Subject: "Wand confusion." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #60319
Show all folders

Mage124 (Anonymous)Sat 08-Aug-15 03:36 AM
Charter member
#60319, "Wand confusion."

Sometimes when you ask for a wand hint for your aura it will give you your hint for shield or barrier. I'm assuming this is because there's a reset timer after getting a wand? If so how long is it and would it be possible to change it so the guildmaster says he can't give you a hint for that yet? It sucks to pay silver three times to get a location for another wand that you already know of.

It feels like this is way more of a timesink for gathering wands than it was before. I've had to wait for days in game to get a second wand.

Other than that I love the new system. It's my first serious mage since it was implemented.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KalageadonSat 08-Aug-15 06:41 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1048 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60323, "To my knowledge."
In response to Reply #0

The Imms left the repop rates for wands and made the hints coincide with them. Aura has the longest repop timer and thus has the longest amount of time between when it's gathered and when you can get a new hint for it. Both Barrier and Shield can be gathered fairly quickly by comparison. Aura's recharge timer is relatively long and only goes by the time that you're actually in game.

The reason it may feel like more of a time consuming process is because rather than just grabbing your known wand, you have to time the hint so you can learn where the new one's at.

If I could make a suggestion, it would be that you prioritize Aura gathering so you can burn time gathering the other two and put that toward the recharge. That way, you don't feel bored as you're not sitting around as often.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #60319 Previous topic | Next topic