Subject: "Really obscure rewards for players with habitual awesom..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #48162
Show all folders

RadeWed 19-Dec-12 11:58 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
157 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48162, "Really obscure rewards for players with habitual awesome characters?"

Obviously, I'm not one of those players.. but I was think about and started a thread on the other board about what 3 class abilities you'd pick if you could pick any to be the ultimate badass. IMHO there were some pretty interesting answers in there.

This is just one example, but I think it'd be fun to see a really high quality player actually get an option like that. A custom class. You pick your race and any X number of skills from any classes (possibly with some exceptions such as lich spells or something).

So I'm imagining Minyar/Trip/Isildur/etc playing a fire giant with the four following class abilities:

axe
unholy blessing
healing sleep
enhanced damage

And that's it. Nothing else. No parry, no dodge, etc. Just those four abilities that they got to choose.

Anyways, this is just one (mostly dumb) example but I thought I'd try to get a conversation going about some of the kinds of fun/interesting things that would hopefully be relatively easy to fix up and provide some interesting in-game things to happen.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply You should play shapeshifters for their versatile in-co..., DurNominator, 20-Dec-12 08:43 PM, #5
Reply RE: Really obscure rewards for players with habitual aw..., Isildur, 20-Dec-12 08:15 AM, #2
Reply RE: Really obscure rewards for players with habitual aw..., Rade, 20-Dec-12 08:56 AM, #4
Reply Your idea is as flawed as the players your listed as ex..., CD, 20-Dec-12 01:13 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Your idea is as flawed as the players your listed a..., Rade, 20-Dec-12 08:54 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Your idea is as flawed as the players your listed a..., Hehehe (Anonymous), 24-Dec-12 03:12 AM, #6
     Reply I gave up any hope of winning an RC, Voralian, 04-Jan-13 05:58 AM, #7

DurNominatorThu 20-Dec-12 08:43 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48179, "You should play shapeshifters for their versatile in-co..."
In response to Reply #0

nt

IsildurThu 20-Dec-12 08:15 AM
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48167, "RE: Really obscure rewards for players with habitual aw..."
In response to Reply #0

I promise you I'd make it look crappy.

RadeThu 20-Dec-12 08:56 AM
157 posts
#48169, "RE: Really obscure rewards for players with habitual aw..."
In response to Reply #2

It's supposed to be fun. If you only have 4 skills everyone can prep for whatever it is you're doing. The assumption is that with 4 skills the character will be fun/unique but not powergamey at all.

Anyways, the point wasn't necessarily about literally giving this reward to quality players, it was about broadening the horizon of the types of rewards that might even be possible.

CDThu 20-Dec-12 01:13 AM
Member since 05th Jul 2012
277 posts
#48164, "Your idea is as flawed as the players your listed as ex..."
In response to Reply #0

You listed something really dumb. And then backed up your reasoning with rewarding player of great quality with terrible examples(only 1 fits). If anything, Isildur is the only rationale one by a huge margin. You are way off base with the others. To consider them elite and worthy is just a testament of your flawed perspective.

RadeThu 20-Dec-12 08:54 AM
157 posts
#48168, "RE: Your idea is as flawed as the players your listed a..."
In response to Reply #1

I could've sworn Trip had immorted a few years ago. I know Minyar has played a bunch of cabal leaders, etc. Either way you missed the point entirely.

Hehehe (Anonymous)Mon 24-Dec-12 03:12 AM
Charter member
#48201, "RE: Your idea is as flawed as the players your listed a..."
In response to Reply #1

Someone sounds a little salty they didnt make the cut.

VoralianFri 04-Jan-13 05:58 AM
Member since 13th Dec 2011
291 posts
#48283, "I gave up any hope of winning an RC"
In response to Reply #1

I burnt myself out with a bunch of back to back rp intense characters
a few years ago. Orcs, Drow Necromancer, HumanAp Tattoo at level 16. Thror sent a sapper my way for one orc, Enlilth and Grobbak were pwn imms and umm.. I wasn't over Eshval.

Not even sure if I come up with a super quality character if it will be passed over. Came to a point where I feel like an asshat for the things I did and don't even bother. Thanks Baer by the way for interaction with my newb meelee class in the past few weeks. Busy with school and family so I can't play much.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #48162 Previous topic | Next topic