Subject: "Full Mystic Path" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #58769
Show all folders

Curious Thief (Anonymous)Mon 16-Mar-15 08:37 AM
Charter member
#58769, "Full Mystic Path"

I was curious if I could gather any information on if there's possibly any hidden general/specific bonuses to the Mystic path if you go all the way to arcane vision?

Or if there's maybe any added extra skill perks for perfected skills?

I'm not asking which or what, because there's fun in that. But with the lack of edges like they used to be, preplanning a thief build has to be completely precise.

Any love is appreciated!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Mystic Path, Saersha (Anonymous), 17-Mar-15 03:06 PM, #5
Reply There was a post recently about its affects, Torak, 17-Mar-15 04:41 PM, #6
Reply Rain on the parade, Torak, 16-Mar-15 11:00 AM, #1
     Reply What races?, Curious Thief (Anonymous), 16-Mar-15 11:41 AM, #2
     Reply I think I even did it with an elf, Torak, 16-Mar-15 10:37 PM, #3
     Reply This. , Demos, 17-Mar-15 12:33 PM, #4

Saersha (Anonymous)Tue 17-Mar-15 03:06 PM
Charter member
#58780, "Mystic Path"
In response to Reply #0

Scrolls and arcane lore are great. Mystic path scroll efficiency is terrific.

Glimpse is neat, good for exploring. There were a few unpickable chests I never found the key for, but I know what's in there anyway.

Depending on your playstyle, both the veils can be useful. Secrecy for keeping your goods... secret, souls for espionage. I think veil of souls was upgraded to work against the twitchy edge and danger sense maybe?

Lore of the ages is useful at hero range, where a lot of people will have high powered magic weapons.

Infiltrate is not very good. I went mystic path because of infiltrate, I was thoroughly disappointed with it. I did enjoy the path though. Funny how things work out. I used infiltrate for RP purposes only.

Despite multiple people asking me to hypnotize them so they could see the affects, none of them passed the information along to me. I didn't pk either, so I have no clue how good/bad it is.

Arcane vision is detect invis/magic on a stick. Great for the lazy. If I wanted to try hypnotize out again, I'd probably spend 2 points for arcane vision to cut out the weight of detect invis preps. The detect magic part will help you see if lore of the ages will kick in as well.

TorakTue 17-Mar-15 04:41 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58781, "There was a post recently about its affects"
In response to Reply #5

It's pretty bad... you can probably search for specifics.

TorakMon 16-Mar-15 11:00 AM
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58770, "Rain on the parade"
In response to Reply #0

If there's anything here of value above lore of the ages, I never saw it across three thieves who took the whole path. Very lackluster. Lore of the ages wasn't bad, as well as the general scroll use improvement.

Curious Thief (Anonymous)Mon 16-Mar-15 11:41 AM
Charter member
#58771, "What races?"
In response to Reply #1

Were any of them Drow? I'm wondering if int maybe effects their skills greatly.

And also, for the hell of it, did you perfect the skills to see if anything different happened like how some of the other paths work?

TorakMon 16-Mar-15 10:37 PM
1216 posts
#58774, "I think I even did it with an elf"
In response to Reply #2

It was awhile ago, but I either was arial (23 int), drow or elf. I think I got hypnotize to high 90s but then was told nothing happens when it is perfected. Lore perfected real quick and is nice, the rest, not so much. It's really only worth it for the scrolls.. you're spending a whole lot of points for RP skills that do nothing really.

DemosTue 17-Mar-15 12:33 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2003
211 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58777, "This. "
In response to Reply #1

I couldn't stomach it all the way. This is almost three years ago though and I feel like it's been adjusted for some reason.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #58769 Previous topic | Next topic