Subject: "So If I was praying to Baerinika for Empowerment then t..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #35870
Show all folders

Lost priest (Anonymous)Wed 13-Oct-10 05:05 PM
Charter member
#35870, "So If I was praying to Baerinika for Empowerment then tried to get empowered from Twist."

Could I?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Some assumption + advice, Tsunami, 14-Oct-10 11:52 AM, #12
Reply Wrong forum, and no, probably not., blackbird, 13-Oct-10 05:10 PM, #1
     Reply I know of one dwarf who does. =) n/t, Pro, 13-Oct-10 05:16 PM, #2
          Reply Dang, Tsunami, 13-Oct-10 05:24 PM, #3
          Reply If you are D. Delete now. n/t, Pro, 13-Oct-10 05:24 PM, #4
               Reply Man, Tsunami, 13-Oct-10 05:29 PM, #5
                    Reply I don't do qhcf. , Pro, 13-Oct-10 05:32 PM, #6
                         Reply Oh, I see, I see. nt, Tsunami, 13-Oct-10 05:42 PM, #7
          Reply Actually, Baerinika and Twist share no spheres whatsoev..., blackbird, 14-Oct-10 02:09 AM, #8
               Reply I guess you are drunk and misread my post. n/t, Pro, 14-Oct-10 02:32 AM, #9
                    Reply Wrong., blackbird, 14-Oct-10 04:57 AM, #10
                         Reply It's just a misunderstanding., Pro, 14-Oct-10 11:35 AM, #11

TsunamiThu 14-Oct-10 11:52 AM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#35908, "Some assumption + advice"
In response to Reply #0

I'll assume that you are a sphere that does not fall under one or the other god. You should find one that your sphere AND role fits into. If you cannot, create your own religion or maybe try to find an old one or something.

Pick something and stick with it. Or maybe as another suggested here, seek at a dark god since the good ones wouldn't take you in.

blackbirdWed 13-Oct-10 05:10 PM
Member since 04th Sep 2009
178 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#35871, "Wrong forum, and no, probably not."
In response to Reply #0

For one, they don't have any overlapping spheres and secondly, the immortals (ic and ooc) frown on "god-hopping". Delete and remake if you're unwilling or unable to hold out for your first god.

I mean, after all, it's not a decision a young priest makes lightly...

ProWed 13-Oct-10 05:16 PM
Member since 14th Apr 2010
776 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#35872, "I know of one dwarf who does. =) n/t"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Wed 13-Oct-10 05:16 PM

Yeah I posted above but deleted so yeah.

xbsdbs

TsunamiWed 13-Oct-10 05:24 PM
1509 posts
#35874, "Dang"
In response to Reply #2

Was looking forward to playing with that character.

ProWed 13-Oct-10 05:24 PM
776 posts
#35876, "If you are D. Delete now. n/t"
In response to Reply #3

drthsh

TsunamiWed 13-Oct-10 05:29 PM
1509 posts
#35878, "Man"
In response to Reply #4

I basically tell you I liked your char and you tell me to delete?

PM me on QHCF if you still have access there.

Any further discussion may or may not give away chars and I don't want to do that. I am not D.

ProWed 13-Oct-10 05:32 PM
776 posts
#35879, "I don't do qhcf. "
In response to Reply #5

And I'm just trying to save that individual longer heart ache. It doesn't take RL months to get empowered.

Skipping from god to god could explain what's taking them so long.

I couldn't figure this my character out so I'm moving on.

I have a yahoo. mobondsman

TsunamiWed 13-Oct-10 05:42 PM
1509 posts
#35882, "Oh, I see, I see. nt"
In response to Reply #6

nt

blackbirdThu 14-Oct-10 02:09 AM
178 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#35894, "Actually, Baerinika and Twist share no spheres whatsoev..."
In response to Reply #2

So you can bring up Thror, which is not topical whatsoever. Because you're ####ing dumb. And you can't even reply to this. Because you're banned. My heart is singing. Long (un)Live Valguarnera.

ProThu 14-Oct-10 02:32 AM
776 posts
#35895, "I guess you are drunk and misread my post. n/t"
In response to Reply #8

bsbb

blackbirdThu 14-Oct-10 04:55 AM
178 posts
#35897, "Wrong."
In response to Reply #9
Edited on Thu 14-Oct-10 04:57 AM

I'm mildly tipsy now, opposed to earlier, and assumed that Valg's edit in that other thread meant Ban. Woe is the prospect of slightly intelligent, unpolluted discourse within the official forums.

And, yeah. Baer and Twist still don't share any spheres. I don't see how you can argue otherwise. The fact that Thror (and Scarabaeus, who would be the most likely to take in a well-roleplayed and disappointed supplicant of Baerinika) shares sphere Purity, or that Ysaloerye shares Combat with Baer is an unhelpful red herring when responding to a noob asking specifically if shifting devotion from Baerinika to Twist is possible.

Also, a random and totally unrelated revelation/anecdote, your (perhaps most? I can't pretend to know) recent mute felar ranger, Satchatu, ranked extensively with my elf bard Elliyanara. And I knew it was you, because you've done the mute felar thing before. Although, you did roleplay quite well. I attempted to not allow that to color (or poison) my IC decisions and interactions with Satchatu. WE RANKED TOGETHER A ####LOAD, PRO. WE EVEN KILLED A NEUTRAL THIEF TOGETHER IN THE FOREST OF NOWHERE. WE ARE BOUND BY A TIMELESS CF BOND.

Saying that there exists "one dwarf who does" is irrelevant and meaningless. Either your brief (and unclear) response is saying that there is "one dwarf who does" share a sphere with Baerinika, which has no bearing upon a question of switching from praying to Baerinika to Twist, or that you're saying there is a Dwarven god that also frowns upon god-hopping (which is obvious, unless there's some currently active dwarven imm that will accept "just any" trashy supplicating empoweree that I am unaware of), or that you're saying there is a current Dwarven character that takes the choice of their patron and blessing god lightly.

All of these possible interpretations are either irrelevant or stupid. Way to be.

You're cut off. Dawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

ProThu 14-Oct-10 10:35 AM
776 posts
#35905, "It's just a misunderstanding."
In response to Reply #10
Edited on Thu 14-Oct-10 11:35 AM

sdbsdb

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #35870 Previous topic | Next topic