Subject: "Blister agent." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #34061
Show all folders

EskelianSun 25-Jul-10 04:39 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2023 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34061, "Blister agent."

Does this do anything besides the damage per tick? So far its sorta underwhelming. Does like 3 injures over 3 hours and they get a saving throw.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Nevermind, figured it out. n/t, Eskelian, 21-Jul-10 01:39 PM, #5
Reply Uh, okay, I guess it's a secret then?, Splntrd, 21-Jul-10 01:53 PM, #6
Reply RE: Uh, okay, I guess it's a secret then?, Eskelian, 21-Jul-10 03:12 PM, #7
Reply RE: Nevermind, figured it out. n/t, Daevryn, 21-Jul-10 07:37 PM, #8
     Reply Also FYI, Daevryn, 21-Jul-10 07:43 PM, #19
          Reply RE: Also FYI, Eskelian, 21-Jul-10 09:30 PM, #9
          Reply Also also FYI, Daevryn, 25-Jul-10 04:38 PM, #18
               Reply RE: Also also FYI, Eskelian, 26-Jul-10 12:12 AM, #20
                    Reply RE: Also also FYI, Daevryn, 26-Jul-10 12:23 AM, #21
                    Reply RE: Also also FYI, Splntrd, 26-Jul-10 06:23 AM, #22
                         Reply RE: Also also FYI, Eskelian, 26-Jul-10 07:54 AM, #23
                    Reply Discern magic-like edge?, TrapperJohn (Anonymous), 31-Jul-10 10:26 PM, #24
Reply Ouch, that's pretty sucky. nt, Daning, 20-Jul-10 03:06 AM, #2
Reply Yeah, posted this hoping they would beef it up a bit to..., Eskelian, 20-Jul-10 08:18 AM, #3
Reply *sigh* -nt-, Mekantos, 20-Jul-10 02:35 AM, #1
     Reply RE: *sigh* -nt-, Eskelian, 20-Jul-10 10:04 AM, #4
          Reply @#$@ you and Sleep Protection Timers. -nt-, TrapperJohn (Anonymous), 21-Jul-10 11:44 PM, #10
               Reply RE: @#$@ you and Sleep Protection Timers. -nt-, Eskelian, 22-Jul-10 12:54 PM, #11
                    Reply probably better tactic, but..., TrapperJohn (Anonymous), 22-Jul-10 02:25 PM, #12
                         Reply RE: probably better tactic, but..., Eskelian, 22-Jul-10 02:55 PM, #13
                              Reply To cover more ground..., TrapperJohn (Anonymous), 22-Jul-10 04:08 PM, #14
                                   Reply RE: To cover more ground..., Eskelian, 22-Jul-10 07:23 PM, #15
                                   Reply low risk/low success should negate the other tactic?, TrapperJohn (Anonymous), 22-Jul-10 10:17 PM, #16
                                   Reply Why couldn't you jack them?, Pro, 24-Jul-10 11:26 AM, #17

EskelianWed 21-Jul-10 01:39 PM
2023 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34066, "Nevermind, figured it out. n/t"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

SplntrdWed 21-Jul-10 01:53 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34067, "Uh, okay, I guess it's a secret then?"
In response to Reply #5

Thanks for deleting my post with no feedback as to why. That's really obnoxious.

Splntrd

EskelianWed 21-Jul-10 03:12 PM
2023 posts
#34068, "RE: Uh, okay, I guess it's a secret then?"
In response to Reply #6

They didn't. It looks like they restored the entire forum database to like, yesterday mid-day.

I had to repost the one above because it was gone.

And re: secrets, I'll post a FAQ when I'm done with the class but I'm cool with people not knowing what I'm capable of until the char is finished.

DaevrynWed 21-Jul-10 07:37 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#34069, "RE: Nevermind, figured it out. n/t"
In response to Reply #5

FYI, besides the stat penalty, it does two other things that I know of.

Also, you might find it does more damage against some of your enemies than others, or in some situations more than others.

DaevrynSun 25-Jul-10 04:39 PM
11117 posts
#34070, "Also FYI"
In response to Reply #8

I've tweaked this skill up half a notch as of next build.

EskelianWed 21-Jul-10 09:30 PM
2023 posts
#34072, "RE: Also FYI"
In response to Reply #19

Thanks homie.

DaevrynSun 25-Jul-10 04:38 PM
11117 posts
#34128, "Also also FYI"
In response to Reply #19

I've added a little more information to the BA helpfile.

EskelianMon 26-Jul-10 12:12 AM
2023 posts
#34143, "RE: Also also FYI"
In response to Reply #18

Any thought to having some sort of ability to test things on yourself in game?

It feels OOC as #### to have to test stuff out on someone and have them describe the results to you.

DaevrynMon 26-Jul-10 12:23 AM
11117 posts
#34145, "RE: Also also FYI"
In response to Reply #20

>Any thought to having some sort of ability to test things on
>yourself in game?

Because no one was ever planning for this and the infrastructure as is does not support it well, it'd probably require custom code in almost every skill you could do it with.

So, probably not unless someone comes up with a more clever way to do it.

SplntrdMon 26-Jul-10 06:17 AM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34152, "RE: Also also FYI"
In response to Reply #21
Edited on Mon 26-Jul-10 06:23 AM

A magical wooden practice dummy in some obscure place. It has a ####load of hp, high regen, and won't hurt you. You can't learn skills off of him, but if you beat up on him for awhile and say a key phrase, he'll moan and grumble about his various ailments.

combatcombatcombat flee;return.
You say 'Mumbojumbo.'
A practice dummy cradles his broken wrist and says, 'You heartless bastard! I'll need at least 5 hours to recover my strength.'
A practice dummy hops up and down on foot, holding the other gingerly, 'I never saw those caltraps coming! I'll be crippled for almost a day!'
A practice dummy looks down at his glowing torso with disgust and says, 'Good thing this will be gone in a short time, I look terrible in purple.'

You hit a practice dummy over the head with a blackjack!
A practice dummy snores loudly.
A practice dummy wakes and stands up.
You say 'Festlethrum.'
A practice dummy grumbles and rubs a conspicuous lump on his head.
A practice dummy says 'Right now I'd kill for some coffee and a full night's sleep.'

This way you could get SOME of the information or at least have some idea of what things do IC.

Splntrd

EskelianMon 26-Jul-10 07:54 AM
2023 posts
#34154, "RE: Also also FYI"
In response to Reply #22

It should just act like that guy in the inn who does idents and read off his affects list.

I guess though that probably wouldn't help much with stuff like blister agent and abrasive powder. I'm just thinking through the spellcasting piece, I'd never know it did that if Nep didn't update the help file. I'd have to find a PC who is a spellcaster have them report to me what it did as I used it on them.

By the way, what does abrasive powder do? The helpfile is sort of vague. It sounds like it could hamper movement, or decrease dodge, or maybe just a -dex malediction, etc. Does it kill regen like plague? Or just decrease it slightly?

Its really hard to tell what these things do .

TrapperJohn (inactive user)Sat 31-Jul-10 10:26 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #20

I think an ability to discern the affects of your physical attacks on your foe would be awesome, and greatly alleviate the OOC/elite curve of CF for some skills. Problem is, it'd probably be much easier to code to see the effects on all players/mobs, rather than only the ones that you yourself hit/affected.

Maybe it is easier to create a dummy that you can hit and he reports to you. Maybe it is easier to be able to just hamstring yourself (unless a poisoner suggests you do it :p ).

DaningTue 20-Jul-10 03:06 AM
Member since 12th Dec 2003
19 posts
#34063, "Ouch, that's pretty sucky. nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

EskelianTue 20-Jul-10 08:18 AM
2023 posts
#34064, "Yeah, posted this hoping they would beef it up a bit to..."
In response to Reply #2

n/t

MekantosTue 20-Jul-10 02:35 AM
Member since 06th Dec 2003
796 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34062, "*sigh* -nt-"
In response to Reply #0

asf

EskelianTue 20-Jul-10 10:04 AM
2023 posts
#34065, "RE: *sigh* -nt-"
In response to Reply #1

I feel like if you point out things that are bad with a class then you're more likely to get them resolved.

Stench Cloud and Smoke Bomb are pretty decent, so far blister agent is super terrible and the levels that you get direction/damage trap at are way too high.

I'll keep posting my feedback, hopefully these things will get ironed out. I'd like to see general comments from other trappers that are more helpful than "sleeping traps shouldn't give sleep protection". If you're reasonable in pointing out balance issues the Imms are usually reasonable about fixing them.

TrapperJohn (inactive user)Wed 21-Jul-10 11:44 PM
Charter member
#34075, "@#$@ you and Sleep Protection Timers. -nt-"
In response to Reply #4

nt

EskelianThu 22-Jul-10 12:54 PM
2023 posts
#34077, "RE: @#$@ you and Sleep Protection Timers. -nt-"
In response to Reply #10

Tbh, I feel like knocking people out is overrated given you have hide and sneak. Would rather apply a technique of "wham, bam, thank you maam" cheap shot tripping after blowing some stuff up in their face.

TrapperJohn (inactive user)Thu 22-Jul-10 02:25 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #11

My trapper was a binder/trapper, and I envisioned all kinds of fun tactics involving sleeping, binding, and bleeding, and couldn't imagine they'd tweak OP'd KO traps.

It's one thing to say you can't stack ko traps in a room anymore - but then to also say Plus, you can't jack them now either if you are gonna even try to KO trap 'em.

unless of course, the % for a trap to hit goes up...

Anyway, now... the way to go is to use ko traps as a possible way to stop someone who escapes you, a trap one room over.

EskelianThu 22-Jul-10 02:55 PM
2023 posts
#34080, "RE: probably better tactic, but..."
In response to Reply #12

Use damage traps for if they escape you, prog'd gear to make up for your lack of third/fourth attack and garrote/blackjack for sleep/bind.

I don't see the incentive to use knock-out for the initial hit given the super high success rate of garrote/blackjack - plus you're catching them without giving them a chance to enlarge.

TrapperJohn (inactive user)Thu 22-Jul-10 04:08 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #13

trap a few high traffic junctions on eastern - if they are poking their head out of galadon you have a chance to get them even though you yourself are patrolling the other end of the road.

But, say the miss the trap. Now they are looking for you because they know you can't jack them. Why did you ever put a KO trap anywhere on the road in the first place?

It's not even that KO traps are that great a tactic - it's that they go from being an option to being a mistake.

EskelianThu 22-Jul-10 07:23 PM
2023 posts
#34087, "RE: To cover more ground..."
In response to Reply #14

Sounds fine balance wise. You were given a choice between covering a higher ground with a lower success rate and less risk or having a shorter area with a higher success rate but more risk. There's a trade off, both have advantages and disadvantages, so what's the problem with it?

TrapperJohn (inactive user)Thu 22-Jul-10 10:17 PM
Charter member
#34091, "low risk/low success should negate the other tactic?"
In response to Reply #15

I'm fine with low risk = low success. But low risk = low success + no high risk/high success option for 4 hours is overkill -- it's a penalty for trying the KO trap, a penalty that was introduced to trappers despite the path being imbalanced to begin with, and with that penalty, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages so much that KO trap is reduced to a niche option - but this is the *trapper* path, not the thugs with tricks path.

Back when I posted this on the bug board, Daev even said "maybe the % to land should be upped".

I don't want to do nothing but KO traps, I just want the choices/tactics to be more interesting for the player, and I don't think many players would say the way it was before was overpowered/unfair.

KO traps were nerfed from being able to:
* put multiple KO traps all about to up your odds of KO'ing victim
* wake them and have them flee into another KO trap and maybe fall asleep again
* jack them again after they wake up from a trap
* jack them after they've missed a trap

I'm thinking only one of these should be returned, and of course, I question that traps needed to be nerfed instead of say... duo dimension :p

ProSat 24-Jul-10 11:26 AM
Member since 14th Apr 2010
776 posts
#34102, "Why couldn't you jack them?"
In response to Reply #14

Or are you refering to the sleep timer?

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #34061 Previous topic | Next topic