Subject: "I wish Orcs were stronger" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #26199
Show all folders

AgraemasThu 06-Aug-09 06:33 PM
Member since 13th Dec 2003
87 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#26199, "I wish Orcs were stronger"

RP wise I need to kill them(just like most players), but OOC I feel like an asshole when I do. They are the ultimate underdogs.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TorakFri 07-Aug-09 12:07 AM
Member since 15th Feb 2007
1216 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26206, "Orcs are good at two things"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Fri 07-Aug-09 12:08 AM

1) Killing the unprepared.
2) Surviving for another day if they are prepared.

Although the 2nd reason sucks at hero....so I will side with some though that say they suck at that point...but I've never played one to fully try it. Having no healer at their recall is pretty ####ty. Pleebert/etc seem to be doing fine at the moment with kills but those deaths are huge.

Maybe give them a better Ragesteel?

deBriguyFri 07-Aug-09 01:44 PM
Member since 26th Feb 2007
50 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#26219, "Listen here's a quick breakdown of what Orcs are good a..."
In response to Reply #3

1. A prepared Orc, lets say with hard to get (Sanc or Shields) easy to get (Stoneskin and Prot), with at hero has around 1200-1300hp and has the best stunning move and the best lagging move in the entire game. Which means that they can take down massive groups in group to group fighting by stunning key players. I've done it, Torak we even made Bard/Lich flee when you and I fought them on the eastern that one time.

2. They are the best counterpart to almost any other character in the game, due to the best stunning best lagging move in the entire game. (Spinebreaker, Savagefeeding/Bash/Cheapshot).

3. They have an immense arsenal of utility moves that are actually really cool if you can get passed their lack of DR (I think they have negative damage reduction actually, except Mundunugu's). Grapple weapon, offhand grapple are under utilized. Pleeburt is making a ton of use of bloodsteep.

4. Hack is teh pwn on Villagers, I've made this point before.

5. They can hide! If you play a balls to the wall character, make it a VILLAGE berserker not an Orc berserker. You're given hide for a reason use it.

6. You have a ton of weapon choices, use them.

7. With bully, regearing takes me a total of 20 minutes and I'm gathering preps along the way. I get full looted a couple times per character with an Orc its the easiest to get back on my feet and start owning people again.

8. You can fight solo if someone else is alone if you play your cards right and have the blood saved up, the perfected skills, and the right tactics. Alzinghul had around 60-80 (I don't remember) solo kills, thats pretty high on an Orc.

9. Orc RP is probably the most fun you can have with a Chaotic Evil char. Do what you want, piss off who you want, kill who you want and its your inherent roleplay. Give me a break who doesn't like that sometimes.

10. WE HAVE AN IMM NOW! I tried for so long as Alz to get anyone to support the horde that I finally just gave up, then all of a sudden someone gets back, and YES dude you the man.

11. Don't knock it till you've tried it, and I realize how hard it is to play an Orc but you've got 24 con for a reason, learn some preps that are easy to get. Don't fight fights that you know you'll lose and make some allies and seal all the kills.

(ORC ORC ORC BOAT BOAT BOAT) Makes me cringe everytime but I laughed my ass off when there were like 4 of the peons yelling this.

ORBThu 06-Aug-09 09:40 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
993 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26202, "You must mean at Hero, cause lower levels they aren't b..."
In response to Reply #0

No text

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

DervishThu 06-Aug-09 08:33 PM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#26201, "Cosign nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #26199 Previous topic | Next topic