Subject: "Regeneration question." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #59403
Show all folders

Nydfeldt (Anonymous)Fri 29-May-15 08:11 PM
Charter member
#59403, "Regeneration question."

Do things that boost physical regeneration (hp), like edges or items, help shifter form regeneration?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Regeneration question., Umiron, 29-May-15 08:31 PM, #1
     Reply Would you mind putting komodo/croc regen back where it ..., Lhydia, 29-May-15 10:03 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Would you mind putting komodo/croc regen back where..., Umiron, 29-May-15 10:17 PM, #3
          Reply I have an opinion here - having just got my first croc, Gnedist (Anonymous), 26-Oct-15 05:26 AM, #5
               Reply nah man, lemur is still the worst, Dallevian, 26-Oct-15 09:03 AM, #6
               Reply I'm satisfied with croc., Umiron, 26-Oct-15 09:16 AM, #7
                    Reply I'll agree to disagree on this one..., gnedist (Anonymous), 26-Oct-15 01:33 PM, #9
                         Reply i am with umiron on this one, laxman, 26-Oct-15 02:19 PM, #10
                         Reply RE: i am with umiron on this one, Bubthegreat, 26-Oct-15 02:59 PM, #12
                         Reply I'll answer this..., KoeKhaos, 27-Oct-15 06:40 AM, #16
                         Reply We've agreed to disagree. Glad that's settled., Umiron, 26-Oct-15 02:34 PM, #11
                              Reply Am I just reading this passive aggressively?, gnedist (Anonymous), 26-Oct-15 04:54 PM, #13
                                   Reply Grrrr, N b M, 26-Oct-15 04:56 PM, #14
                                   Reply RE: Am I just reading this passive aggressively?, Umiron, 26-Oct-15 04:58 PM, #15
     Reply Thanks, that answered most of what I was curious about,..., Nydfeldt (Anonymous), 29-May-15 11:39 PM, #4
     Reply Fast healing? But I guess that would just be on the ti..., Vonzamir, 26-Oct-15 01:28 PM, #8

UmironFri 29-May-15 08:31 PM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59404, "RE: Regeneration question."
In response to Reply #0

Not really, no.

HP regeneration from equipment (besides maybe a tattoo) obviously isn't going to help a shapeshifter in form. Edges probably would, but off the cuff I can't think of any edges available to shapeshifters that impact regen.

LhydiaFri 29-May-15 10:03 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2390 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59405, "Would you mind putting komodo/croc regen back where it ..."
In response to Reply #1

gr

UmironFri 29-May-15 10:17 PM
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59406, "RE: Would you mind putting komodo/croc regen back where..."
In response to Reply #2

I wouldn't increase komodo's regen without taking something in return, that I'm sure of.

I don't have an opinion one way or the other about croc.

Gnedist (Anonymous)Mon 26-Oct-15 05:26 AM
Charter member
#61166, "I have an opinion here - having just got my first croc"
In response to Reply #3

Typically the appeal of a regen shapeshifter is that at some point, you can stand in front and not have to worry about fleeing from normal mobs. The croc doesn't have enough dam redux to make this true with only greater regeneration - I can't even take the front in front of some normal mobs without a group at my back to kill things fast.

It's effectively made the croc one of the worse defensive forms I've had - and I've played a fair number of defensive shifters. It's really only useful right now for healing quick and shifting to another form.

DallevianMon 26-Oct-15 09:03 AM
1639 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61171, "nah man, lemur is still the worst"
In response to Reply #5

couldn't last 4 rounds against a RBW with a/b/s up

couldn't tank elite storm giant without healing or sanc or anthem

i remember days of mongoose just whittling away at any and everything and only having to be afraid of bards and invokers. those days are long gone

UmironMon 26-Oct-15 09:16 AM
1497 posts
#61172, "I'm satisfied with croc."
In response to Reply #5

I think the crux of your disappointment stems more from poor expectations and a desire to use croc for things it may not excel at (relative to other forms) than it does from croc being an objectively underwhelming or poorly designed form.

I've seen plenty of people get a lot of mileage out of croc, both in the field of PvE and PK, general use and ranking. That's good enough for me.

gnedist (Anonymous)Mon 26-Oct-15 01:33 PM
Charter member
#61178, "I'll agree to disagree on this one..."
In response to Reply #7

I don't think it's a poor expectation for a defensive shifter to be close to on par with a warrior who's tanking.

As it stands now, non-defensive warriors are rescuing me because they do better in the front than I do (Whip/flail hth spec most recently) while I'm in my defensive form.

That's broken to me - if it's a utility form (give it forage and I'd call it complete), I could buy off on that as "how it should be", but I legitimately feel like isn't "defensive" right now.

Out of curiosity - what testing did you all do post change to validate that it didn't overly nerf, or did it solely depend on the reroll numbers?

laxmanMon 26-Oct-15 02:19 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#61179, "i am with umiron on this one"
In response to Reply #9

Before dam redux and regening was absurd.

Just answer me two things.
1.) how long does it take you to recover 500 hp (without non class protections up)
2.) how many rounds does it take a PC to deal you 500 hp damage.

BubthegreatMon 26-Oct-15 02:41 PM
Member since 22nd Mar 2007
194 posts
#61181, "RE: i am with umiron on this one"
In response to Reply #10
Edited on Mon 26-Oct-15 02:59 PM

To heal up, with no protections, ten rounds-ish, assuming no maledicts. It's ~50hp per tick with greater regeneration, ~80hp per tick with major regeneration (If I remember right, been a while). I'm not advocating for bringing back faster regen *and* dam redux, but enough dam redux for what should be a defensive form to stand in front of Duergar of Aran'Gird until it's exhausted (as a secondary focus) my mana is typical of other defensive forms with either dodge or regen.

Typically I've gotten blazed through by a PC in 5-6 rounds, with ~900+hp, to the point where I have to flee at 100-200hp.

Battleragers are the ones who typically fight me at this point though, so not sure RBW is a good gauge of this (And that's more or less all I've fought so far PK wise). FWIW, when deathblow is involved, both times, I was killed in ~3 rounds.

KoeKhaosTue 27-Oct-15 06:38 AM
400 posts
#61193, "I'll answer this..."
In response to Reply #10
Edited on Tue 27-Oct-15 06:40 AM

I had my dream combo recently, crocodile and fox, but the crocodile was only a so-so tank and the regen nerf made it really hard to use. Crap mobs that are easy with warrior, bard, old regen shifters, that caused bleeding would destroy the crocodile with ease now. In fact, my fox actually tanked better than my crocodile so I ended up using it to tank more often.

During a PK fight, where they do some kind of bleeding, it will take 40 pulses or rounds of combat to heal 1k hp on a crocodile. During a PK fight, with no wands, a strong rager will kill me in 4-6 rounds if they are lucky, a few more if not.

UmironMon 26-Oct-15 02:34 PM
1497 posts
#61180, "We've agreed to disagree. Glad that's settled."
In response to Reply #9

The last commit that affected croc was in July of 2014 and I have no idea what testing was done because I wasn't the author.

gnedist (Anonymous)Mon 26-Oct-15 04:54 PM
Charter member
#61183, "Am I just reading this passive aggressively?"
In response to Reply #11

Or are you actually intentionally being passive aggressive with someone just because they disagree with you...?

N b MMon 26-Oct-15 04:56 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
#61184, "Grrrr"
In response to Reply #13

Don't be a #### to the best influence CF has had in a long time.

Just don't.

UmironMon 26-Oct-15 04:58 PM
1497 posts
#61185, "RE: Am I just reading this passive aggressively?"
In response to Reply #13

That was my way of saying that it's okay to disagree but I'm not interested in making a change right now. In that sense, you're welcome to keep discussing it with players, providing arguments, etc., but I'm bowing out and moving on to the next one.

Nydfeldt (Anonymous)Fri 29-May-15 11:39 PM
Charter member
#59407, "Thanks, that answered most of what I was curious about,..."
In response to Reply #1

I guess what I really am curious about is, since shifter form regeneration seems to be impacted by certain skills/spells/etc, then does that mean this mechanic operates similar to base healing rates? And, if so, would an edge like quick healer boost the amount regenerated ever so slightly because it's a boost to natural healing rate or would it do nothing for the form?

Judging from the "obviously" comment, I'm guessing that just like all added resistance pieces of gear, that any piece with + some kind of regeneration wouldn't help anyway because shifters don't warrant those boosts for game balance purposes.

VonzamirMon 26-Oct-15 01:28 PM
Member since 07th Jun 2011
659 posts
#61177, "Fast healing? But I guess that would just be on the ti..."
In response to Reply #1

nt

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #59403 Previous topic | Next topic