Subject: "Shocking!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #47033
Show all folders

VilhazarogThu 30-Aug-12 02:24 AM
Member since 30th Aug 2012
192 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47033, "Shocking!"

This MUD is still going strong after all these years... well done people, well done!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Who are you?, Tesline, 31-Aug-12 11:03 AM, #6
Reply empire imm from way way way way (like decade+ ago) back..., laxman, 31-Aug-12 11:37 AM, #7
     Reply way back machine, Scarabaeus, 31-Aug-12 01:42 PM, #8
          Reply Very cool! (NT), Beer, 31-Aug-12 02:12 PM, #9
          Reply There were dragon imms?, lasentia, 31-Aug-12 02:37 PM, #10
               Reply RE: There were dragon imms?, Scarabaeus, 31-Aug-12 02:52 PM, #11
               Reply Kind of like..., Tsunami, 31-Aug-12 04:10 PM, #12
                    Reply I haven't had time for Banana Slug, Scarabaeus, 31-Aug-12 04:16 PM, #13
                         Reply That's it..., Tsunami, 31-Aug-12 05:05 PM, #14
                         Reply There goes my current., Splntrd, 31-Aug-12 06:35 PM, #15
                         Reply ha!, Scarabaeus, 31-Aug-12 06:45 PM, #16
                         Reply I've been teetering on the edge of rolling. Will this p..., Stunna, 01-Sep-12 06:54 AM, #18
                         Reply What do you think about really unique high penalty - av..., Shapa, 02-Sep-12 08:20 AM, #20
                         Reply I'm receptive to it, Scarabaeus, 02-Sep-12 02:57 PM, #22
                              Reply Sadism?, xrus, 03-Sep-12 03:20 AM, #24
                              Reply Do you accept radical ideas ... like unholy Santa Scara..., Shapa, 03-Sep-12 08:29 AM, #25
                                   Reply perhaps, Scarabaeus, 03-Sep-12 09:18 AM, #26
                                        Reply CF is so much better with you around. Just wanted to s..., TMNS, 03-Sep-12 01:15 PM, #27
                                             Reply Second. (nt), Bell, 04-Sep-12 05:20 PM, #28
                         Reply Ah how CF has benefitted from your energy..., TrapperJohn (Anonymous), 02-Sep-12 12:30 PM, #21
                              Reply we'd all be eating steak, Scarabaeus, 02-Sep-12 02:59 PM, #23
               Reply RE: There were dragon imms?, Daevryn, 31-Aug-12 07:47 PM, #17
                    Reply That's pretty awesome, lasentia, 01-Sep-12 08:15 AM, #19
Reply We were JUST talking about your tat last week! nt, Akresius, 30-Aug-12 03:44 PM, #4
Reply Starting talking about Khaso, Muuloc, and Eshval's tat'..., TMNS, 30-Aug-12 09:29 PM, #5
Reply Damn! I always wanted to give it a go to your religion!, Beer, 30-Aug-12 09:23 AM, #3
Reply I'll clear some room in my Immortal office..., Scarabaeus, 30-Aug-12 09:00 AM, #2
Reply Come back, you! (n/t), Daevryn, 30-Aug-12 06:59 AM, #1

TeslineFri 31-Aug-12 11:03 AM
Member since 25th Jun 2010
582 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47039, "Who are you?"
In response to Reply #0

I am curious you sound important....

I've got a single #### to give...and it's just for you.

laxmanFri 31-Aug-12 11:37 AM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#47040, "empire imm from way way way way (like decade+ ago) back..."
In response to Reply #6

Sphere death and other stuff. tat was a skull with a worm in it I think?

I never followed him but I heard good things back then.

ScarabaeusFri 31-Aug-12 01:42 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
#47041, "way back machine"
In response to Reply #7

This list is slowly growing (and he's on there): http://www.carrionfields.net/CFwiki/Immortals

BeerFri 31-Aug-12 02:12 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
322 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47042, "Very cool! (NT)"
In response to Reply #8

nt

lasentiaFri 31-Aug-12 02:37 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47043, "There were dragon imms?"
In response to Reply #8

Was that an imm thing where they can set their race to anything? I saw dragons and ki-rins on that list, that's pretty awesome.

I always wanted to do a Drokalanatym priest, but figured based on the helpfile it would just con kill me instantly if I ever did get its attention and otherwise would never get empowered. Still, I like the idea of it, the whole dragon sea has such a good story to it that I thought about weaving in.

Maybe one day I'll give it a try.

ScarabaeusFri 31-Aug-12 02:52 PM
1524 posts
#47044, "RE: There were dragon imms?"
In response to Reply #10

Was that an imm thing where they can set their race to anything?

There were some PC races created specifically for immortals.

TsunamiFri 31-Aug-12 04:10 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#47045, "Kind of like..."
In response to Reply #11

That time you created a PC race specifically for me. You know what I want. Get it done mister!

ScarabaeusFri 31-Aug-12 04:16 PM
1524 posts
#47046, "I haven't had time for Banana Slug"
In response to Reply #12

However, two additional PC races will be going live in the relatively near future; so stay tuned for announcements.

However, grab a hanky, because neither has hairy feet.

TsunamiFri 31-Aug-12 05:05 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#47047, "That's it..."
In response to Reply #13

Get hanky
wield hanky
smite Scarab

With great justice, your booger-filled hanky spins through the air decapitating the ancient lich lord. Who knew his weakness was halfling snot-rage?

It's ok. Thanks for continued work on CF at least.

SplntrdFri 31-Aug-12 06:35 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47048, "There goes my current."
In response to Reply #13

del;del

Splntrd

ScarabaeusFri 31-Aug-12 06:45 PM
1524 posts
#47049, "ha!"
In response to Reply #15

You're safe--it won't be tomorrow.

StunnaSat 01-Sep-12 06:54 AM
1048 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#47051, "I've been teetering on the edge of rolling. Will this p..."
In response to Reply #13

nt

ShapaSun 02-Sep-12 08:20 AM
Member since 22nd Jun 2006
252 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47056, "What do you think about really unique high penalty - av..."
In response to Reply #13

Like someone who naturally has the size of the reduced gnome, but can only wear twice less eq than other races because of that.

Or someone who loses -1 con per death. But this race isn't not for classes who have damage redux because of their class.

Or vampire who has to kill something and drink it's blood all the time or vampire begins to loose str and dex, or enjoys increased skill failure rate through morale code.

Or i don't even know ... any other race with high penalty - average reward, but still balanced though much harder to play?

ScarabaeusSun 02-Sep-12 02:57 PM
1524 posts
#47058, "I'm receptive to it"
In response to Reply #20

I know I'm willing to consider it, since I have one such race on the drawing table (but with nothing coded for it other than the race definition itself). The big questions are: (1) how fun would it be to play; (2) how much work would have to go into prepping a context for the race; (3) would the race fit well into the current PvP dynamics? I have some pretty radical ideas for what I would like to see happen with said race, but it would be a real departure from what you're used to.

xrusMon 03-Sep-12 03:20 AM
Member since 13th May 2011
318 posts
#47061, "Sadism?"
In response to Reply #22

Once I played a handicapped felar warrior in the village. I'm not still good at anything (RP, PK, MK, Survival, ...) and the char was some meat for his enemies. But It was my best experience in CF so far, as I had some challenges for myself. I think a hard playing race (high penalty) might have same effect, at least on me. I am eager to play, ESPECIALLY if it's a rare race. (I have played two minotaurs by now, and I love to play them again mostly because they are rare.).

ShapaMon 03-Sep-12 08:27 AM
Member since 22nd Jun 2006
252 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47062, "Do you accept radical ideas ... like unholy Santa Scara..."
In response to Reply #22
Edited on Mon 03-Sep-12 08:29 AM

Prehistory of my ideas.
Half of the players in CF are here for about 10+ years averagely already. Many of them know how exactly will any given fight(PK) end between any 2 characters if both characters will play correctly even before PK begins. Though i think that i know 2 combinations nobody have tried yet, one of them is being boring one-trick pony and another one is very similar to something i already played not once. And i think a lot of players (like me) expect a bit too much from the new races. I mean for example not-evil duergar, or not-evil strength based thief (not too little one), or goodie version of bearcharging ranger is very good from the RP perspective - but anyway it's very similar to something we all have already played many times. There are already characters with 200+ PKS for any class, almost any race. Maybe new races project with the help of many other immortals could become the bigger project like new class or something like that? Though Imms like Daevryn, Twist and other lower immortals who actively play mortals can balance anything; it may be quicker to balance the pvp game mechanics in actual CF, but making something new really not strong at all. And later making this new a bit stronger if needed after a lot of observations.

So along with the new RP options (by having something new) could you please also create something what will also give new PK options? It will be the real blast and only make the new RP options much better.

So here are my ideas:

1. Something like demon ... who can pk someone, eat the corpse and learn all spells/skills/communnes/cabal powers and maybe even actually look like that someone before the victim died for a huge amount of time. The time should be enough to PK someone next to learn his skills and so on. I don't know ... something like 4-5 hours maybe? And of course all spells/skills/communnes/cabal powers stay if this demon dies. The demon doesn't have his own spells/skills/communnes and cannot join any cabal. So the demon has to kill someone at level 11 with the help of mercenary and then pk someone every 4-5 hours of his life. The time could decrease with the level of the demon, only 2-3 hours at hero? Though i have no idea what to do if the demon fails to kill someone at pretty big level for those 5 hours .... dies? Has to sacrifice himself somewhere to loose the con to get last skills for another few hours? The timers and so on is just the idea, should be carefully looked at of course.

2. Something new in orc village? Maybe gimped version of any current class but with powers what work only on people who live in the orc village? It could perhaps also change orcs vs all cabals dynamic somehow?

3. Something else what is very hard to play, but is still playable by having few special tricks. Like elven blood for orcs, another form of healing. Or something else shaman-like what will make this something new to have long tactical battles (and not just do A, do B, then spam C)? In fact, even if something new is something like "it's very hard even to make 200 pk with" it will be much better and challenging.

I know anything like this (or anything else BIG) is a lot ot work, but should be very interesting to play after even for those who do it Daevryn, Twist and other lower level immortals too

ScarabaeusMon 03-Sep-12 09:18 AM
1524 posts
#47063, "perhaps"
In response to Reply #25

Interesting take on the veteran approach to the current races/classes. I'm not sure how I feel about purposefully crippling a new race/class, but I do like the idea of introducing completely new limitations on characters (e.g. Centaurs). Without saying much more, I do not think you will be disappointed with the direction I have taken.

TMNSMon 03-Sep-12 01:15 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#47065, "CF is so much better with you around. Just wanted to s..."
In response to Reply #26

NT

BellTue 04-Sep-12 05:20 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2005
100 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#47073, "Second. (nt)"
In response to Reply #27

nope

TrapperJohn (inactive user)Sun 02-Sep-12 12:30 PM
Charter member
#47057, "Ah how CF has benefitted from your energy..."
In response to Reply #13

Some races I'd like to see...

Werewolf - inherent shapeshift at like rank 45 - that will add some spice!

Fairy/pixie - nice 'n tiny

Demon - Another race that can wear tail rings!

Satyr - i like my half-man/half-animal races drunk and horny.

ScarabaeusSun 02-Sep-12 02:59 PM
1524 posts
#47059, "we'd all be eating steak"
In response to Reply #21

One of these is already on my POSSIBLE TO DO list.

DaevrynFri 31-Aug-12 07:47 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#47050, "RE: There were dragon imms?"
In response to Reply #10

I wouldn't rule out doing Drokalanatym empowerments in the future still now and again. Granted, that means you have to catch me online and reasonably free, which isn't always easy and isn't always something I can even schedule in neatly.

Also granted I don't have a Drokalanatym character complete with his suave description and such ready to roll at the moment, either.

The first prophet I really had with him, I think, did his job well to a fault -- thereafter pretty much everyone who looked to Drokalanatym for empowerment was in a pretty similar mold in certain respects and really a lot of what I asked that guy for was less "what Droky likes" and more "what gives Droky teh lolz right this minute." He's a little bit archetypal fantasy dragon, a little bit Lovecraftian deity, and a little bit Troll Dad.

lasentiaSat 01-Sep-12 08:15 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
#47052, "That's pretty awesome"
In response to Reply #17

Maybe one day I'll roll it up, and get lucky. No harm in trying, and praying to a dragon god I'd sort of expect to be ignored anyway, since why would he care about some mortal anyway except as a means to his own temporary amusement to be eaten when he tired of him.

I would rather do it knowing there's a chance I might see him instead of doing it after there being an announced "Hey Drokalanatym is back around for empowerment- roll your priests today" anyway.

Just saying, there may be prayers to him one day if I can work out a really good role for him, and I won't mind if they never get answered.

Thanks for the info Daev.

AkresiusThu 30-Aug-12 03:44 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2011
280 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47037, "We were JUST talking about your tat last week! nt"
In response to Reply #0

TMNSThu 30-Aug-12 09:29 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#47038, "Starting talking about Khaso, Muuloc, and Eshval's tat'..."
In response to Reply #4

Pretty plz?

BeerThu 30-Aug-12 09:23 AM
322 posts
#47036, "Damn! I always wanted to give it a go to your religion!"
In response to Reply #0

Come back eh?

ScarabaeusThu 30-Aug-12 09:00 AM
1524 posts
#47035, "I'll clear some room in my Immortal office..."
In response to Reply #0

...and I'll woo you with Pepsi and fossilized popcorn!

DaevrynThu 30-Aug-12 06:59 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#47034, "Come back, you! (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #47033 Previous topic | Next topic