they do their jobs? n/t, Lhydia, 21-Oct-15 09:02 PM, #31
     Reply RE: This would change a fairly large dynamic of the gam..., Isildur, 21-Oct-15 11:16 PM, #35
Reply i hate triggers, especially disarm and sleep ones, Dallevian, 21-Oct-15 03:57 PM, #19
Reply My advice, incognito, 20-Oct-15 11:09 PM, #9
Reply RE: My advice, Isildur, 20-Oct-15 11:17 PM, #10
Reply You could be me and die twice recently because you can'..., TMNS, 20-Oct-15 07:13 PM, #6
Reply RE: Sick and tired of playing against mud clients, Umiron, 20-Oct-15 04:35 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Sick and tired of playing against mud clients, laxman, 20-Oct-15 04:46 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Sick and tired of playing against mud clients, Umiron, 20-Oct-15 04:59 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Sick and tired of playing against mud clients, Isildur, 20-Oct-15 05:43 PM, #4
          Reply Agreed..., Tac, 20-Oct-15 06:59 PM, #5
               Reply When I read that, Artificial, 20-Oct-15 10:56 PM, #7
               Reply RE: Agreed..., incognito, 21-Oct-15 03:48 AM, #12
          Reply Shaapa effectively announced it, incognito, 20-Oct-15 11:04 PM, #8
          Reply RE: Shaapa effectively announced it, Umiron, 21-Oct-15 07:13 AM, #14
               Reply I'm not suggesting post death punishment, incognito, 21-Oct-15 07:24 AM, #16
                    Reply RE: I'm not suggesting post death punishment, Umiron, 21-Oct-15 07:46 AM, #17
                         Reply Give us an official announcement, Artificial, 21-Oct-15 04:20 PM, #20
                              Reply Seconded. (n/t), N b M, 21-Oct-15 04:27 PM, #21
                              Reply Help 2312?, Tac, 21-Oct-15 04:36 PM, #22
                                   Reply RE: Help 2312?, N b M, 21-Oct-15 05:23 PM, #24
                                        Reply The line is whether you are in control at all times., Murphy, 21-Oct-15 06:42 PM, #26
                                             Reply RE: The line is whether you are in control at all times..., N b M, 21-Oct-15 06:49 PM, #27
                                                  Reply That might be f'ing stupid, Kstatida, 22-Oct-15 05:56 AM, #38
          Reply Some checks you could do, incognito, 21-Oct-15 01:48 AM, #11
               Reply Btw you misunderstand shapa's spam trigger mechanics, Kstatida, 21-Oct-15 04:23 AM, #13
                    Reply RE: Btw you misunderstand shapa's spam trigger mechanic..., Isildur, 21-Oct-15 07:19 AM, #15
                         Reply Amateur hour here, -flso, 21-Oct-15 09:34 PM, #32
                              Reply RE: Amateur hour here, Isildur, 21-Oct-15 11:12 PM, #33
     Reply You gave slight misinformation here., Aereglen, 21-Oct-15 03:37 PM, #18
          Reply A late edit., Aereglen, 21-Oct-15 05:55 PM, #25
          Reply RE: You gave slight misinformation here., Kstatida, 22-Oct-15 05:53 AM, #37
               Reply You are absolutely no help. nt, Aereglen, 22-Oct-15 02:19 PM, #44
                    Reply I generally don't intend to be :)~, Kstatida, 23-Oct-15 04:52 AM, #45

IsildurWed 21-Oct-15 05:16 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61084, "RE: Sick and tired of playing against mud clients"
In response to Reply #0

This is probably a terrible idea, but it would effectively nerf the things people are complaining about:

Attach a small amount extra lag to commands when either:

1. They're used and the target isn't in the room, or

2. They're used and the target is in the room but the target entered the room "last". (*)

(*) Make an exception when the target entered the room because he was summoned or dropped by a nightgaunt.

The lag is front-loaded, i.e. before the command goes through.

This means if you stand in a room spamming "c sleep" then the target has a decent chance to walk right in and get first-strike on you.

It also means if you have a trigger set to fire on "so-and-so has arrived" then that person can get the jump on you too.

BemusedWed 21-Oct-15 08:31 PM
Member since 15th Oct 2013
665 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61089, "I totally agree"
In response to Reply #23

That is a terrible idea.

ElerosseWed 21-Oct-15 08:48 PM
Member since 01st Nov 2006
423 posts
#61090, "This might work..."
In response to Reply #23

>2. They're used and the target is in the room but the target
>entered the room "last". (*)
>

I would look at this is an initiative role from D&D but one that always favors the person entering the room. I would limit the lag to combat starting type skills that are not inherently ambushes in nature (backstab, ambush, waylay, assassinate, etc all those could be done with no lag) and I would have no lag if the character trusts you. Lag would be a little longer then the movement lag for entering as you suggested.

To make it more robust and not completely eliminate the use of the ambush like tactics, a new skill "prepare" could be implemented. This skill could remove the initiate lag on a skill as long as you are not moving. Syntax would be something like prepare "skill" "target". Then when this target arrives you could enter that skill against that target with no lag. It would not automatically fire (like waylay) so you could still use a trigger to have it fire if you wanted to just spam it. I'd give prepare a small amount of lag so you wouldn't want to just build it into a complex trigger.

This way you could still do something like sit outside an area and lay in wait for a target if you want to but you'd need to be more mindful about it. And wouldn't just attack everything that randomly enters the room.

Disarm type triggers and triggers that fire when you are chasing someone would still be useful so it wouldn't fix everything.

I'm sure there are lots of problems that I am not considering but I think it might work on the worse triggers.

IsildurWed 21-Oct-15 11:13 PM
5969 posts
#61095, "RE: This might work..."
In response to Reply #29

The prepare command would open the door again for "effective" arrival triggers.

ElerosseWed 21-Oct-15 11:56 PM
Member since 01st Nov 2006
423 posts
#61097, "RE: This might work..."
In response to Reply #34

Yes and no, the no movement aspect would make it impossible to have always active arrival triggers that auto initiate combat when someone enters the room. Second, the lag on prepare would make it so you couldn't build a trigger to set the prepare command all the time and it might make it less desirable to setup in the first place as you would be exposed for at least some brief lag period. So yes, you could still stand one place and use a trigger along with the prepare command to initiate on a single opponent. But that doesn't seem much different then sitting still and spamming a single no lag skill like sleep with a single target in mind so maybe that is ok?

KstatidaThu 22-Oct-15 06:17 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61100, "Ppl you don't get it"
In response to Reply #36

Arrival triggers don't let you win against "e;bash" because of latency. How come you complain about things you can't even identify well? Or perhaps that exactly is the reason

IsildurThu 22-Oct-15 07:41 AM
5969 posts
#61101, "RE: Ppl you don't get it"
In response to Reply #39

> Arrival triggers don't let you win against "e;bash" because of latency.

I just ran a test and they do. At least, with normal walking lag in a city and approximately equal latency on each character's connection to the game.

KstatidaThu 22-Oct-15 08:55 AM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61102, "Ok correction"
In response to Reply #40

They are highly latency-dependent and are on a different level of reliability than shapa's spamtrigger.

IsildurThu 22-Oct-15 10:24 AM
5969 posts
#61103, "RE: Ok correction"
In response to Reply #41

I don't see why his trigger wouldn't also be negatively affected by high latency.

KstatidaThu 22-Oct-15 11:17 AM
2214 posts
#61104, "Because command is input earlier"
In response to Reply #42

And your latency should be 2 pulse worse than the target's in order to miss, which is not the case nowadays, when Martie's finally got his self-lacing shoes.

TorakWed 21-Oct-15 08:59 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61091, "This would change a fairly large dynamic of the game"
In response to Reply #23

Not sure if thats a good or a bad thing, but the idea of being a necro and spamming for that villager coming right for you makes you less likely to survive. Certain things like Templars "last stand" champion thingy would be kinda nerfed or even just cabal defense.

The implications of this change would be fairly huge.

LhydiaWed 21-Oct-15 09:02 PM
2390 posts
#61092, "But would they do their jobs? n/t"
In response to Reply #30

gr

IsildurWed 21-Oct-15 11:16 PM
5969 posts
#61096, "RE: This would change a fairly large dynamic of the gam..."
In response to Reply #30

Could add the stipulation that if you're in combat there's no lag. So the guy in champion's stand won't be gimped once combat starts.

Could also exempt the "murder" command from the additional lag so you at least have one option if you're standing there trying not to get cleaved (or whatever).

Note: I'm not actually arguing for this change. Just threw it out there as a way of nerfing both arrival triggers and the "stand in one place spamming a command and let your enemy come to you" tactic.

DallevianWed 21-Oct-15 03:57 PM
1639 posts
#61080, "i hate triggers, especially disarm and sleep ones"
In response to Reply #0

disarm triggers make a ranger's ambush disarm worthless for the most part

sleep triggers will always win because there isn't any sort of lag on the attempt. even if there was, it'd still be near impossible to beat someone that has an arrival trigger due to movement delay in most places

then on top of it you've got a-holes like Shaapa who use dash triggers

so, laxman, i totally agree with you. i only use my client for highlights and aliases, and even then they're few, just simple things like 'bt' = bash target or cc = camp

incognitoTue 20-Oct-15 11:09 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61062, "My advice"
In response to Reply #0

Play sneaking races or play with a ragged cloak (not as good).

It helps a lot.

Also, I probably appear to react super fast but am usually setting aliases on the fly so I can type either asd, qwe, as or qq to execute whatever command I want. But because I write them on the fly I -do- sometimes get the name wrong. I had a fight not long ago where I just couldn't engage the dude and I had no idea why, but I'd set my alias to zyztyrr not zsztyrr. Also sometimes I type "sad" instead of asd, and sniff sadly at an inappropriate moment.

If you have ever had an assassin sniff sadly as he steps out of the shadows, etc, it's probably me mistyping my alias.

IsildurTue 20-Oct-15 11:17 PM
5969 posts
#61063, "RE: My advice"
In response to Reply #9

Ragged cloak can actually be better if your opponent doesn't know you're wearing it.

TMNSTue 20-Oct-15 07:13 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#61058, "You could be me and die twice recently because you can'..."
In response to Reply #0

On one hand, because I use telnet or the client on the website most of the time, playing in any set-up is easy and requires no heartbreak at the "loss of client".

On the other hand, I often feel like I'm playing a different game when I see shaapa's triggers and some of the sophisticated targetting aliases people use.

I wonder how many kills I lost because I typed bahs Ahtieli or deaths I took because I did c 'wrod'.

One day I will set up aliases and macros so I don't die to stupid ass #### like that, but today is not that day.

UmironTue 20-Oct-15 04:35 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61053, "RE: Sick and tired of playing against mud clients"
In response to Reply #0

Huh. A few thoughts:

- The rules regarding triggers and botting haven't changed in as long as I can remember as both an Immortal and a player.

- Using triggers doesn't have to be against the rules.

- As a general statement of fact, there is not much (if any) difference between using a trigger and plain old spamming in cases where the attacker is quick and alert.

- If you're confident someone is using triggers against you, PRAY. Besides Pro, who is typically wrong, hardly anyone ever does.

- If I catch someone using triggers in PK and I can trip them up using my fancy Immortal commands, I will happily slay them.

- Understand that it's hard to catch people abusing triggers, and almost impossible via logs alone.

- Triggers can be an advantage even when the opponent knows they are being used, but knowing they are being used can also significantly reduce their effectiveness if the would be victim actually bothers to change their behavior and adjust their tactics.

- Triggers can be used against people. Be clever.

- Within reason, you are allowed to take advantage of your MUD client too.

laxmanTue 20-Oct-15 04:46 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#61054, "RE: Sick and tired of playing against mud clients"
In response to Reply #1

There is a big difference between spamming and triggers.
1.) you can overspam and end up lagging yourself out
2.) someone can sneak up on a spammer and use it to lag them out.
3.) some skills being spammed force you out of hide/camo
4.) sleep doesn't matter much if you are alert you got all the time in the world after it lands.
5.) for folks using area attacks (vokers and bards but mostly bards with fiend and sleep) you simply can't spam but a trigger clears that up.

I do y know what you mean by change behavior if they use entry/is here f
Triggers. Initiative turns fights, especially where a key opener is a big factor, I can't out think/position automation.

I will pray in the future but I assumed it was "legal" since shapa openly used them for hundreds of hours.

Thanks for responding and looking over the game.

UmironTue 20-Oct-15 04:59 PM
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61055, "RE: Sick and tired of playing against mud clients"
In response to Reply #2

>I will pray in the future but I assumed it was "legal" since
>shapa openly used them for hundreds of hours.
>

I don't know what to tell you. It's in the helpfiles and IIRC, it's even come up on the forums once or twice recently.

Nobody has ever done us the courtesy of announcing to us that they are using triggers. As far as anyone "openly" abusing triggers, I'm sorry but that means about as much to me as saying we should punish someone because "I just know". I sympathize, so in the future yes, please do report suspected rule violations.

IsildurTue 20-Oct-15 05:42 PM
5969 posts
#61056, "RE: Sick and tired of playing against mud clients"
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Tue 20-Oct-15 05:43 PM

I will say that a well written "so-and-so has arrived" trigger would be nearly impossible for you to detect from imm land. Basically you just write the trigger to disable itself after firing, and the character's behavior will look no different than it would if he just had amazing reflexes.

If anything that's the only thing you could look for. A guy standing somewhere who is not spamming a command who suddenly uses that command immediately after someone walks into the room. But you can't know that he wasn't just sitting there with the command already typed waiting to press enter as soon as "so-and-so has arrived" flashes across his screen.

TacTue 20-Oct-15 06:59 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#61057, "Agreed..."
In response to Reply #4

There are numerous areas where CF encourages you to play like a bot. It is very similar to the issues of aim bots in FPS and similar online games. You can try to ban the software, but it is better to simply reduce the effectiveness of things where a trigger is better than a person... which would require some out of the box thinking, but could be done.

For instance, with greet triggers, you could simply add a skill or in built command to "waylay" or something similar. There are already skills in this space, waylay, dash, thief waylay, etc, but that could be expanded if you really wanted to make it so that first-mover advantage was tactical rather than twitch/reaction time/trigger (ab)use.

I can and do make some rather complicated use of triggers in some places, and would be glad to share those as impetus to make those things more intelligent, so long as it didn't end up just making me waste more time in the long run....

ArtificialTue 20-Oct-15 10:56 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#61060, "When I read that"
In response to Reply #5

I pictured this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPDZSy0MJrA

incognitoWed 21-Oct-15 03:48 AM
4495 posts
#61065, "RE: Agreed..."
In response to Reply #5

Giving every class the equivalent of a trigger is not a good solution as it creates imbalance.

incognitoTue 20-Oct-15 11:04 PM
4495 posts
#61061, "Shaapa effectively announced it"
In response to Reply #3

His logs revealed he had triggers firing off the prompt.

But I'm not sure what you can do to disrupt that.

I don't really agree that it is hard to spot a reaction trigger as opposed to a shaapa-style spam trigger.

The reality is no one will react fast every time if they don't do at least some spams.

Also there are plenty of cases where someone is paralysed from a filler but their triggers are still firing as their enemy moves in and out even though the player knows they can't engage.

UmironWed 21-Oct-15 07:13 AM
1497 posts
#61072, "RE: Shaapa effectively announced it"
In response to Reply #8

We really don't have a precedent for punishing people for admitting they did something wrong (whether they're telling the truth or not) after their character is dead.

In theory if someone admits it and continues to do it on subsequent characters they'll be easier to catch, but I think we've heard some pretty reasonable arguments for why in the case of triggers that isn't the case, especially when nobody up here has the time or desire to be a 24/7 snoop cop.

incognitoWed 21-Oct-15 07:24 AM
4495 posts
#61074, "I'm not suggesting post death punishment"
In response to Reply #14

Just observing that certain players openly admit to trigger use or accidentally post evidence of it.

Proving that it is going on even if hard to prove "live".

My point is mainly that it is evidence that could make you more convinced that investing time in developing some kind of countermeasure might be worthwhile.

Part of the reason I wouldn't advocate post death punishment is there's always the chance they've stopped committing the offense. But at least you could decide where to target your efforts. For example, if you sent a rapid stream of "x has summoned you" 5 times to a char and it triggers 5 concurrent reactions (quaff, bash, or recall say), then you know you are looking at a summon trigger. (These are really common by the way.)

UmironWed 21-Oct-15 07:46 AM
1497 posts
#61075, "RE: I'm not suggesting post death punishment"
In response to Reply #16

I don't think we've ever doubted it goes on.

We do use echoes to try and fish out trigger abuse from time to time, but we also don't want to effectively accuse people of cheating or interrupt the immersion of their session by spamming them with obviously OOC "anti-cheating" text unless we're pretty confident it's going to nail them. It's alienating and offensive. It's also not something we can do just because a player prays because players are 100% dead wrong more often than not, even if we throw out Pro.

Beyond that, I don't see any ROI in developing better tools / methods for trying to sniff out trigger use, especially when most of the people getting their mileage out of triggers are almost certainly capable of (and willing to spend the time) accomplishing their goals in such a way that any formal countermeasures would be useless. Plus, even better tools and methods largely rely on us being in the right place at the right time.

I grok what you're saying and all I can tell you is that it's not as simple as you seem to think, which is the simplest explanation for why more people don't get in trouble for it.

ArtificialWed 21-Oct-15 04:20 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#61081, "Give us an official announcement"
In response to Reply #17

Since shaapa seemed convinced it was kosher, maybe more people need to see it formally announced that triggers aren't okay and they'll stop.

Won't stop everyone, but some.

N b MWed 21-Oct-15 04:27 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
#61082, "Seconded. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #20

TacWed 21-Oct-15 04:36 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#61083, "Help 2312?"
In response to Reply #20

Triggers aren't against the rules. Bots are.

N b MWed 21-Oct-15 05:23 PM
444 posts
#61085, "RE: Help 2312?"
In response to Reply #22

Yes, but where is that line between trigger use and a bot? All bots use triggers to accomplish what they are designed for.

Is that line a sleep trigger that continuously runs no matter what you are doing (moving, scanning, eating, checking where) until it successfully fires?

MurphyWed 21-Oct-15 06:42 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61087, "The line is whether you are in control at all times."
In response to Reply #24

Meaning you should be at your keyboard and you should be able to intervene at any moment. It does not matter then whether commands are sent by a trigger or by your hand.

But if you walk away from the screen and let a set of triggers do stuff for you, THAT is botting.

N b MWed 21-Oct-15 06:49 PM
444 posts
#61088, "RE: The line is whether you are in control at all times..."
In response to Reply #26

If your whole argument hinges on whether or not a person is sitting at the keyboard then I have to disagree with you, cause that is f'ing stupid.

But if you are saying that if mud client code will accomplish it's intended purpose by interacting with the mud directly, whether or not a person is interacting with the keyboard... well, that is a good argument.

KstatidaThu 22-Oct-15 05:56 AM
2214 posts
#61099, "That might be f'ing stupid"
In response to Reply #27

But it's in the rules.

incognitoWed 21-Oct-15 01:48 AM
4495 posts
#61064, "Some checks you could do"
In response to Reply #3

For those held by fillets, see if they still try to attack people walking into the room. This isn't something we can pray about because as players we can't tell, but I did see a log where someone held by a fillet was repeatedly triggering dirt kick on my non sneaking char each time they walked past.

For those spamming attacks on someone who isn't in the araa and hadn't been for some time, suspend their prompt momentarily and see if it stops the flow of their commands through to the mud. Spam wouldn't stop completely and immediately but a trigger reacting to each prompt would.

KstatidaWed 21-Oct-15 04:23 AM
2214 posts
#61066, "Btw you misunderstand shapa's spam trigger mechanics"
In response to Reply #11

It's much more subtle.

IsildurWed 21-Oct-15 07:19 AM
5969 posts
#61073, "RE: Btw you misunderstand shapa's spam trigger mechanic..."
In response to Reply #13

If I were writing a sleep trigger that just spams sleep (as opposed to waiting for the guy to walk in and then sending the command) I would not use the prompt at all. I'd use the failure echo from the previous sleep command. In pseudocode, it would be this:

#action {sleep echo when target isn't in the room} {c sleep target}
#action {sleep failed} {disable triggers}
#action {sleep success} {disable triggers}
#action {yell because I'm attacked} {disable triggers}
#alias {off} {disable triggers}

If you wanted to be really fancy you could add some more "auto-disable" conditions. For instance, the echo you get when someone summons you. Or the echo you get when you're transferred to the ROTD.

The way to mess with this trigger would be to send several extra "sleep echo when target isn't in the room" echos. That would cause it to stack additional "c sleep" commands and it would quickly get out of control.

If he really wanted, though, he could make it "stateful" and account for that detection method as well.

-flsoWed 21-Oct-15 09:34 PM
Member since 02nd Oct 2007
296 posts
#61093, "Amateur hour here"
In response to Reply #15

unlike Shapa.

The prompt is really really useful for triggers that don't have any of the problems you described.

IsildurWed 21-Oct-15 11:12 PM
5969 posts
#61094, "RE: Amateur hour here"
In response to Reply #32

Not sure how using the prompt is better. An staff member could echo additional prompts and mess it up just as easily as he could echo additional sleep failure text.

AereglenWed 21-Oct-15 03:37 PM
Member since 23rd Apr 2011
476 posts
#61079, "You gave slight misinformation here."
In response to Reply #1

"As a general statement of fact, there is not much (if any) difference between using a trigger and plain old spamming in cases where the attacker is quick and alert."
-Triggers will win every time, no matter how fast you are spamming or how alert you are. It is a huge difference.

"Triggers can be used against people. Be clever."
-The last time I did this I got in big big trouble for it, because I was saying "All the ladies swoon when they hear has arrived." to trigger their triggers. The trigger user saw no punishment even though I had proven he was using them. So please tell us how to use their triggers against them, because the "be clever" approach bit me in the ass hard.

AereglenWed 21-Oct-15 05:55 PM
476 posts
#61086, "A late edit."
In response to Reply #18

I guess I used the wrong brackets and it cut "myname" out. What I said to trigger their trigger was "All the ladies swoon when they hear ENTERNAMEHERE has arrived."

KstatidaThu 22-Oct-15 05:53 AM
2214 posts
#61098, "RE: You gave slight misinformation here."
In response to Reply #18

>"Triggers can be used against people. Be clever."
>-The last time I did this I got in big big trouble for it,
>because I was saying "All the ladies swoon when they hear
> has arrived." to trigger their triggers. The trigger
>user saw no punishment even though I had proven he was using
>them. So please tell us how to use their triggers against
>them, because the "be clever" approach bit me in the ass
>hard.

That's not how you abuse triggers. The easiest way is to spamlag the target, but you can actually undress or even delete people online. And the most notorious trigger out there is definitely susceptible to that kind of attack. Be clever!

AereglenThu 22-Oct-15 02:19 PM
476 posts
#61110, "You are absolutely no help. nt"
In response to Reply #37

nt

KstatidaFri 23-Oct-15 04:52 AM
2214 posts
#61117, "I generally don't intend to be :)~"
In response to Reply #44

~

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #61052 Previous topic | Next topic