Subject: "Crashing of waves." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #60638
Show all folders

Crashinguy (Anonymous)Sat 19-Sep-15 12:30 AM
Charter member
#60638, "Crashing of waves."

How big of a nerf did this legacy take in the past couple of years? It's a pale shadow of its former self. It actually hasn't triggered in a pk yet and I ranked 3 levels before it went off on a mob.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Crashing of waves., Umiron, 19-Sep-15 01:17 PM, #4
Reply RE: Crashing of waves., Isildur, 19-Sep-15 04:58 PM, #5
     Reply If I was trying to maximize crashing..., Destuvius, 19-Sep-15 05:15 PM, #6
          Reply RE: If I was trying to maximize crashing..., Isildur, 19-Sep-15 05:55 PM, #7
               Reply RE: If I was trying to maximize crashing..., Destuvius, 19-Sep-15 05:58 PM, #8
Reply Are you big and strong?, incognito, 19-Sep-15 01:19 AM, #1
     Reply 23 strength. 0 times in pk. (n/t), Crashinguy (Anonymous), 19-Sep-15 11:01 AM, #2
          Reply RE: 23 strength. 0 times in pk. (n/t), Destuvius, 19-Sep-15 12:36 PM, #3

UmironSat 19-Sep-15 01:17 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60651, "RE: Crashing of waves."
In response to Reply #0

The most recent change to Crashing was in 2012, which reduced it's effectiveness when ganging. Beyond that, I don't see that it's been adjusted since at least early 2010, which is as far back as I can see.

To clarify, Crashing cares about your opponent's strength as well, both independently and relative to your own. So for maximum Crashyness, you want high str solo fights against people with low(er) strength.

IsildurSat 19-Sep-15 04:58 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60654, "RE: Crashing of waves."
In response to Reply #4

Seems like it might pair well w/ a weapon spec that involves lots of strength malediction. Maybe.

DestuviusSat 19-Sep-15 05:15 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60656, "If I was trying to maximize crashing..."
In response to Reply #5

I would go duergar dagger spec. Duergar gives you the best str for a non giant (and a good dex for dagger stuffs as well). It gives you some awesome strength maledict to increase the difference between your and your opponents strength. The icing on the cake: daggers get parried often which should (in theory) lead to more chances for crashing to fire.

IsildurSat 19-Sep-15 05:55 PM
5969 posts
#60658, "RE: If I was trying to maximize crashing..."
In response to Reply #6

Does it consider the likelihood of the weapon being wielded to disarm the opponent's weapon? Disarming w/ a dagger is hard, IIRC. At least, against stuff like axe and polearm.

DestuviusSat 19-Sep-15 05:58 PM
1012 posts
#60659, "RE: If I was trying to maximize crashing..."
In response to Reply #7

No idea! I don't look at code, that is just theory. I could see it caring about weapon type, but I could also see it not caring.

incognitoSat 19-Sep-15 01:19 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60640, "Are you big and strong?"
In response to Reply #0

I think the nerf was more on dexy builds?

Crashinguy (Anonymous)Sat 19-Sep-15 11:01 AM
Charter member
#60648, "23 strength. 0 times in pk. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #1

no text

DestuviusSat 19-Sep-15 12:34 PM
1012 posts
#60650, "RE: 23 strength. 0 times in pk. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Sat 19-Sep-15 12:36 PM

Now, without having the ability to look in code, I am basing this comment on my experience with crashing...

It appeared to be a comparison of strength (yours vs the victims) and the bigger the difference between yours and theirs, the more likely it was to fire.

Another big factor was how often you are parried, because if you are not parried then I don't think there is a check for crashing to occur. So if you are wielding weapons that are not parried often, likes axes or flails, you will probably see less success with the legacy.

*Edit to add: You won't always get a disarm from the legacy, if you are up against cursed weapons for instance. In those situations, you create a feint type effect and do dmg. Not sure if you had seen any of those pop up yet or not.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #60638 Previous topic | Next topic