Subject: "Why not limit the number of Berserkers?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #27248
Show all folders

FunnyoneTue 20-Oct-09 12:28 PM
Member since 10th Jul 2006
77 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27248, "Why not limit the number of Berserkers?"

This is not a complaint, honestly. But, why not limit the number of berserkers the village can have alive at one time? I dont think I've met a villager who's a scout or defender. All villagers I fight are nothing more than one move to lag, and then the deathblow takes over. Just an idea, that's all. It's hard enough to fight a villager but all these berserkers around kind of makes it almost impossible.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I'm certain you've run into your share of defenders., wrathpuppet, 21-Oct-09 12:14 PM, #10
Reply RE: Why not limit the number of Berserkers?, Susubienko, 20-Oct-09 05:51 PM, #4
Reply Grogim had 120-130 I think when I heroimm'd. Dwarf scou..., Abernyte, 21-Oct-09 05:04 AM, #6
     Reply Pssht., Straklaw, 21-Oct-09 05:57 AM, #7
          Reply Nonsense! You were the fecker, with his imperial healer..., Abernyte, 22-Oct-09 07:06 AM, #13
Reply IMHO, Daevryn, 20-Oct-09 05:10 PM, #3
Reply Non-dodgy, low prepping characters hate berserkers., Quixotic, 20-Oct-09 08:29 PM, #5
     Reply Agreed, but no one sane likes prepping up that much tha..., Scrimbul, 22-Oct-09 06:29 PM, #14
Reply I just got through playing a Defender..., Lhydia, 20-Oct-09 03:52 PM, #1
     Reply Agreed, Zulghinlour, 20-Oct-09 04:28 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Agreed, Funnyone, 21-Oct-09 07:28 AM, #8
               Reply What evidence are you looking for?, Quixotic, 21-Oct-09 12:06 PM, #9
               Reply Don't worry, he's just a troll., GinGa, 21-Oct-09 12:16 PM, #11
                    Reply Josiah isn't as dumb as he is. (anymore) nt, Scrimbul, 22-Oct-09 06:30 PM, #15
                    Reply RE: Don't worry, he's just a troll., Funnyone, 23-Oct-09 01:34 PM, #16
                         Reply RE: Don't worry, he's just a troll., Daevryn, 23-Oct-09 07:30 PM, #17
               Reply RE: Agreed, Isildur, 21-Oct-09 12:30 PM, #12

wrathpuppetWed 21-Oct-09 12:14 PM
Member since 24th May 2009
3 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27280, "I'm certain you've run into your share of defenders."
In response to Reply #0

There's a decent chance that you're just not aware of what they are.

My current hero-level defender has enemies that still don't know he's
in the Village, never mind what path he's taken.

SusubienkoTue 20-Oct-09 05:51 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
113 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27259, "RE: Why not limit the number of Berserkers?"
In response to Reply #0

Berserkers have huge glaring weaknesses. You should be glad to find a bersereker.

My last character, Susubienko, was a scout, and is the #5 killer in battle history, since tracking at least. And only 1/3 were assassinations. So scouts are just as deadly as berserkers. Before that I had Azilaph, also 100+ pks, also scout.

And one of the other top 5 pk counts in battle was Jinroh. Defender.

I think if you go down the lists, you'll find as many scouts and defenders as berserkers in the deadly list.

AbernyteWed 21-Oct-09 05:04 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
973 posts
#27267, "Grogim had 120-130 I think when I heroimm'd. Dwarf scou..."
In response to Reply #4

Scout rocks!

Defender second!

Zerker is for newbs!

-----Abernyte

StraklawWed 21-Oct-09 05:57 AM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#27269, "Pssht."
In response to Reply #6

That's just because my defenders were there to save your bloodied and bruised dwarven hide.

Defenders FTW! Scouts second!

AbernyteThu 22-Oct-09 07:06 AM
973 posts
#27288, "Nonsense! You were the fecker, with his imperial healer..."
In response to Reply #7

So unless you were multi-playing, not this time. Rhuaen was the time of my scout thief who screwed you in the rites :>

-----Abernyte

Scouts FTW!

DaevrynTue 20-Oct-09 05:10 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#27255, "IMHO"
In response to Reply #0

(Relative) newbies always think berserker is better than it really is.

QuixoticTue 20-Oct-09 08:29 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
831 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#27262, "Non-dodgy, low prepping characters hate berserkers."
In response to Reply #3

If you prep heavily enough or can manage not to get hit, berserkers aren't bad at all.

That might be a big if.

ScrimbulThu 22-Oct-09 06:29 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#27293, "Agreed, but no one sane likes prepping up that much tha..."
In response to Reply #5

Bard Repertoire Clarifications:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=23735&mesg_id=23735&page=

LhydiaTue 20-Oct-09 03:52 PM
2387 posts
#27252, "I just got through playing a Defender..."
In response to Reply #0

I bet you'd be surprised at the ratio of Berserkers to non-Berserkers in the village right now.

ZulghinlourTue 20-Oct-09 04:28 PM
9792 posts
#27253, "Agreed"
In response to Reply #1

9 Berserkers
6 Defenders
1 Scout

We don't limit berserkers for the same reason we don't limit Maran, Acolytes, Outlanders, Tribunals, etc.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

FunnyoneWed 21-Oct-09 07:28 AM
77 posts
#27272, "RE: Agreed"
In response to Reply #2

I still dont see why people brag about there kills in this game. 5th on list. Dwarf defender 130 pks?? Your enemies are magi, and magi are weak until they get to hero, and you brag about your numbers in killing them as weak and frail as they are? It's kind of pointless to brag about that. You get spellbane, and a resistance, and you still brag? I fought you as a dark elf transmuter when I was very young rank, sus. It was easy to kill me. Even with the other one with me I had quickened, and enlarged. You just redirected to me after the spellbane, and threw me. That was it, I was done. No need to brag when one has to work much much harder to become powerful than a villager would.

But, I'm not saying berserkers are overpowered. I'm not, trust me, but I just haven't met a scout/defender yet. The only thing I see are deathblows. I didn't know if there were limits to the number of them.

Thanks.

QuixoticWed 21-Oct-09 12:06 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
831 posts
#27279, "What evidence are you looking for?"
In response to Reply #8

I've fought many scouts and defenders and not even realized it until I saw a log with them throwing up a truesight or resistance instead of the prepping or pill-popping I thought they were doing.

GinGaWed 21-Oct-09 12:16 PM
996 posts
#27281, "Don't worry, he's just a troll."
In response to Reply #9

Look at his thread history, and you'll see he complains about everything that kills him. He gets pwnd by familiars a lot too. Lol.

Also pretty sure he's just Josiah under another name.

ScrimbulThu 22-Oct-09 06:30 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#27294, "Josiah isn't as dumb as he is. (anymore) nt"
In response to Reply #11

Bard Repertoire Clarifications:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=23735&mesg_id=23735&page=

FunnyoneFri 23-Oct-09 01:34 PM
77 posts
#27296, "RE: Don't worry, he's just a troll."
In response to Reply #11

>Look at his thread history, and you'll see he complains about
>everything that kills him. He gets pwnd by familiars a lot
>too. Lol.
>
>Also pretty sure he's just Josiah under another name.

Yes, you know me so well, dont you?

Also, whats "pwnd" this is what my little 12 year old nephew says when he plays video games. Same as troll? Some kind of slang for message boards? It sounds really stupid, and it's not even a word, so do yourself a favor and drop the word from your vocabulary. It makes you sound dumb.

P.S. When you sit around the midranks, and just kill magi when they're pretty weak, it's not really needing to brag. Lots of villagers sit around 30's just to kill magi, and dont grow at all. Again, no need to brag about kills on weak magi when you have a built in resistance, spellbane, some with deathblow, and in sus case, he can hide.

I see your point Isildur, but it's still not the same as doing it at hero like kostyan, kanaev, and the others did. That's all I'm saying.

DaevrynFri 23-Oct-09 07:30 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#27297, "RE: Don't worry, he's just a troll."
In response to Reply #16

It doesn't matter how many times you post your opinion, it's not any better backed up.

IsildurWed 21-Oct-09 12:30 PM
5969 posts
#27282, "RE: Agreed"
In response to Reply #8

>I still dont see why people brag about there kills in this
>game. 5th on list. Dwarf defender 130 pks?? Your enemies are
>magi, and magi are weak until they get to hero, and you brag
>about your numbers in killing them as weak and frail as they
>are?

Dwarf defender warrior with 130 pks is probably more impressive than a comparable Empire or Scion warrior with the same number.

DDW doesn't get anything to juice his damage. Basically he just gets damage reduction and the ability to heal himself. Those keep you alive, but they don't really net you a lot of extra kills. There's also a lot of magical weaponry he doesn't get to use.

As targets he gets: mages of all stripes, Empire guys, Scion guys, Nexus guys, random Outlander guys who attack him. He probably won't get many non-mage fortress kills because those guys won't bother him since he's not evil.

Now consider Empire warrior. This guy gets to kill everybody the battle guy does (except Empire, obviously). But he also gets to kill any non-mage he wants (barring Empire). Also he gets to gang people, unlike ragers.

130 pks for a long-lived character isn't "Holy crap he's the best warrior ever!" but it's certainly nothing to sneeze at.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #27248 Previous topic | Next topic