Subject: "[EMPIRE] Parqun the Hymnist, Imperial Blade" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #56916
Show all folders

Parqun (Anonymous)Thu 09-Oct-14 06:43 PM
Charter member
#56916, "[EMPIRE] Parqun the Hymnist, Imperial Blade"
Edited on Thu 09-Oct-14 06:44 PM

At lvl 28, you won't get a death thread, so I made my own!

Sorry I deleted Parqun, but after a bit of playing with arial/bard, I think they need some love (At least the psychological insight edge) to be back to fun.

Empire:
I know you liked to see a bard amongst you, but well, I'm not a well playing char anyway, you have not lost a lot. I wanted to make Parqun last, but the fun gone as soon as I knew the edges I liked to get are not gettable for arial bards.
Emperor: Thanks for all the time and all the things you got for Parqun. I started bard blade, just to be your help, but made a wrong choice with my race.
Azlynn: Sorry to leave you like this. Bash them all and trip a few times on behalf of Parqun. I wish you were awake when I explored Trothon just before the delete. You could have fun!

Fenx:
I didn't really raged to you. I was going to delete anyway. You were Parqun's only PK, so I thought maybe I can give you a chance to revenge. I didn't play weak at all, and I was going to kill you again, if I could, but well, I did make a big mistake in the last fight.

Other: Don't loot when the kill is not yours! It double ruins others' days.

p.s. Could move it to Battlefield? I couldn't post there.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply No problem, and I apologize., Fenx (Anonymous), 10-Oct-14 07:02 AM, #5
Reply RE: [EMPIRE] Parqun the Hymnist, Imperial Blade, lasentia, 09-Oct-14 09:53 PM, #1
     Reply You should be wrong here, Parqun (Anonymous), 10-Oct-14 03:22 AM, #2
          Reply Can't compare wood to arial, laxman, 10-Oct-14 06:10 AM, #3
          Reply Somehow right, but ..., Parqun (Anonymous), 10-Oct-14 06:43 AM, #4
          Reply My recollection, incognito, 10-Oct-14 10:34 AM, #6

Fenx (Anonymous)Fri 10-Oct-14 07:02 AM
Charter member
#56922, "No problem, and I apologize."
In response to Reply #0

I should not have been angry with you. Really my frustration was due to the low pbase, and the systematic boredom that results from it. Having the entire empire trying to find me/fog me/stop me from regaining the head was fun and all, and I did have fun fighting with you.

On the other hand, after facing those odds and predictably losing having the single most decked out character in the game loot the 1 piece of decent limited gear I actually had just left a huge sour taste in my mouth. I guess the Emperor must've REALLY needed that rainbow runner shell . But, thats his bad karma, not yours and I shouldn't have pressed the issue with you.

lasentiaThu 09-Oct-14 09:53 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56918, "RE: [EMPIRE] Parqun the Hymnist, Imperial Blade"
In response to Reply #0

That edge just helps negate int bases bonuses to resist. So it only helps against elven races and gnomes and arials really. That edge really is alright, but hardly a must have for a bard to be playable. Especially in empire.

Parqun (Anonymous)Fri 10-Oct-14 03:22 AM
Charter member
#56919, "You should be wrong here"
In response to Reply #1

Psychological Insight - High Int - Bonus to songs based on INT. This one is what I wanted.
Erode Confidence - Auto-demoralize during combat. I also wanted this.

Psychological Insight gives a very good bonus to your songs. Even obvious on a wood-elf where 23-int is not much higher than 22-cur. On a 22-int/18-chr char should have a much greater effect. Although I had PERFECTED most of my songs, they still had not much effect. My wood-elf had MUCH better results.

laxmanFri 10-Oct-14 06:10 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#56920, "Can't compare wood to arial"
In response to Reply #2

arial has lowest charisma of bard races, wood has highest.

It's the equivalent of comparing gnome and giant bash success.

Parqun (Anonymous)Fri 10-Oct-14 06:43 AM
Charter member
#56921, "Somehow right, but ..."
In response to Reply #3

Other aspects are not that different.

And well,human/halfie has best charisma, just for the records!

incognitoFri 10-Oct-14 10:34 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56923, "My recollection"
In response to Reply #2

Is that psychological insight is to help you overcome the high int of a listener, rather than making your songs uniformly stronger.

I've played an elf bard with and without it and it didn't seem to make a difference against dumb enemies, but it did help a bit against the high int enemies that tended to be harder to land songs on.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #56916 Previous topic | Next topic