Subject: "Anti-observation system?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #50951
Show all folders

AereglenSun 08-Sep-13 07:31 PM
Member since 23rd Apr 2011
476 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50951, "Anti-observation system?"

Today a friend of mine who does not play CF anymore sent me what looks like a helpfile from carrionfields. It states that if you attempt to look at something in a room description that isn't there enough times, you will get an invisible timer that makes it so you won't get any observation points for the duration of that timer. Please tell me this isn't true, and if it is, please remove it.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Anti-observation system?, Daevryn, 25-Aug-13 10:33 AM, #2
Reply I hope it's very high., Tsunami, 25-Aug-13 12:12 PM, #3
Reply Yeah..., Valkenar, 25-Aug-13 02:42 PM, #4
     Reply That's why it concerns me., Aereglen, 26-Aug-13 12:57 PM, #6
Reply A question about a recent experience, Looker (Anonymous), 06-Sep-13 09:34 PM, #7
     Reply 500 is max for that place, KaguMaru, 07-Sep-13 05:53 AM, #8
     Reply Was it nerfed?, Murphy, 07-Sep-13 06:15 AM, #9
     Reply RE: A question about a recent experience, Daevryn, 06-Sep-13 11:03 PM, #11
          Reply Thanks, just seemed odd, Looker (Anonymous), 07-Sep-13 09:20 AM, #10
Reply Troll. Your 'friend' gives more misinformation than goo..., Lhydia, 25-Aug-13 10:20 AM, #1
     Reply Really? Seems like you're the troll., Aereglen, 26-Aug-13 12:55 PM, #5

DaevrynSun 25-Aug-13 10:33 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50953, "RE: Anti-observation system?"
In response to Reply #0

True. The threshold is high enough that it only really catches bots.

If you don't have a script that reads a room description and tries to look at literally every word in that description you don't need to worry about it.

TsunamiSun 25-Aug-13 12:12 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50954, "I hope it's very high."
In response to Reply #2

Because I do that trying to look at some #### I can't look at all the time. That number better be like 50.

ValkenarSun 25-Aug-13 02:42 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1203 posts
#50955, "Yeah..."
In response to Reply #3

I pretty routinely look at all of the reasonable (e.g. not "in" "on" "or"etc) words, including verbs. I've seen cases where unusual parts of speech lead to something so now I leave no stone unturned. I've probably been mistaken for a bot.

What I should probably do is store the successes somewhere for later recall. As it is, I usually forget which random word was something, so I just try them all.

AereglenMon 26-Aug-13 12:57 PM
476 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50959, "That's why it concerns me."
In response to Reply #4

When I'm exploring a new area I leave, as you said, no stone unturned. ALL THE STONES ARE TURNED! So I worry that it might think I'm actually a bot. I've easily examined 20+ different words in under a minute, so I hope the threshhold is high.

Looker (Anonymous)Fri 06-Sep-13 09:34 PM
Charter member
#51234, "A question about a recent experience"
In response to Reply #2

>True. The threshold is high enough that it only really
>catches bots.
>

I just went through That-Acacia looking at all the paintings, murals, tapestries, carpets, desks, tables, windows and mobs in every room and only got 500 observation points. Which seems low compared to other places with fewer rooms/things to look at. And it was my first time through and I typed out all the words each time (exa tapestries, etc..) -- no aliases, bots or the like. However, I did look at each of those things in each successive room.

Did I get caught by the threshold? or is there just that few observations points to be had there?

KaguMaruSat 07-Sep-13 05:53 AM
Member since 15th Sep 2012
805 posts
#51237, "500 is max for that place"
In response to Reply #7

I don't even bother looking at the extras now, just a few of the mobs

MurphySat 07-Sep-13 06:15 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#51238, "Was it nerfed?"
In response to Reply #8

Because I certainly remember getting more.

DaevrynSun 08-Sep-13 07:31 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#51236, "RE: A question about a recent experience"
In response to Reply #7

I don't think there's that much to be had there.

I may be wrong.

Looker (Anonymous)Sat 07-Sep-13 09:20 AM
Charter member
#51240, "Thanks, just seemed odd"
In response to Reply #11

After all, each of the rooms has a different mural, window, etc.. to look at compared to say the Coral Palace which has very little to look at yet I got more than 3 times as much observation experience in the Coral Palace, if memory serves correctly, and I didn't even go all the way through it - not even enough to get any exploration points (if there are any there).

But thanks to all for the feedback, I was just curious. Next time I won't spend the time/typing looking at everything there.

LhydiaSun 25-Aug-13 10:20 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2382 posts
#50952, "Troll. Your 'friend' gives more misinformation than goo..."
In response to Reply #0

gr

AereglenMon 26-Aug-13 12:55 PM
476 posts
#50958, "Really? Seems like you're the troll."
In response to Reply #1

See Daevryn's post.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #50951 Previous topic | Next topic