Subject: "wah wah wah" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3164
Show all folders

IsildurFri 05-Dec-03 06:31 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3164, "wah wah wah"

Here's my whine -aka- Christmas request.

Movement regen rates for low-ranking characters. Boost them.

Note that I'm not suggesting a reduction in movement cost or increase in movement gains per rank. A low-ranking character should have to rest multiple times while trekking across the known world. IMHO these naps shouldn't take 5-6 game hours apiece.

Basically I just sleep and go web browse for five minutes, assuming I'm not in PK range, then come back when I know my char will be fully rested. That's silly.

My $0.02.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply On the other hand..., nepenthe, 06-Dec-03 10:24 AM, #5
Reply RE: On the other hand..., Isildur, 06-Dec-03 02:38 PM, #7
Reply RE: wah wah wah, ORB, 06-Dec-03 08:16 AM, #4
Reply RE: wah wah wah, Isildur, 06-Dec-03 11:31 AM, #6
Reply RE: wah wah wah, Haze, 06-Dec-03 12:51 AM, #3
Reply Yeah thats the biggest pain, Xaannix, 05-Dec-03 07:17 PM, #1
     Reply Totally agreed., Trayner, 05-Dec-03 09:27 PM, #2

nepentheSat 06-Dec-03 10:24 AM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3186, "On the other hand..."
In response to Reply #0

One of the things that makes low-level PK interesting to me is this possibility of keeping on your prey as they flee and running them out of move.

IsildurSat 06-Dec-03 02:38 PM
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3194, "RE: On the other hand..."
In response to Reply #5

For what it's worth, the change I suggested wouldn't take away this dynamic. Movement cost would remain the same, so the fleeig prey would still run out of move. Sleeping to full would still take ~2-3 hours, so he wouldn't have time for that with someone on his tail.

ORBSat 06-Dec-03 08:16 AM
993 posts
#3184, "RE: wah wah wah"
In response to Reply #0

Hmmm could have sworn Imms put in some kind of item to adjust for this super annoyance. Nah I must be thinking of those useless things that give you 25% pathfinding, whoopty doo!

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

IsildurSat 06-Dec-03 11:31 AM
5969 posts
#3190, "RE: wah wah wah"
In response to Reply #4

Yeah. It was the acquisition of said item that made me think to post this in the first place. And even with pathfinding you'll still run out of move, meaning you get to wait the same 5-6 hours for regen that someone would who didn't have the item.

HazeSat 06-Dec-03 12:51 AM
7 posts
#3178, "RE: wah wah wah"
In response to Reply #0

I think that this all goes back to the thing about the player knowing more than the character. As a low level character, if you act like someone new to the world (or actually are one of those) then you shouldn't have much problem with movement, because you will be looking and exploring slowly. It is only when you want to run from one end of the world to the other that it becomes a problem. Basically, the low movement makes sense from a RP standpoint, but not from an OOC standpoint.

Haze

XaannixFri 05-Dec-03 07:17 PM
499 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#3165, "Yeah thats the biggest pain"
In response to Reply #0

I cant stand lowbie ranks just because of that. Having to sleep for 7 hours to get back up to 100% drives me nuts. Isildur is right about the browsing. I go check on my dinner or draw something while my character regens his moves. A huge huge chunk of time sleeping is a waste unless you are a conjurer

So um, please please please boost the regen as Isildur says?

TraynerFri 05-Dec-03 09:27 PM
22 posts
#3170, "Totally agreed."
In response to Reply #1

I so dislike the low levels because i can't get anywhere. It's the one bane that makes me wish all chars started out at rank 15.

So um, to re-iterate xaanix. please please please boost regen as Isildur requests.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3164 Previous topic | Next topic