Subject: "Mudbrowser banned again. Any idea how long it will be f..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #60773
Show all folders

VonzamirFri 25-Sep-15 04:02 PM
Member since 07th Jun 2011
659 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60773, "Mudbrowser banned again. Any idea how long it will be for?"

Was it multi-charing or newbie channel meltdown this time? Any idea how long it will be for?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

UmironFri 25-Sep-15 04:33 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60774, "RE: Mudbrowser banned again. Any idea how long it will ..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm not going to speak to whether we banned something/someone or why, or how long a ban might last.

If we did ban a third party site or client it would've been because someone was using it to break the rules. In cases where a site or app does not (or cannot) reveal the end user's IP address to us then once one person gets banned they've obviously ruined it for everyone.

For what it's worth, the MUD client on our website (Play page) does behave in a way that allows us to control bans and therefore can't be ruined by one person. It's not the best client, I know, but it's an option.

VonzamirFri 25-Sep-15 05:07 PM
Member since 07th Jun 2011
659 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60775, "RE: Mudbrowser banned again. Any idea how long it will ..."
In response to Reply #1

Got it. The play link is actually preferable to mudbrowser, but it is not one I have access to as often as I did the other site. I'll just have to find other options to distract myself from being productive for the meantime.

DallevianFri 25-Sep-15 08:33 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
#60779, "what do you have access to? maybe we can help nt"
In response to Reply #2

nt

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #60773 Previous topic | Next topic