Subject: "I need your feedback!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #59004
Show all folders

TorakThu 30-Apr-15 02:20 AM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59004, "I need your feedback!"

So I found out next week, I'm going to get to stream on Twitch's front page for a promotional game release... and I thought it'd be a good idea to make a CF video for my Twitch Channel.

So in all its glory... here you have it - an Introduction to Carrionfields!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiMq4SNedFA

Give me feedback and I might do another run at it before I post it to my Twitch page.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Awesome., Swordsosaurus, 30-Apr-15 04:41 PM, #13
Reply nice.....but...., Odrirg, 30-Apr-15 03:13 PM, #10
Reply Maybe create a stickied link for this in the new player..., Elerosse, 30-Apr-15 01:59 PM, #8
Reply Yep, done..., Twist, 30-Apr-15 04:03 PM, #12
Reply Looks good! ~, Elerosse, 30-Apr-15 01:55 PM, #6
Reply RE: I need your feedback!, incognito, 30-Apr-15 10:30 AM, #5
Reply This is great., Deaerax (Anonymous), 30-Apr-15 10:10 AM, #4
Reply Good job., Umiron, 30-Apr-15 09:19 AM, #3
Reply Feel free to use it on the site, Torak, 30-Apr-15 01:58 PM, #7
     Reply Stickied on the New Player Forum..., Twist, 30-Apr-15 04:02 PM, #11
          Reply Yup its fine, Torak, 30-Apr-15 08:59 PM, #14
Reply Awesome, Twist, 30-Apr-15 08:50 AM, #2
Reply wow dude. way to step up and do it! nt, Dallevian, 30-Apr-15 08:36 AM, #1
     Reply RE: wow dude. way to step up and do it! nt, marintok, 30-Apr-15 02:40 PM, #9

SwordsosaurusThu 30-Apr-15 04:41 PM
Member since 16th May 2010
295 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59017, "Awesome."
In response to Reply #0

I'll keep an eye out for new comers to help out.

I like the Dhalsim Megaman.

OdrirgThu 30-Apr-15 03:13 PM
Member since 16th Oct 2004
431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59014, "nice.....but...."
In response to Reply #0

A question my wife asked, leads me to think you might add some explanation of the sand - box nature of the game....room for people who want to get deep into rp, for people who want to min-max and craft builds for pvp (pk), room for people to explore and do quests and solve riddles and find secret loot.... or do all of them at different times.....

Also how the inter-cabal politicking can be player driven to a much larger extent than other games.

ElerosseThu 30-Apr-15 01:59 PM
Member since 01st Nov 2006
423 posts
#59012, "Maybe create a stickied link for this in the new player..."
In response to Reply #0

nt

TwistThu 30-Apr-15 04:03 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#59016, "Yep, done..."
In response to Reply #8

I had been waiting to hear back from Torak to make sure he'd be ok with that, but given his post below, looks like he is.

ElerosseThu 30-Apr-15 01:55 PM
Member since 01st Nov 2006
423 posts
#59010, "Looks good! ~"
In response to Reply #0

nt

incognitoThu 30-Apr-15 10:30 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59009, "RE: I need your feedback!"
In response to Reply #0

I like it.

Would be good if you could somehow include a couple of logs of past fights, picked for being interesting.

Maybe a 1 v 1 and maybe a group v group raid?

Deaerax (Anonymous)Thu 30-Apr-15 10:10 AM
Charter member
#59008, "This is great."
In response to Reply #0

I have been discussing a similar thing with another heroimm. This is an outline for other things to cover if you are interested in making another one. Otherwise I might get around to it eventually. Thanks for making something like this.

Stats at a glance:
Wis - gives your practices/mana/saves.
Int - gives you practice %/mana/saves.
Str - carry weight / damage / parry
Dex - Carry amount / dodge / AC
Cha - Bards and Conjurers need but at the moment not very useful to other classes.
Con - Gives you hp, resist disease/poison
Damageroll, hitroll, AC, Saves, Resistances.

You pretty much covered this one: A basic moving around tutorial, scan, look, scan all, consider, etc.

Combat tutorial, how lag works, how dying works and how to get your gear back.

Maybe just how in general to find shops in game, how merchants work,
bartering. The stuff in the help file they may look over.

RP command/communication tutorial, emote (a short explanation on what sort of things to include in an emote and what things to avoid), esay (basic example of when to use it and how to use it), role command,
notes, tells, prays.

Above and beyond items:
Class tutorials: Explanation of what certain abilities do in general for a specific class. Not so in depth and try to avoid opinion items but enough to start them off. (Things like: Second and third attack are good because they give you more opportunities to melee an opponent as a melee class.)

Maybe even a generic items tutorial. Types of items, how to use them, what restricts you from using them, identify & lore, etc.

UmironThu 30-Apr-15 09:19 AM
Member since 29th May 2017
1497 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59007, "Good job."
In response to Reply #0

Figuring out what to cover in the elevator pitch intro to CF is something we've never really figured out, but I think you've done a pretty good job here. I'll echo Twist in that your narrative kept things interesting and certainly communicated your enthusiasm for the game. And ultimately, that enthusiasm and passion is more important than talking about one nuance of the game versus another.

TorakThu 30-Apr-15 01:58 PM
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59011, "Feel free to use it on the site"
In response to Reply #3

Little frontpage action?

Feedback seems great so I'll probably leave it as is. I can always make follow-ups if folks want on other topics but redoing that 30min intro would probably take the enthusiasm and spontaneous parts out of it.

TwistThu 30-Apr-15 04:02 PM
3431 posts
#59015, "Stickied on the New Player Forum..."
In response to Reply #7

...I actually sent you a private message to make sure you wouldn't mind me doing so, this morning. But since you posted this, I figured I'd just go ahead!

TorakThu 30-Apr-15 08:59 PM
1216 posts
#59021, "Yup its fine"
In response to Reply #11

Still wouldn't mind front page How many folks hit the front page and don't get to the new player forum... probably a lot. (Do you guys use Google Analytics to watch that kind of thing?)

TwistThu 30-Apr-15 08:50 AM
3431 posts
#59006, "Awesome"
In response to Reply #0

I'm 15 minutes into your video and it's great. The commentary you provide is really nice - stuff like "I'm Introductus the Scrapper, because I'm *scrappy*!" adds so much.

It would be so easy to have a walkthrough like this be a boring, droning thing, but you add personality and it's really good.

I was dismayed to watch you train STR three times with a 17 WIS! But then I remembered that a newbie going through the Academy will end up with eq to bump up to 18. (Flashbacks to when I rolled Twist (human mage) and sat with a 16 INT until level 29 when someone noticed me practicing acid blast 3 times.)

Very nice work, I really appreciate your video and the commentary.

DallevianThu 30-Apr-15 08:36 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
#59005, "wow dude. way to step up and do it! nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

marintokThu 30-Apr-15 02:40 PM
Member since 23rd Nov 2014
70 posts
#59013, "RE: wow dude. way to step up and do it! nt"
In response to Reply #1

I can try and screen capture a fight and raid and such, since I don't care who knows who I am..... You could use my video maybe. Up to you put it up as a second video or something.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #59004 Previous topic | Next topic