Subject: "Battlerager and Potions" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #49664
Show all folders

sezdralSun 19-May-13 05:15 AM
Member since 02nd Oct 2010
88 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49664, "Battlerager and Potions"

I saw from Eloril's post that it is hard coded that if you quaff stuff before, you are imm_only induct? Does this apply to pills/seaweed/using healers?
Thanks

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HomardSun 19-May-13 12:31 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49666, "Pills/Seaweed/Healers"
In response to Reply #0

Other than seaweed, none of my apps would take a pill. I'm also just not familiar enough with preps to just go popping random pills, lest they do contain a spell, which I assume most pills do.

So, hugs not drugs, I guess.

Seaweed is okay for apps and okay for Villagers, thankfully.

When it comes to using healers as an app, there are several different ways to play it. I generally only use a healer as an app when I mistakenly wield a cursed weapon. I also then make it a point to kill a mage ASAP to compensate for my stupidity. I don't use them for healing, poison, blindness, etc.

I don't think that using healers for healing hard-codes you to require an IMM-induct, but it may. Regardless of that, if you do use healers as an app (or an app-app) your enemies will post logs of it on the forums and you'll get the character off to a bad start regardless of where you end up.

Food for thought.

KalageadonSun 19-May-13 09:45 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1048 posts
#49665, "Presumptions "
In response to Reply #0

Well, I'm not privy to the code but healers are to be tolerated and I believe if they are at the shrine of your lord, or the village, can be used if in need.

Seaweed is lumped into pills which have magical effect or the non magic kind, so if you're eating a pill with magic effect then it is likely similar in nature to potions with a magical effect but the non magic seaweed is likely fine.

sezdralSun 19-May-13 12:48 PM
Member since 02nd Oct 2010
88 posts
#49667, "RE: Presumptions "
In response to Reply #1

basically no healers then. because at that level you 1) dont have access to the village, 2) probably dont have access to your god's shrine (i think most gods must recognise you before you get to use their healers)

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #49664 Previous topic | Next topic