Subject: "Been gone a while...." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #59887
Show all folders

TacTue 30-Jun-15 03:09 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59887, "Been gone a while...."

Came back and read the Announcements forum, good changes. Seemed cool. Dig the item search. Made we want to play (enough that I have actually logged in).

Read other forums. Will to play draining. Remember all the reasons I don't play. Read the same arguments echo'd repeatedly in the forums...

Players: Stop wasting my time, I'm here to have fun, not grind! Also X, Y, and Z are overpowered as my current character can't steamroll like I believe I should be able to, please fix.

Imms: Wasting your time builds investment! We volunteer so our time is valuable and yours is not! All that overpowered stuff... By Design... suck it up n00b.

Get suckered in anyway. Decide forums are probably a waste of time. Write poorly structured post explaining frustration.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Been gone a while...., Mendos, 30-Jun-15 05:57 PM, #3
Reply RE: Been gone a while...., Tac, 02-Jul-15 10:51 AM, #6
     Reply I would just like to say, Aereglen, 02-Jul-15 12:54 PM, #7
          Reply Careful guys..., Tsunami, 02-Jul-15 01:29 PM, #8
               Reply Innate gentle walk was deemed OP, lasentia, 02-Jul-15 02:04 PM, #9
               Reply That was your fault., Aereglen, 03-Jul-15 02:23 PM, #10
                    Reply No sir, Tsunami, 03-Jul-15 02:33 PM, #11
                         Reply It was your insistent nagging., Aereglen, 05-Jul-15 10:39 AM, #12
                              Reply Incorrect, Tsunami, 05-Jul-15 10:49 AM, #13
                                   Reply RE: Incorrect, Aereglen, 05-Jul-15 12:00 PM, #14
                                        Reply Don't try arguing with Matrik., Scrimbul, 05-Jul-15 01:01 PM, #15
                                        Reply I think you're right., Aereglen, 05-Jul-15 01:18 PM, #17
                                             Reply Thought so., Tsunami, 05-Jul-15 01:21 PM, #18
                                                  Reply RE: Thought so., Aereglen, 05-Jul-15 01:39 PM, #19
                                                       Reply Angry rants?, Tsunami, 05-Jul-15 01:52 PM, #20
                                                            Reply You are trolling now., Aereglen, 05-Jul-15 01:56 PM, #21
                                                            Reply Please introduce giant troll as a race ASAP. n/t, Homard, 05-Jul-15 02:24 PM, #22
                                                            Reply VIPs didn't ban because someone disagreed with them, incognito, 06-Jul-15 12:43 AM, #23
                                        Reply Link one., Tsunami, 05-Jul-15 01:04 PM, #16
                                             Reply Personally I'm glad they do it, incognito, 06-Jul-15 12:45 AM, #24
                                                  Reply This entire thread has been destroyed by one person., Blackstar, 07-Jul-15 05:38 PM, #25
Reply RE: Been gone a while...., Verathi, 30-Jun-15 04:17 PM, #1
     Reply Gah!, TMNS, 30-Jun-15 05:18 PM, #2
          Reply Reading comprehension is tuff., Deaerax (Anonymous), 30-Jun-15 07:10 PM, #4
               Reply If you're imaginative enough to play CF,, Kstatida, 01-Jul-15 10:49 AM, #5

MendosTue 30-Jun-15 05:57 PM
Member since 16th Oct 2013
180 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59890, "RE: Been gone a while...."
In response to Reply #0

Welcome back.

I'm just going to say.. I wasn't intending my post to come across as entitled, if that was the case. I guess CF should be a labor of love for players and for Imms.

As for the forums, if they're bringing you down, the simple option is not to read them! Some patterns in posting have been around for years now.

Anyway, on a positive note, I honestly believe there are some really fun characters and good influences out there right now if you manage to get back into it.

TacThu 02-Jul-15 10:51 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#59895, "RE: Been gone a while...."
In response to Reply #3

>Welcome back.
>
>I'm just going to say.. I wasn't intending my post to come
>across as entitled, if that was the case. I guess CF should be
>a labor of love for players and for Imms.

It isn't what is posted. Actions speak louder than words in these cases. I think the Imm staff is full of good people trying to do good things (mostly) and have fun. But effort doesn't necessarily mean success.

>As for the forums, if they're bringing you down, the simple
>option is not to read them! Some patterns in posting have been
>around for years now.

I understand this. I even acknowledge that I might be happier playing and not reading the forums. However, the forums exist and I read them for reasons beyond my own happiness.

>Anyway, on a positive note, I honestly believe there are some
>really fun characters and good influences out there right now
>if you manage to get back into it.

I was trying to make a really fun character named Astin, but alas, there are no halflings to be found nor anyway to make a love-able goofball that doesn't end up as so must bloody paste along Eastern Road. CF is many things, but a place where you can jump on the back of a giant toad it is not.

AereglenThu 02-Jul-15 12:54 PM
Member since 23rd Apr 2011
476 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59898, "I would just like to say"
In response to Reply #6

that a halfling riding a giant toad is something that needs to happen in CF. What do I have to do to make this happen?

TsunamiThu 02-Jul-15 01:29 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#59901, "Careful guys..."
In response to Reply #7

You aren't allowed to talk about halflings around here. It just makes your thread poof.

lasentiaThu 02-Jul-15 02:04 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59902, "Innate gentle walk was deemed OP"
In response to Reply #8

The testing was pretty fun. Of course, all the Imms do when testing is set the stats and innates of a gnome, in this case, to what they have in mind for the new race. Centaurs ultimately won out though, but here is what halflings were.

17 str, 21 dex, 21 con, 20 int, 22 wis, 22 cha

Innate abilities
Gentle Walk
Infravision
Lucky Soul

Size -1
Vuln Blunt
300 xp penalty

Can't be evil.

This almost sounds like it could have happened.

AereglenFri 03-Jul-15 02:23 PM
476 posts
#59913, "That was your fault."
In response to Reply #8

You went about it all wrong, to the point of building yourself a bad reputation for being annoying. The only way to be careful about the subject would be to keep you from posting about it.

TsunamiFri 03-Jul-15 02:33 PM
1509 posts
#59915, "No sir"
In response to Reply #10

It was the fault of heavy handed censorship. This board would be empty if "being annoying" was a good enough reason to poof and lock threads.

AereglenSun 05-Jul-15 10:39 AM
476 posts
#59932, "It was your insistent nagging."
In response to Reply #11

It was far more than the average "being annoying" and no sign of you letting up. Censorship had nothing to do with it. That is merely what you say when you become aware you are being annoying to others but won't admit to it.

TsunamiSun 05-Jul-15 10:49 AM
1509 posts
#59933, "Incorrect"
In response to Reply #12

In fact, that makes no sense at all. I don't care if I was being annoying or not. Deleting posts of players that have been around for a decade+ is not the right thing to do unless they are spamming. One post a week is not spamming by any definition.

AereglenSun 05-Jul-15 12:00 PM
476 posts
#59934, "RE: Incorrect"
In response to Reply #13

You were told repeatedly no and to stop asking. You did not stop asking. So something was done about it, and you stopped. It actually makes perfect sense.

ScrimbulSun 05-Jul-15 12:58 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#59935, "Don't try arguing with Matrik."
In response to Reply #14
Edited on Sun 05-Jul-15 01:01 PM

He's going to drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

It's a waste of time to try to sound more smug than him, the pattern you're citing has been his modus operandi for five or six years running. Prior to that point he was more or less a normal player.

We are all plenty aware of people who intentionally skirt the rules, stepping over people's lines in the sand and into their personal space just to provoke a reaction over time, especially when they will practice what is otherwise infinite patience in order to wait for a reaction. It is a game, a sick one, one he otherwise couldn't play on a forum with a much higher traffic volume.

Stop feeding the troll.

AereglenSun 05-Jul-15 01:18 PM
476 posts
#59937, "I think you're right."
In response to Reply #15

He has now resorted to name-calling on top of his lies, so I think you are right about him. I will stop replying to him, so no more feeding the troll. Thank you for pointing this out. I thought maybe he had a legit argument, but instead all he wants to do is drag out these troll games.

TsunamiSun 05-Jul-15 01:21 PM
1509 posts
#59938, "Thought so."
In response to Reply #17

You can't link one, because the post doesn't exist.

I didn't call you any names. Thanks for playing.

AereglenSun 05-Jul-15 01:39 PM
476 posts
#59939, "RE: Thought so."
In response to Reply #18

You called someone a douchebag. I do not care who it was directed at, you are acting like a child who did not get his way. Someone tells you no, and you throw a fit. Now you are resorting to name calling. You were already low, but now you are stooping lower. I know I have seen you be told no many times. If you want a reminder go search for them yourself. I do not need validation for anything. You on the other hand will not stop because you do not get what you want. Maybe the imms do not like their forum full of rants from angry children. That would explain why some of your posts get removed. You say thanks for playing. That is because forum posting to you has become a game, but it is not a game. It is sad you see it that way. This is a place to talk about the game, not to see how many posts you can troll someone with.

TsunamiSun 05-Jul-15 01:50 PM
1509 posts
#59940, "Angry rants?"
In response to Reply #19
Edited on Sun 05-Jul-15 01:52 PM

Throw a fit? I think you're mistaken. I've done nothing of the sort. I'll also counter that rants get posted here more than anything else. They don't get poofed. I post about halflings, in jest, and my posts are deleted.

I've a long standing stance against censorship. Going back to when QHCF VIPs would ban people for not agreeing with them. You've as much right to rant (like you just did) or post as any other player and I'll speak up for it.

I'm well aware my freedom of speech as a citizen of the USA does not extend to this forum, but I'll always advocate for it.

As it is, your post shows that you sorely misunderstand the situation (EDIT: Likely since the posts were deleted, so you have no idea what was even written). I see no reason to hold it against you. I troll on QHCF. I don't troll here.

AereglenSun 05-Jul-15 01:56 PM
476 posts
#59941, "You are trolling now."
In response to Reply #20

You have a problem with censorship. You are also a giant troll. This is not complicated.

HomardSun 05-Jul-15 02:24 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
#59942, "Please introduce giant troll as a race ASAP. n/t"
In response to Reply #21

Nt

incognitoMon 06-Jul-15 12:43 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59944, "VIPs didn't ban because someone disagreed with them"
In response to Reply #20

But think what you want as I don't plan to waste time arguing that point with you either.

TsunamiSun 05-Jul-15 01:04 PM
1509 posts
#59936, "Link one."
In response to Reply #14

I don't recall ever being asked. Not even once, let alone repeatedly.

Turns out my posts aren't the only ones to poof in recent history either. It's piss poor moderation and does nothing to improve player-admin relations.

Doesn't matter in the long run. I'm not going to let one douchebag ruin everyone's chance at a free PK. Though it would be nice to know who to hold the grudge against.

incognitoMon 06-Jul-15 12:45 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59945, "Personally I'm glad they do it"
In response to Reply #16

I don't agree with every deletion but it is worth it to avoid flamefests.

BlackstarTue 07-Jul-15 05:38 PM
Member since 07th Jul 2015
18 posts
#59960, "This entire thread has been destroyed by one person."
In response to Reply #24

That is rather pathetic.

VerathiTue 30-Jun-15 04:17 PM
Member since 10th Dec 2014
92 posts
#59888, "RE: Been gone a while...."
In response to Reply #0

I'd be really curious where you got this line from "We volunteer so our time is valuable and yours is not!". I don't think I have seen anything close to that.

As far as investment, It wouldn't be the same game without it. There are multiple logical reasons for it to be the way it is, but I see no point to bring them up here. In the end, I wouldn't let the forums get to you. Just try to play and enjoy the game.

TMNSTue 30-Jun-15 05:18 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#59889, "Gah!"
In response to Reply #1

>I do not like the comparison of getting paid to CF. That being
said Mendos has a point that we are volunteers that run the game
and we put up with a lot of things we shouldn't have to as unpaid
individuals. You on the other hand get to play CF for free
without having to run it. So the idea that you should get paid to
play CF is a silly arguement. Things such as personal attacks
on the forums or in game, players that cheat or break rules, and
RP enforcement. I guarantee* no one on the staff likes doing these
things but that doesn't change that we do them for the betterment
of the game.<

That's probably where he got it.

Deaerax (Anonymous)Tue 30-Jun-15 07:10 PM
Charter member
#59891, "Reading comprehension is tuff."
In response to Reply #2

That paragraph in no way says "We volunteer so our time is valuable and
yours is not!". And no, I'm not going to argue with you about what I
did mean. Read the whole post again. If you are still seeing red,
take a chill pill. Geeze, I must have hit a nerve or something.

KstatidaWed 01-Jul-15 10:49 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59892, "If you're imaginative enough to play CF,"
In response to Reply #4

you have a fragile neural system susceptible to forum neural disruption.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #59887 Previous topic | Next topic