Subject: "So yeah...Shaapa level triggers. Kosher? nt" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #60186
Show all folders

ArtificialMon 20-Jul-15 11:16 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60186, "So yeah...Shaapa level triggers. Kosher? nt"

nt

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

UmironTue 21-Jul-15 06:03 AM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60192, "What? (nt)"
In response to Reply #0

d

AthiolesTue 21-Jul-15 06:12 AM
Member since 09th Jan 2011
392 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60193, "RE: What? (nt)"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Tue 21-Jul-15 06:12 AM

He's asking if it's okay to use triggers like "has fled east" kicking out "dash east bash $target". Or to trigger c sleep $target off your prompt, etc.

There's a debate on dios about it.

UmironTue 21-Jul-15 07:09 AM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60194, "RE: What? (nt)"
In response to Reply #2

First, let me paraphrase and echo something Daevryn said a long time ago: the majority of the time someone prays or send us a note accusing another player of using chase triggers it seems like they are wrong when we (or I) investigate.

I'll also echo Daevryn that policing triggers is not trivial.

I'm not going to write a treatise on triggers and scripting, nor am I going to lay down a fine line that someone can smugly tow. I think the rules are clear enough. Or maybe in this case they're ambiguous enough. The helpfile(s) state that we may ask a player to stop if we choose and if that happens, we expect them to do so. If that's not a proposition someone is comfortable with then I recommend plain Telnet, where the only kind of trouble your "client" will get you into is con loss.

KstatidaTue 21-Jul-15 07:29 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60195, "RE: What? (nt)"
In response to Reply #3

>I recommend plain Telnet, where the only
>kind of trouble your "client" will get you into is con loss.

Now that's a quote to remember

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #60186 Previous topic | Next topic