Subject: "On the subject of Recycling roles." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #30073
Show all folders

ZephonTue 19-Jan-10 09:23 PM
Member since 21st Mar 2007
488 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30073, "On the subject of Recycling roles."

Are these other people who recycled roles being told that they are in offense? Because if they are going to be penalized in the eyes of the imms they should alteast be told. Then again, you are the people dealing with all the rule breaking, not me.

I personally would rather be told if I'm doing something wrong than have the character ignored.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DaevrynTue 19-Jan-10 10:19 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#30084, "RE: On the subject of Recycling roles."
In response to Reply #0

Depends on the imm involved. I personally haven't pulled any of those I've noticed aside, and the recent drama around a case where someone did is an example of why.

People want feedback, but people don't take negative feedback well. I choose the path that doesn't eat up the rest of my day.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Wed 20-Jan-10 03:45 AM

#30100, "In my experience"
In response to Reply #1

It is possible to give negative feedback without offending (albeit I'm sure it is much harder when dealing with the crowd here).

Certain ways of doing it are guaranteed to give offense. And I'm well aware that I've offended plenty of people in the cf community myself. I don't claim to be perfect at it, but I can usually recognise why it is I've offended someone.

smalladdendum (Guest)Wed 20-Jan-10 06:46 AM

#30103, "RE: On the subject of Recycling roles."
In response to Reply #1

The drama was not about the pulling aside but the wrong accusation followed up be the inability to let me show that the accusation was wrong.

When I have done something wrong I am accepting of the feedback from Nimbus style Headbutts, Thror style cranialing to Cador style slaying when I swapped gear back in 1994 as a newb.

People should be given feedback where possible but should also be given a fair hearing when there is a possibility the Imm has the wrong end of the stick.

-----Abernyte

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #30073 Previous topic | Next topic