Subject: "A-P Jealousy" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2960
Show all folders

CarrockWed 12-Nov-03 09:59 PM
Member since 13th Mar 2019
51 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2960, "A-P Jealousy"

I am referring to, of course, the nifty echoes those dastardly necromancers get when they cast spells.

Can the legions of AP's of Thera get something like that too? I am getting sick of "X looks very ill."

At the very worst (perhaps a temporary measure), could we get the same echoes that necromancers get? Then perhaps rewrite them at a later date.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ValguarneraThu 13-Nov-03 01:37 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2965, "RE: A-P Jealousy"
In response to Reply #0

At the very worst (perhaps a temporary measure), could we get the same echoes that necromancers get? Then perhaps rewrite them at a later date.

I did the majority of the echoes you're talking about, but I'd be opposed to them being pasted onto another class. I don't like blurring lines like that, and the future direction of the A-P class will be make it more of a unique entity, and less akin to necromancers.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

ScrimbulSat 22-Nov-03 11:28 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#3074, "Can we change the class name too?"
In response to Reply #1

Yes, we're all used to Anti-Paladin, but it sounded so retarded the first time I heard it honestly.

Even "Death Knight" sounds better, sounds like it fits their description better, and that's not even such an original name.

GherianSun 23-Nov-03 12:30 AM
Member since 22nd Jun 2003
33 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3076, "RE: Can we change the class name too?"
In response to Reply #2

Death knight, as the name is used in various games and literature, is undead, typically a fallen paladin or righteous warrior. While they are certainly evil, I don't think they quite fit into what an anti-paladin is.

UrdenSun 23-Nov-03 02:05 AM
97 posts
#3077, "RE: Can we change the class name too?"
In response to Reply #3

Death Knights can also be created by using a living anti-paladin. Usually
it would happen if they had proven themselves to a powerful master/deity/etc.
At least that's what I was told sometime by someguy in someplace.

Bizarro I'm helping!

permanewbieSun 23-Nov-03 09:06 AM
349 posts
#3078, "heh"
In response to Reply #4

The Death knights are from literature (Is it Kryn?). In my understanding they were basically ex-Paladin Liches instead of Necromancer Liches.

They are also a set of mobs that the imms have used as plot movers during several semi-questish stories that the imms have run.

So, as a rename for anti-paladin, I am fairly sure it would not be renamed to "Death knight".

As for you seeming to suggest that in cf death knights can also be created by using a living anti-paladin....I am fairly sure that the imm have been extremely clear to the fact that such would be too similar to Liching...and they are not in any way interested in making Liching migrate to other classes.

"Death awaits ya all, wit nasteh big pointeh teeth!"

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #2960 Previous topic | Next topic