Subject: "Newbie Looting" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #25592
Show all folders

_Magus_Sun 05-Jul-09 12:01 PM
Member since 05th Dec 2006
430 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25592, "Newbie Looting"
Edited on Sun 05-Jul-09 12:01 PM

Can we please make it so that < level 11 can't be looted by people in PK range? I think these characters are some of the most prone to die, especially if you really are a newbie. Low level characters have low HPs, not a lot of skills or defenses, etc.. It's annoying to see someone just come by and take coins and whatever other garbage you might happen to have (maybe a quest item?).

If lowbies can't loot, then why should they be able to be looted.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BoonMon 06-Jul-09 01:26 PM
Member since 15th Jul 2007
72 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25614, "Or auto full loot all unguarded corpses by invis NPCs"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 06-Jul-09 01:35 PM

That way, you expect to get full looted in nearly all cases, and the exceptions are something that make you happy instead of angry.

Of course, if the possibility of being full looted is funbreaking in and of itself, then this wouldn't work. But then it wouldn't make sense to protect only newbies from the funbreaking bits either.

Furthermore, I think Seantryn Modan must be destroyed.

DragomirSun 05-Jul-09 08:00 PM
Member since 09th Mar 2006
220 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25601, "I agree."
In response to Reply #0

I was killed using poisoned armor by a thief with my first character, I was level 8. He gave me a midnight dragon torso, I put it on, he suggested I suicide, I did. He took EVERYTHING. That was my first introduction to this mud, I almost walked away right then and there. I think that if you are suppose to be protected pre level 11, then your corpse should be too.

NianMon 06-Jul-09 11:19 AM
Member since 05th Jun 2009
77 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25613, "Yeah"
In response to Reply #2

And it doesn't get any worse when it comes to ####head moves. What possible good could full looting a newbie char do?

It's not like he's going to be well geared. And I don't assume it counts as a PK (being out of range and all that), so you won't get your precious +1 PK count. And even if you did, how is it satisfying to get it in the most cheesiest of ways?

All you may possibly accomplish (if that's the word for it) is drive away potential players.

ScrimbulSun 05-Jul-09 01:09 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2003
884 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#25594, "Because then there'd be no point to outfit? nt"
In response to Reply #0

Bard Repertoire Clarifications:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=23735&mesg_id=23735&page=

SplntrdSun 05-Jul-09 09:52 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25602, "RE: Because then there'd be no point to outfit? nt"
In response to Reply #1

Nah. Outfit is useful in upper levels, too.

Splntrd

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #25592 Previous topic | Next topic