Subject: "Death Traps / Recalling as a ghost." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #26521
Show all folders

AceBushidoSun 23-Aug-09 04:30 AM
Member since 23rd May 2009
34 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26521, "Death Traps / Recalling as a ghost."

Okay so as I understand it there's two kinds of death traps. One that kills you automatically and another that leaves you stuck in a room you can't recall or teleport out from.

My question is this, after encountering the latter. I go back to get the things from my corpse, attempt to recall, and I'm still forsaken. Excuse me if I'm a bit upset, but WHAT THE ####?! Why should I have to eat two deaths because of some gay ass ####in death trap AS A GHOST?! That's just complete and utter ####ery.

Okay now I'm calm...

But seriously though have you guys thought about changing this? It just seems horribly anal while adding nothing to the game other than an annoyance, a EXP hole, and 2/3 con loss if you don't know to just let your corpse crumble.

There's a few other places I feel like you should be able to recall from as a ghost (namely damn near everywhere that isn't area explore), but this one just takes the cake.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

trewynSun 23-Aug-09 12:51 PM
Member since 04th Jan 2005
269 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26526, "There used to be a lot more of them..."
In response to Reply #0

And the xp hole used to be REALLY bad because there was no limit on it. A mistake like what you just did could easily put a char 50k into the hole if he had just ranked.

There used to be a LOT more death traps too, and a lot of no-pass doors with keys and REALLY nasty things behind them and a way in other than the locked door. Some of those still exist and are always fun. At least one of them I know of has the no-ghost code that prevents you from walking into it as a ghost. Maybe that is what a suitable change would be, but I can't see it being fun sticking that on every no-recall death trap.

ArtificialSun 23-Aug-09 06:27 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26523, "Be careful, for even a ghost should fear some dangers! ..."
In response to Reply #0

nt

DurNominatorSun 23-Aug-09 06:15 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26522, "I suggest gear returning to you when corpse decays from..."
In response to Reply #0

That would remove the need for you to return to the death trap.

DervishSun 23-Aug-09 06:41 AM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#26524, "Cosign nt"
In response to Reply #1

nt

AceBushidoSun 23-Aug-09 01:12 PM
Member since 23rd May 2009
34 posts
#26527, "cosign cosign nt"
In response to Reply #3

cosign

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #26521 Previous topic | Next topic