Subject: "Question about sleek hints!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #59387
Show all folders

TripHitNdip (Anonymous)Thu 28-May-15 02:40 PM
Charter member
#59387, "Question about sleek hints!"
Edited on Thu 28-May-15 02:43 PM

Hey IMM's! First time back in a couple years for me and been enjoying CF again, and I've been having fun with a mage but I have a question/suggestion if at all possible if I could get some enlightenment.

As someone who knew every barrier spot, I never had a problem finding my sleeks before. Probably at least 20-25 hero mages over the years, but I ####ing hated getting spots that didn't mesh with my mage. Crap spot for an Invoker that a shifter would die for and vice versa... and I think this system totally fixed that so KUDOS to you guys!

I feel like you can't farm sleeks necessarily like you used to, but you have a more reliable power ceiling for your character and you get started quicker instead of the 10-20+ hours of searching for your spot. The only thing I'm not understanding is... Do barrier hints reset if you don't gather it after any amount of time? And if not, doesn't that defeat the purpose of a mage getting #### on with a bad spot? If so, how long does that hint take to reset?... and are there any ways we as players can *make* it reset instead of waiting?

I got a spot that is just undoable for my character that I just seem stuck with now. I was hoping discussing for an aura and going back to barrier would possibly give me a new hint to no avail. Once a character reaches this point, it seems a little hopeless. Any advice or enlightenment is much appreciated!

-Trip

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply It isn't 100% and it isn't "making" a reset but., Kalageadon, 28-May-15 09:39 PM, #6
Reply RE: Question about sleek hints!, Destuvius, 28-May-15 03:08 PM, #1
     Reply Thanks for the reply brother... I emailed you instead n..., TripHitNdip (Anonymous), 28-May-15 03:18 PM, #2
     Reply Additional question: Barrier Attunement, TripHitNdip (Anonymous), 28-May-15 05:26 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Additional question: Barrier Attunement, Destuvius, 28-May-15 06:31 PM, #4
               Reply Yeah I figured that much, TripHitNdip (Anonymous), 28-May-15 06:41 PM, #5
               Reply You can pick the kind of wand now, incognito, 29-May-15 03:42 AM, #7
                    Reply Ahh, thanks bro., TripHitNdip (Anonymous), 29-May-15 07:28 AM, #9
               Reply Followup Question: re: attunement edges, Sarien, 29-May-15 06:44 AM, #8
                    Reply Yes., Kalageadon, 29-May-15 04:24 PM, #10

KalageadonThu 28-May-15 09:39 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1049 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59395, "It isn't 100% and it isn't "making" a reset but."
In response to Reply #0

If you populate your wand by walking by it and if someone else picks it up the spot will reset. This doesn't matter if it's right that instant, as in, someone you're with, or later on during that log in, possibly even after.

DestuviusThu 28-May-15 03:08 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59388, "RE: Question about sleek hints!"
In response to Reply #0

If you think you found a buggy spot, put it on the bugboard and shoot an email to the staff so we can look into it.

As far spots resetting when you don't get them, I don't think thats an option. I would also be curious to know what spot you think is undoable because we just made a lot of changes to some of the "really difficult" spots to make them more manageable and it is possible that we missed one.

TripHitNdip (Anonymous)Thu 28-May-15 03:18 PM
Charter member
#59389, "Thanks for the reply brother... I emailed you instead n..."
In response to Reply #1

nt

TripHitNdip (Anonymous)Thu 28-May-15 05:26 PM
Charter member
#59391, "Additional question: Barrier Attunement"
In response to Reply #1

The attunement edges were amazing pre-change. A whole other spot that was always in was game changing.

Does taking it now simply give you another hint *reliably* or as the helpfile says ... "Having one or more of these edges grants the magician an additional chance for a hint from a guildmaster for the location of a sleek rod."

Or does it give just a "chance" to get another hint? If so, do you guys think maybe the attunement edges are maybe too expensive post sleek system change?

DestuviusThu 28-May-15 06:31 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#59392, "RE: Additional question: Barrier Attunement"
In response to Reply #3

It spawns you a second sleek rod spot, just like in the old system. So you will have 2 available barriers that rotate instead of just 1.

TripHitNdip (Anonymous)Thu 28-May-15 06:41 PM
Charter member
#59394, "Yeah I figured that much"
In response to Reply #4

Was just curious if you got the hint often from the guildmaster, the helpfile says you have a chance of him telling you. I was just hoping the "chance" wasn't like 1/5 discuss guildmaster barrier's

incognitoFri 29-May-15 03:42 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59397, "You can pick the kind of wand now"
In response to Reply #5

So if you have 2 barrier slots there's a 1 in 2 chance of getting the right hint.

In terms of your location, I don't think they are all meant to be gathered solo. I know that I got stuck with the same sleek location for maybe 100 hours and died twice getting it. But eventually I got it.

Obviously magi who for some reason have very restricted grouping options have a harder time than others but it is still doable. Eventually. On the bright side limited wands are more viable under the new system. That's because most magi are happy to use sleeks since they can get groups. So limited wands are the best plan for magi that can't get groups to clear a tough location.

However, if you do have to clear a tough location then it is worth preparing with as much limited prepage as you can muster.

TripHitNdip (Anonymous)Fri 29-May-15 07:28 AM
Charter member
#59399, "Ahh, thanks bro."
In response to Reply #7

Wasn't thinking that the "chance" would be the first hint *or* the second hint so either/or. Was praying I didn't spend my edge points on barrier attunement to have the hint only come up every so often.

<3

SarienFri 29-May-15 06:44 AM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
#59398, "Followup Question: re: attunement edges"
In response to Reply #4

If you have two spots available, does it reduce the "request timer" for that type of wand? Ergo could you have 2 tasks for 2 sleek black wands at the same time?

KalageadonFri 29-May-15 04:24 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1049 posts
#59400, "Yes."
In response to Reply #8

You can have 2 tasks that will each result in a sleek black but only one wand can be gathered at a time. It will then be some time before you can go and gather the other, if I recall correctly. But, this isn't an overly long period.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #59387 Previous topic | Next topic