Subject: "Partial shifts" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #37868
Show all folders

AbernyteTue 03-May-11 04:44 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
973 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37868, "Partial shifts"

Anyone ever taken this edge yet?

ANTHROPOMORPH
A shapeshifter with this edge is an expert with partial shift spells and
enjoys several benefits with their use, including much longer spell durations.

SEE ALSO: EDGES, PAWS OF THE CHEETAH, HOOVES OF THE GAZELLE, FANGS OF THE
SERPENT, HORNS OF THE BULL, TAIL OF THE LIZARD

If the benefits are not the things below, could it be made possible?

Claw of lion allows shifter to parry like invoker touches.

The shifter with this edge can use more than two shifts at a time, not just body and other extremities. It can scale with level, so with the above edge you can use 3 shifts at 11-20, 4 shifts at 21-30, 5 shifts at 31-40 and 6 at Hero.

Obviously not multiples of the body shifts but giving a shifter a partial shift ability to work in PK.

Just a thought.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ORBWed 04-May-11 02:02 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
993 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37874, "RE: Partial shifts"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 04-May-11 02:02 AM

People use partial shifts? I don't even waste the practices, except maybe on one of the damage ones.

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

DaevrynTue 03-May-11 09:49 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#37872, "RE: Partial shifts"
In response to Reply #0

>The shifter with this edge can use more than two shifts at a
>time, not just body and other extremities. It can scale with
>level, so with the above edge you can use 3 shifts at 11-20, 4
>shifts at 21-30, 5 shifts at 31-40 and 6 at Hero.

I considered doing an edge for this, but it turns out that the way the partial shifts were written it'd be much more coding than I do for an edge. So, no on Anthropomorph doing that.

It's dirt cheap, though.

MurphyTue 03-May-11 11:18 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#37873, "Okay, but what DOES the edge do?"
In response to Reply #2

I was seriously considering taking it with my herald shifter... because spending time in the Inn I was out of form and kept paws of the cheetah up constantly, in case I'd be attacked there. Then again, since I'm so troubled by this constant threat, I probably should have rolled the char as a warrior...

_Magus_Tue 03-May-11 07:31 PM
Member since 05th Dec 2006
430 posts
#37869, "RE: Partial shifts"
In response to Reply #0

In the half dozen or more shapeshifters I've played, I've never seen a use for partial shifts after getting a first form. And especially not after getting a second form. Horns of the bull is about the only partial shift I use; all the others seem like they are such a minimal bonus that they are worthless when you weigh in the benefit of saving the practice(s) for training later on.

The partial shifts don't seem to raise exponentially with level or skill percentage from what I've noticed.

Sidenote: A form that is resistant to blunt (tortoise) might get some extra mileage from the partial shift edge that gives extra blunt damage reduction while in form.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #37868 Previous topic | Next topic