Subject: "Minor enhancement request:" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #59981
Show all folders

SarienThu 09-Jul-15 09:38 AM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59981, "Minor enhancement request:"

Would you guys consider allowing players to see their PK count by some form of "score" or something along those lines? My thinking is, you allow us to see explore/obs exp etc, and we can compare that information to the info in "help edgepoint specifics".

Normally, I grep my log directory for "you land the killing blow" and call that my PK count, but its recently been pointed out to me that you don't always get the echo upon a successfully rewarded PK.

I would love a way to see the information, even if its just added to "Score exp" or something.

Thank you for considering it!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Minor enhancement request:, Umiron, 09-Jul-15 09:59 AM, #1
     Reply Fair answer., Sarien, 09-Jul-15 10:41 AM, #2
     Reply I think most people are doing this now anyway., Lhydia, 09-Jul-15 12:21 PM, #3
     Reply Or, change the PK + edge point algorithm slightly, TheDude, 09-Jul-15 03:56 PM, #4
          Reply I just wish the level-tiered points were removed, KaguMaru, 09-Jul-15 05:10 PM, #6
               Reply I don't care at all about edge points, laxman, 09-Jul-15 05:38 PM, #7
     Reply Consider changing the PK tier edgepoints, silat, 09-Jul-15 04:05 PM, #5

UmironThu 09-Jul-15 09:59 AM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59982, "RE: Minor enhancement request:"
In response to Reply #0

The reason we don't display that stuff is because too many people, upon seeing they're one PK away from an edge point threshold (for example) would almost surely go multi-kill some poor guy or otherwise water down their RP just to get the bump right away.

Like you said, one can easily enough grep the logs but I don't imagine too many people do and even that isn't always super accurate.

We're more of a number-crunching, PK-over-RP MUD than I'd like for us to be (our fault), so I personally won't be changing this. If someone else wants to, I probably won't up much of a fight though.

SarienThu 09-Jul-15 10:41 AM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59983, "Fair answer."
In response to Reply #1

Thank you for putting in your .02$. I agree with your reasoning, and understand where you are coming from.

for feedback: I think that there are people who enjoy the RP available, I also think there are people who more enjoy the PK combat that comes along with the RP.

I like both I feel you've got a good mix.

LhydiaThu 09-Jul-15 12:21 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
#59985, "I think most people are doing this now anyway."
In response to Reply #1

If that is the issue you might consider removing pk edge point rewards all together. I personally wouldn't be multikilling as much if I had easier access to edges. I just use a notepad though.

TheDudeThu 09-Jul-15 03:53 PM
Member since 20th Sep 2005
285 posts
#59987, "Or, change the PK + edge point algorithm slightly"
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Thu 09-Jul-15 03:56 PM

to reward edge points based on some range of "PK-Tier", combined with RNG.

Like, maybe you are guaranteed edge points at some point within 10-15 PKs, 30-40 PKs, etc. (I don't know the actual current thresholds but you get the idea).

Edit: Though if I think about it, I'm not sure I dig focusing more on the PK-number aspect of PK-- but the above idea isn't necessarily constrained to the OP's proposal.

KaguMaruThu 09-Jul-15 05:10 PM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
#59990, "I just wish the level-tiered points were removed"
In response to Reply #4

So I wouldn't feel my characters were gimped when they don't levelsit

laxmanThu 09-Jul-15 05:38 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#59991, "I don't care at all about edge points"
In response to Reply #6

After years of easy access I know which ones do what so prioritizing them is a non issue.

If they let me check the stuff in hank o meter and ok stats from a pbf I would never again buy one

silatThu 09-Jul-15 04:05 PM
Member since 29th Jul 2011
153 posts
#59988, "Consider changing the PK tier edgepoints"
In response to Reply #1

From my own observations, it seems like the edgepoints for 5-10-15 PK's per tier end up significantly more important than the total PK counts. For instance, I *felt* like I got more edgepoints recently for hitting the 15 tier count than I did for the 25 total PKs.

I'd make two suggestions:

1) Change the edgepoint weightings so total PKs are more important, and the 5-10-15 is just a bonus. Something to PK through the ranks, but not a requirement to levelsit if you're trying for expensive edges.

2) Make both PK edgepoint rewards come in more smoothly. No need for big bumps at 5-10-15 (10-25-50-100), but rather just have the edgepoints roll in one PK at a time. This would also stop the sort of behavior you're talking about.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #59981 Previous topic | Next topic