Subject: "A few Nexus RP questions" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #60859
Show all folders

Nexus recruit (Anonymous)Tue 06-Oct-15 10:30 AM
Charter member
#60859, "A few Nexus RP questions"

If all is balanced, does that mean vanguard does nothing?

Is there any chance nexus can get some kind of cabal power like zeal, BotC, ignite, etc. something that adds hit and dam roll?

Nexus RP question

If all is balanced, am I free to see the balance as not possibly balanced, but I see the balance based on my range or lowbie range? I'm trying to put together my role and I don't want to be wrong or completely way off with nexus rp.

Can I make a role where Thera as a whole couldnt possibly be balanced with a lich walking around? This is something I would do on my own but would still be, at least in my eyes, still for the balance of Thera.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

incognitoTue 06-Oct-15 01:19 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60863, "What I think you can't do"
In response to Reply #0

Is be a light walker with nexan powers just because a lich exists.

If light tips and you go whack some evils because a lich exists, expect negative outcomes for your char.

KstatidaTue 06-Oct-15 12:11 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60862, "Well from a newcomer's viewpoint"
In response to Reply #0

What's great about CF is that you can RP anything if there's logic behind it. And by anything I mean ANYTHING. If you take your time and browse through PBFs there're so many examples to this that I wonder why people still ask questions like "can I RP that?". The generic answer is "if it makes sense - yes you can, if it doesn't make sense but there's a great flavour about it - high chances are that you still can, but perhaps in a slightly unexpected manner".

Strienat (NOT Deormdel)Tue 06-Oct-15 11:53 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0

A lot of these questions could be answered in game, but I'll give a brief rundown here.

Nexus powers have come up lately and I am not sure what we plan to do, but it's being conversed. That's all I will say on that one.

RE: RP Question:

Nexus is one of those cabals where you get a lot of freedom to do things, but there's a caveat behind that freedom. Whenever I induct someone, I tell them a very simple thing:

"If you mess up the Balance, you had better fix it"

This simply means, if everything is Balanced and you want to go hunt the Lich that you feel couldn't possibly mean it's truly balanced but the game says it is through the gauge balance power, then do it. That's your deal. We've had Nexus players who did that before. But, there's the caveat. If you somehow kill that lich and all of the sudden Light/Chaos is tipping, you had better peel off and work on getting it back to a balanced state.

Hope this answers your question, I will monitor if you have a follow up.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #60859 Previous topic | Next topic