Subject: "Wights, their claws, and defense." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #54251
Show all folders

AereglenThu 20-Feb-14 02:07 PM
Member since 23rd Apr 2011
476 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54251, "Wights, their claws, and defense."
Edited on Thu 20-Feb-14 02:13 PM

I love the new wight system. I've always wanted to hero a necro, but never have been good enough to complete the mummy or lich quests. I want to try a wight, even moreso after the recent change giving them a hp boost upon becoming like liches and mummies get. I will likely try one out once I get enough ambition to try another necromancer and come up with a role I would enjoy playing, but I have one slight issue with wights that just doesn't make any sense to me.

Why would a wight give up their only defense skill, parry, to use their claw attacks? I think it would be a good idea to give them ironhands, or some necroy equivalent. I like the whole idea of the savage beast-like creatures that wights are, and it's super cool that a necro can turn into one of these. It's ripe for a whole new angle of necro-roles, to me anyway. To me it's uber-cool points if someone were to go the claw route instead of the route that *every* necro that survives becoming, which is the sword of zurcon. Though I highly doubt anyone ever will, myself included, if it means having no defenses. In my opinion it would be fair if they had something like ironhands. I think I fought all the wights that have been so far, and remember feeling bad for how much of a pushover they were.

So much for the rantings of a madman. What do you all think about this?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

N b MMon 24-Feb-14 01:59 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2005
444 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54324, "RE: Wights, their claws, and defense."
In response to Reply #0

I disagree.

Give them dodge upon successful wighting. The minimal hp boost and a new defensive skill that they can practice up. Hell, you could even take away the hp boost and just give them dodge to supplement all the other bonus's the other becomings give.

It would go along with them being more savage and allow them to use their claw attacks in certain situations (being disarmed etc.).

Anti-HeroMon 24-Feb-14 01:44 PM
Member since 19th Sep 2013
64 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54323, "I like this idea."
In response to Reply #0

Makes them seem more wightish. Or something along those lines.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #54251 Previous topic | Next topic