Subject: "Residents of Hamsah Mu'tazz" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #5252
Show all folders

ScarabaeusWed 21-Jul-04 12:13 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5252, "Residents of Hamsah Mu'tazz"

While I'm in the process of adding some new things to the city, I'm open to suggestions for additional items (or services) that could be sold in the city shops. If you think there's something missing that you'd like to see available, either respond here or send email to scarabaeus@carrionfields.com. Thanks.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Residents of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Spifficator, 28-Jul-04 02:14 PM, #38
Reply RE: Residents of Hamsah Mu'tazz, (NOT Graatch), 28-Jul-04 02:28 PM, #39
Reply RE: Residents of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Scarabaeus, 28-Jul-04 03:28 PM, #40
     Reply RE: Residents of Hamsah Mu'tazz, (NOT Graatch), 28-Jul-04 04:07 PM, #41
          Reply Yep! And let's just say he's cute too! n/t, Evil Genius (Anonymous), 28-Jul-04 04:23 PM, #42
Reply How about a Jeweler?, Pendragon_Surtr, 27-Jul-04 02:18 PM, #35
Reply RE: How about a Jeweler?, Scarabaeus, 27-Jul-04 10:14 PM, #36
     Reply Just implement your alchemists allready. I want potions..., Larcat, 28-Jul-04 07:04 AM, #37
Reply Oh also, Phaistus, 23-Jul-04 01:35 AM, #30
Reply Barter only shops nt, SandDemon, 22-Jul-04 10:44 PM, #29
Reply RE: Residents of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Narissa, 22-Jul-04 09:31 PM, #26
Reply RE: Residents of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 22-Jul-04 02:19 PM, #19
Reply massive mage tower bad idea, incognito, 23-Jul-04 07:09 AM, #31
Reply RE: Residents of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Larshalv, 22-Jul-04 02:19 PM, #18
Reply RE: Residents of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Warlock_Magi, 22-Jul-04 01:22 PM, #15
Reply RE: conjurers, Scarabaeus, 22-Jul-04 02:32 PM, #20
     Reply RE: conjurers, SandDemon, 22-Jul-04 03:37 PM, #22
     Reply You could do it like Seantryn paladin guild, (NOT Graatch), 22-Jul-04 03:37 PM, #23
     Reply RE: You could do it like Seantryn paladin guild, Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 22-Jul-04 03:46 PM, #25
          Reply RE: You could do it like Seantryn paladin guild, (NOT Graatch), 22-Jul-04 10:27 PM, #27
               Reply RE: You could do it like Seantryn paladin guild, Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 22-Jul-04 10:39 PM, #28
     Reply But then why can a conjurer be from Hamsah? nt, Vladamir, 23-Jul-04 05:57 PM, #33
Reply Guided camel tours through the Sands of Sorrow. nt., Wilhath, 22-Jul-04 12:35 PM, #14
Reply Home of the Desert Life, SandDemon, 22-Jul-04 11:30 AM, #12
Reply RE: a couple comments, Scarabaeus, 22-Jul-04 11:56 AM, #13
     Reply RE: a couple comments, SandDemon, 22-Jul-04 01:24 PM, #16
Reply Food, Phaistus, 22-Jul-04 01:17 AM, #6
Reply RE: Food, Scarabaeus, 22-Jul-04 10:04 AM, #9
     Reply heh, Phaistus, 22-Jul-04 01:37 PM, #17
Reply You asked for it..., ORB, 22-Jul-04 12:18 AM, #5
Reply RE: You asked for it..., Scarabaeus, 22-Jul-04 10:03 AM, #8
Reply Hah., Little Timmy (Anonymous), 22-Jul-04 10:33 AM, #10
Reply Firenewt, Astillian, 22-Jul-04 02:55 PM, #21
Reply RE: Firenewt, Scarabaeus, 22-Jul-04 03:41 PM, #24
Reply I think I know how to use the firenewt charms, incognito, 23-Jul-04 07:11 AM, #32
Reply RE: You asked for it..., Doge, 24-Jul-04 01:32 PM, #34
Reply RE: You asked for it..., Cadothu, 01-Aug-04 08:51 PM, #43
Reply RE: You asked for it..., Evil Genius (Anonymous), 22-Jul-04 10:36 AM, #11
Reply RE: Residents of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Romanul, 21-Jul-04 05:09 PM, #3
Reply RE: scribe, Scarabaeus, 22-Jul-04 09:59 AM, #7
Reply Uhh yeah..., Odelius, 21-Jul-04 02:11 PM, #1
     Reply RE: pens and paper, Scarabaeus, 21-Jul-04 02:26 PM, #2
          Reply RE: pens and paper, Odelius, 21-Jul-04 05:12 PM, #4

SpifficatorWed 28-Jul-04 02:14 PM
Member since 03rd May 2004
5 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#5321, "RE: Residents of Hamsah Mu'tazz"
In response to Reply #0

Well...

You could always have specialized mercenaries that have different in-combat abilities, giving more flash, snaz, and sha-bang to merc buying. Or possibly even "famous" mercs, where only 1 exist, they're named, possibly wield weapons, etc.

"Oh no.. XYZ has BobTheMerc with him, he casts his invoker spells in combat with his owner."

"Interesting.. XYZ has SuzyTheMerc with him. Suzy is nice, singing songs of warmth and travel as she walks with her owner."

Graatch (inactive user)Wed 28-Jul-04 02:28 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #38

I think that's an out####ingstanding idea. I have no idea if it is feasible, and you'd have to consider levels and costs and all that - a specialized mercenary purchased by a level 15 pc should only be able to cast/do the spells/skills that someone in the teens can do, I would think - but I think it's a great way to add new elements to pking.

Of course, I can see the argument for allowing some level 15 punk who stumbles onto a huge pot of gold being able to then go buy a level 51 merc and having some real fun. Might ruin other people's fun though, to be bashed by a fire giant warrior and before you can flee be hit with an immolation. Bwahahahahahaha!

ScarabaeusWed 28-Jul-04 03:28 PM
1524 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5324, "RE: Residents of Hamsah Mu'tazz"
In response to Reply #38

Believe it or not, this already exists.

Graatch (inactive user)Wed 28-Jul-04 04:07 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #40

Well, sure, but readily available? We're not talking about Dis here....

Evil Genius (inactive user)Wed 28-Jul-04 04:23 PM
Charter member
#5326, "Yep! And let's just say he's cute too! n/t"
In response to Reply #41

>Well, sure, but readily available? We're not talking about
>Dis here....

Pendragon_SurtrTue 27-Jul-04 02:18 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
193 posts
#5316, "How about a Jeweler?"
In response to Reply #0

I know, there is one already, but he doesn't buy or sell anything. How about giving him an upgrade? He could sell crystals, agates, amethyst, etc.

ScarabaeusTue 27-Jul-04 10:14 PM
1524 posts
#5317, "RE: How about a Jeweler?"
In response to Reply #35

How many players are going to be buying crystals, agates, and amethysts?

Now, there is another reason we might want those, but that's not released yet...

LarcatWed 28-Jul-04 07:03 AM
495 posts
#5319, "Just implement your alchemists allready. I want potions..."
In response to Reply #36
Edited on Wed 28-Jul-04 07:04 AM

nt

"New payment options w/ Iron Realms"

PhaistusFri 23-Jul-04 01:35 AM
Member since 27th Aug 2003
186 posts
#5287, "Oh also"
In response to Reply #0

Maybe have a thief bartender like the one in Galadon?

SandDemonThu 22-Jul-04 10:44 PM
Member since 12th Apr 2004
101 posts
#5286, "Barter only shops nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Despite the fact that my weapons and armor are in desperate need of repair, I blow the entire king's reward on Ale and Whores!

NarissaThu 22-Jul-04 09:31 PM
Member since 04th May 2003
279 posts
#5283, "RE: Residents of Hamsah Mu'tazz"
In response to Reply #0

1. Larger Inn (3x3 area) for black market, merc hiring, gambling, trading near along the edge of the center market or even outside. You know it already have these services but felt they were wrongly located. More like for sailors, traveling merchants and caravans to stop and refresh themselves.

2. Gypsies, fortune-telling kind of services. Unless that girl apothecary is supposed to be that. Theme-fit as gypies are traveling kind of merchants.

3. Waterhole for camel drinking on the outskirts towards the south gate. This is for those who are entering/leaving Hamsah to refresh their mounts. Of course adventures can drink there too. From point 1, maybe a makeshift Inn type before entering the city.

4. Scions got to move to somewhere more sinister. Their place is the most accessible. Perhaps put it further south near kireen place or red cliffs.

5. I don't know why Harem, slave gals keep coming to mind.

6. The north/south outskirts path end just like that. Design/purpose? maybe the north one can be a small dock or something linking to the open sea? The south one can be a Pirate place. Oh wait, there's the cove already. Maybe along that line or both linking together.

Off the top of my head. Not organized. Hope they help.

Circuits Edge (inactive user)Thu 22-Jul-04 02:19 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0

1. an absolutely massive mage tower. like seantryn one, but MASSIVE. like massive.

2. rat trap locator.

3. more mob progs.

4. possibly upgrade various gear.

5. more shopkeepers inside guilds. ie. recently redone bard guild. selling goodness in all shapes and sizes.

6. secret entrance from thief guild that leads to somewhere outside the city, other than the masons guild or whatever it was. maybe one for assassins too.

7. scrolls/potions of return.

8. sea serpent/sahuagin armor shop.

9. armor/weapon merchants that actually buy things.

10. change the temple to look more like a mosque? and add a mosque tower.

11. remove all food shops and put them all in a centrally located massive, like massive, bazaar. no rooms, just stands everywhere. might be a separate area like galadon docks. and speaking of galadon docks; hey, where are the ships?

12. ancient artifacts salesman. artifacts change each time. might be total crap or might be totally overpowered crap.

13. not really hamsah, but a bigger oasis in araile.

incognitoFri 23-Jul-04 07:09 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5288, "massive mage tower bad idea"
In response to Reply #19

Having a massive mage tower in, or even near, Hamsah, would probably not suit the history of the city and its surroundings. Ever wonder how the desert got there?...

LarshalvThu 22-Jul-04 02:19 PM
96 posts
#5274, "RE: Residents of Hamsah Mu'tazz"
In response to Reply #0

1# If your making an dock with ships how about that you can hire on one to protect and serve? or raid and plunder!... har har har... Ive always wanted to be a pirate.

2# Make a thiefs nest under the city.. Trading cities where always a huge den of thiefs/mercenarys/merchant guilds and such.
Alternate with perhaps a newbie quest where you can ither rid the city of the problem by disposing of some thiefs...ei five or so. Or helping them dispose of some of their problems.. Would be very interesting.

3# Make the library bigger, in connection with the scribe idea. Perhaps even put in something the scribe can do. Ei help you create a scroll of somesuch power.. or have him tell you of how you might do something. Ive attempted using the research skill in the libraries but Ive had little luck.. Would be nice to research some more obscure things...

4# Trading part of the city, with tents and such. Sort of a random merchant thing. Ei lets say there are 5-10 tents perm, but they have different merchants at different days of the month. Ei 10 first days you have a merchant that sells one type of meat. And have another merchant take over the next 10 days. Would make the nomadic merchant thing suit the city and its souroundings. Not shure how this is to put in... Im guessing hard.!... *cough*

5# With the docs, pay for a ferry to ither archam or seantryn. Outrageous price, but would save you alot of moves. And quick ferry.

Ps!. thanks for a great game... these are just ideas so dont kill them all at once.
LH

Warlock_MagiThu 22-Jul-04 01:22 PM
26 posts
#5271, "RE: Residents of Hamsah Mu'tazz"
In response to Reply #0

A conjurer's guild. I noticed I was looking around for one the other day as a conjurer with a Hamsah/Desert background, yet there isn't one there. That's my only real suggestion, after reading everyone else's.

ScarabaeusThu 22-Jul-04 02:32 PM
1524 posts
#5276, "RE: conjurers"
In response to Reply #15

Story-wise, there's a reason for that. The whole Tailed Star quest (which introduced Conjurers to the game) had a foundation in the Sultans (through the ages) forbidding the practice of conjuring other-planar beings. I'd have a hard time fitting that into the plot at this point.

SandDemonThu 22-Jul-04 03:37 PM
101 posts
#5278, "RE: conjurers"
In response to Reply #20

Have some type of Scion + Hamsah duke out since Sultan is getting angry at their near presence.

Despite the fact that my weapons and armor are in desperate need of repair, I blow the entire king's reward on Ale and Whores!

Graatch (inactive user)Thu 22-Jul-04 03:37 PM
Charter member
#5279, "You could do it like Seantryn paladin guild"
In response to Reply #20

Make it a hidden one. Underground in the sense of anti-government and secret. A conujuring master smuggled in to teach the guerilla magi. Rebel conjurers plotting to overthrow the Sultan's mage advisors who year after year advise the continued banishment of all things conjured....

Circuits Edge (inactive user)Thu 22-Jul-04 03:46 PM
Charter member
#5281, "RE: You could do it like Seantryn paladin guild"
In response to Reply #23

if you did it like that you might aswell make hamsah guards auto attack conjurers on sight.

Graatch (inactive user)Thu 22-Jul-04 10:27 PM
Charter member
#5284, "RE: You could do it like Seantryn paladin guild"
In response to Reply #25

Why? Seantryn guards don't attack paladins on sight. It's not udgaard.

Circuits Edge (inactive user)Thu 22-Jul-04 10:39 PM
Charter member
#5285, "RE: You could do it like Seantryn paladin guild"
In response to Reply #27

>Why? Seantryn guards don't attack paladins on sight. It's not
>udgaard.

no, but neither do udgaard guards attack conjies on sight. what's the point of having one guild missing, when you can just find the guildmaster hiding somewhere in the city with no risk to yourself whatsoever, unlike udgaard.

i'm not sure this was what you meant tho. but let's suppose you did, how about a conjurer mob hiding just outside the south gate, near some mini-oasis. i could picture an old dude in robes with some strange familiar next to him.

VladamirFri 23-Jul-04 05:57 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#5298, "But then why can a conjurer be from Hamsah? nt"
In response to Reply #20

nt

WilhathThu 22-Jul-04 12:35 PM
Member since 19th May 2003
528 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5270, "Guided camel tours through the Sands of Sorrow. nt."
In response to Reply #0

SandDemonThu 22-Jul-04 11:30 AM
101 posts
#5267, "Home of the Desert Life"
In response to Reply #0

1) Always curious why the Temple of yours wasn't in Hamsah - it's your town, your statue is worshipped in the temple, you've been seen numerous times in the Sultan's castle. Just move in, make for a fun meeting place of Scions, Scarabs and Imperials

2) Some type of ranking area? Ya I know I mentioned this below, but more intown ranking areas would be neat. Like a Hamsah barracks or something. It would also promote the city a lot more as a place to be instead of Galadon. Maybe even a newbie ranking area.

3) Extend the docks a bit with more ships and such? I always thought of Hamsah like a bustling desert city of trade. You'd think you'd have more ships at the docks and more sellers yelling auctions in the market (like the Arena in the past)

4) Sewers - plain and simple, all that camel dung has to go somewhere.

5) Someone mentioned an Opium den - how about a big Inn-type room with pipes, visiting princes and a harem. Be a neat little chill spot.

6) Give tribunals the ability to pull a lever in their spot to lock the doors of Hamsah. Be kind of neat and a tactical thing for Tribunal which seems reasonable.

7) I'm assuming you're extending the Sultan's place.

8) Can't remember if it's obsidian or not, but in the sands south there is a marker that explains a bit of the story of the outlining areas. Maybe add more "story" type of facets to the city since the background isn't usually that well known.

9) Someone said camel races, but I think a betting arena would be neat. Two players agree and the match is announced to the city. People come and place bets and buy tickets before the timer runs out and can watch the event but aren't affected by the two participating players (dont know how hard that would be to code) who enter the Desert Pit, a small little arena Gladiator style and fight to the death or surrender. Winner receives a % of the bets and some ticket gold. I think it would give a lot more fun to the "mercenary" side of Hamsah and use bounties, etc.

Hamsah has and probably will be the most...ruthless city, but a place where you seriously have to watch yourself because of the guards/gates in the city. Try and think of things that will draw people together in a semi-safe way, but still give the ability for a showdown in the marketplace.

That's all I can think of right now

ScarabaeusThu 22-Jul-04 11:56 AM
1524 posts
#5268, "RE: a couple comments"
In response to Reply #12

#2 - Someone one mentioned to me they were afraid to fight the citizens of HM because they thought the guards might assist. I wonder if everyone's aware that doesn't happen.

#3 - Hey, I keep offering up a docks area to incoming Heroimms and no one will take me up on it. Pirates, man, pirates.

#6 - You realize, for like six years you guys have had the ability to work the gates yourselves.

#7 - Yes.

#8 - I dunno. There's a lot in the descriptions of the city. I can take a look again though.

#9 - I'm more sold on camel races, personally. I like having the ability to gamble in the game, and having that ability de-centralized. Plus, it's just fun.

SandDemonThu 22-Jul-04 01:24 PM
101 posts
#5272, "RE: a couple comments"
In response to Reply #13

>#2 - Someone one mentioned to me they were afraid to fight
>the citizens of HM because they thought the guards might
>assist. I wonder if everyone's aware that doesn't happen.

Then there's the issue of chasing around citizens who can walk anywhere, have different names, and repopping in a city with people. I meant more like a formal area, kind of like the Pirates part you mentioned.

>
>#3 - Hey, I keep offering up a docks area to incoming Heroimms
>and no one will take me up on it. Pirates, man, pirates.

Too cool if it went in, Arkham is the closest and is as scary as the Disneyland ride. Corte Isle is also nice though, but not visitor friendly.

>#6 - You realize, for like six years you guys have had the
>ability to work the gates yourselves.

Yes I know, but I meant as a lockdown alarm. Thinking sirens, gates slam, shops close - that kinda thing. And not just one gate, but all 3 on one lever.

>#7 - Yes.

Cool, how about some level 51 group quests given by the Sultan?

>#8 - I dunno. There's a lot in the descriptions of the city.
>I can take a look again though.

Maybe more quests that aren't retreival style, like the Monastery one told by a desert storyteller...

>#9 - I'm more sold on camel races, personally. I like having
>the ability to gamble in the game, and having that ability
>de-centralized. Plus, it's just fun.

If I ever Imm, the Arena will someday see true Gladiator fights And I'd love to write a pirate area, heh.

PhaistusThu 22-Jul-04 01:17 AM
186 posts
#5261, "Food"
In response to Reply #0

I have always been kinda bummed about how unfilling the food in Hamsah is. For a city that is the center of all nomadic activity I would like to see really light and filling food.

ScarabaeusThu 22-Jul-04 10:04 AM
1524 posts
#5264, "RE: Food"
In response to Reply #6

I'm pretty sure the food is comparable to the other cities, but I'll take a look and make sure.

PhaistusThu 22-Jul-04 01:37 PM
186 posts
#5273, "heh"
In response to Reply #9

I just remember I had to eat 5 pita breads to get full as a human with a recent char. Think of the carbs!

ORBThu 22-Jul-04 12:18 AM
993 posts
#5260, "You asked for it..."
In response to Reply #0

Randomn Shop Ideas:

1. Exotic Pet Shop - ex. Parrot who ocassionaly repeats you, or tells you "*SQAWK* Your not a real Knight!", Giant turtle who can act like a very slow moving boat, Platapus just because, Camel that spits in the opponents eye, etc. Fun for RP.

2. An Engraver - For 10% of what the item cost is, you can have one line of text engraved on the item. The engraving would appear at the end of the item description. Not sure if this is feasable coding wise, but would be cool.

3. Opium Den -

4. Gnome Tinkers - A shop that sells gnomish inventions that will eventually malfunction and self destruct. (Would also love to see this as the coolest inherent ever). Ex, The Most wonderous spinning lantern of illumination - Once a day the user can unleash the spinning magnifying glass prism to unleash a blinding light that blinds all in the room, which also has a chance to blind the user.

5. Camel Races - With betting!

6. Someone who sells the key to that damned Sultan's treasure room!

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

ScarabaeusThu 22-Jul-04 10:03 AM
1524 posts
#5263, "RE: You asked for it..."
In response to Reply #5

#1 - Already in the works.

#2 - What would be the purpose of this? A means for you to track where an item went?

#3 - Drugs and prostitution keep getting mentioned (here and in email). I'll have to figure something out something tasteful for this line of thinking...

#4 - Hm. Has anyone even figured out how to use the firenewt charms that are for sale now?

#5 - I keep going back to this one. This will probably happen.

#6 - Um, no.

Little Timmy (inactive user)Thu 22-Jul-04 10:33 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #8

Those firenewt charms are weird. I need to experiment with them a little more. All I've been doing so far is getting hurt by them.

AstillianThu 22-Jul-04 02:55 PM
166 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#5277, "Firenewt"
In response to Reply #8

I believe I figured out how to use them. They can be handy in some situations if you know the odds of it happening to you are pretty good.

ScarabaeusThu 22-Jul-04 03:41 PM
1524 posts
#5280, "RE: Firenewt"
In response to Reply #21

I guess you could use them for that. Hm.

incognitoFri 23-Jul-04 07:11 AM
4495 posts
#5289, "I think I know how to use the firenewt charms"
In response to Reply #8

Just never liked the sensation.

DogeSat 24-Jul-04 01:32 PM
Member since 02nd Apr 2003
117 posts
#5299, "RE: You asked for it..."
In response to Reply #8

#3 - Drugs and prostitution keep getting mentioned (here and in email). I'll have to figure something out something tasteful for this line of thinking...

Well, what I would like to see in this one regard is stimulants and brothels that actually have an effect. For example, if you purchase the services of a prostitue, for good money of course, you might have some postive moral effect for some time. You also might get sick, it might not work etc. Stimulants could have also have effects that could, for example, help bards, deaden pain OR more negative ones like blurring vision or possible death. Even addiction could be wired in such that you might crave the substance. My point is that I think #3 has potential but it would need to be more than seeing hookers walk about and shoppie items classifed as treasure/junk.

I like the idea of a bazaar as well. It could be a smallish place where the items changed a bit and haggling/bartering would be the norm. I'd like to see guards patrolling the bazaar as well. The Sultan would appear to be an orderly type wanting his cut

The pirate idea seems a bit much tho. The Sultan does not (from what I can tell) like lawlessness per se and pirates are across the Dragon Sea. I'd rather see the ferry idea implemented.

CadothuSun 01-Aug-04 08:51 PM
Member since 01st Jul 2004
158 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5343, "RE: You asked for it..."
In response to Reply #8

#1 - I absolutely love the pets, the monkey especially! Hilarious!

Evil Genius (inactive user)Thu 22-Jul-04 10:36 AM
Charter member
In response to Reply #5

>Randomn Shop Ideas:

>5. Camel Races - With betting!

Damn, i was about to post the exact same thing.

RomanulWed 21-Jul-04 05:09 PM
114 posts
#5257, "RE: Residents of Hamsah Mu'tazz"
In response to Reply #0

A 'scribe' npc that does the following service:

When you type list you see the various types of letters/scrolls he can make, and the price of these. Should range from possibly the lowest to the highest in quality.

Okay, so then you 'buy' one of the types, but really you are buying a service. You then 'tell' or 'say' each line in the order you wish it to be written. Then when you 'tell' or 'say' something like 'stop', the scribe produces the scroll quality you ordered with the text written on it, and hands it to you.

Why would this be useful: Obviously, for people who don't have the pen skill, or who have forgotten to practice it and have run out of practices, and who need to pen sensitive-questy type stuff...it truly sucked having to get my chancellor to tell his scions to pen scrolls for him.

Perhaps also consider a change of how the pen skill is given, make it int-based instead of class based. Who is more likely to be able to write, a dark-elf warrior or a felar assassin?

ScarabaeusThu 22-Jul-04 09:59 AM
1524 posts
#5262, "RE: scribe"
In response to Reply #3

I like it. It wouldn't be cheap, but it could be useful. Thanks!

OdeliusWed 21-Jul-04 02:11 PM
Member since 26th Dec 2003
110 posts
#5253, "Uhh yeah..."
In response to Reply #0

Parchment and pens, please! I cant think of anything else right off the top of my head, but yeah.

Thanks.

You dont stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

ScarabaeusWed 21-Jul-04 02:26 PM
1524 posts
#5255, "RE: pens and paper"
In response to Reply #1

You can already purchase those things off the Street of Dahab.

OdeliusWed 21-Jul-04 05:12 PM
Member since 26th Dec 2003
110 posts
#5258, "RE: pens and paper"
In response to Reply #2

Right, well, I uhh... I'll just be shutting up now.

You dont stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #5252 Previous topic | Next topic