Subject: "Idea for us europeans..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3984
Show all folders

TirachThu 26-Feb-04 08:13 AM
Member since 26th Feb 2004
115 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#3984, "Idea for us europeans..."

I just love the english command... Finaly I understand why that 20lb axe cant be wielded hehe..

Now if there only was an alternative for the 12hour clock... When I am stressing about in Shadar Logoth for instance and try to word because I think its daytime and it fails hmm... Can be a tad stressing... Or when I try to enter the gates of Hamsah.. Or when I'm chased and adrenalin is pumping, who on earth will remember if am was in the day or night

I would love to get a way of adjusting the time between 12 hour and 24 hour clock for the ingame clock. Either that or connect it to the english command or something.

It's a feature I would really like to see in the game..

Tirach

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IsildurThu 26-Feb-04 09:52 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3987, "RE: Idea for us europeans..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm guessing you could pretty easily write a #sub to take the AM/PM time in your prompt and turn it into the euro-version.

TirachThu 26-Feb-04 10:04 AM
115 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#3988, "RE: Idea for us europeans..."
In response to Reply #3

Ofcourse I could, but still its a nice feature for the mud... When I found the english command in the mud I actualy cheered a whole lot more then when lecacies came to the warrior class.

I dont know, its the little things in the mud that makes it so great.. Like get 2., murder tho instead of murder Thorlagurinfabuldir

Thanks for all the nifties so far is all I can say to the imps!

IsildurThu 26-Feb-04 11:20 AM
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3989, "RE: Idea for us europeans..."
In response to Reply #4

One downside to name completion: I find myself trying to use it in situations where it doesn't exist. Namely on items and cabal names.

"who cab" isn't the same as "who cabalname"

"who dar" isn't the same as "who dark-elf"

"get neph" isn't the same as "get nephillim"

etc.

incognitoThu 26-Feb-04 09:04 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3985, "maybe I misunderstood"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Thu 26-Feb-04 09:05 AM

but, on the 12 hour clock, "AM" after the hour indicates from 12 midnight to just before noon. (AM is Latin for ante-meridian -- literally translating as something like "before the sun reaches the halfway point, as in "before noon".)

PM stands for post-meridian, or "after noon".

So basically AM is morning and PM is afternoon. The switch from AM to PM comes as the cf clock goes from 11 to 12. So 11AM becomes 12PM. That means that 12AM is actually midnight and 12PM is actually day.

Summary: am means before noon, pm means after noon, exception for your purposes being that 12PM is noon.

TirachThu 26-Feb-04 09:25 AM
115 posts
#3986, "RE: maybe I misunderstood"
In response to Reply #1

Yea I know this when my adrenaline dont pump... I think a whole lot clearer then... But when the adrenaline is pumping and you just have to do it right or die, I dont have a clue at all... I just though it would be a nice adition to the game aswell as the english command.. You know I could use by converter on my calc but hey the function is in the game so I'm happy with that. Would love the clock thing aswell

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3984 Previous topic | Next topic